• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which is stronger for my pain..20mg hydrocodone or 8mg subutex?

Brooki_cookie

Bluelighter
I am prescribed hydrocodone and butrans 15mcg patches. Today is the day to switch to a new patch. Thing is i am in severe pain! I am ready to take my leg off i can hardly even walk. I cant smoke because they drug test me at PM. I go Monday. I happen to have 8mg of suboxone and i was going to try that and then tonight put a new patch on. Is it even worht it? Will that help my pain better than just taking my 20mg of hydrocodone? and will i be able to take the hydrocodone later without precip withdrawls? Can I take subutex while on my hydrocodone? Or will the nalaxone cause precipitated withdrawls? I read if you dissolve under tongue as prescribed the nalaxone will not interfere...idk if this is true?

Thank you,
Hurting badly

Last edited:
Update. I took My hydros. The question is can I still take the suboxone or will it cause issues like precip withdrawls? I feel like i'm in partial withdrawl because i do not have my butrans patch on. i plan to put a new one on later this evening around 10pm. it is 1:31pm right now.

So, 8mg of bupe would be a huge dose for you. I would honestly just recommend putting on the new patch!

It's not the naloxone that would cause the precipitated withdrawals, rather the buprenorphine's partial antagonist action displacing a full agonist at the mu receptor that brings it on. That's why they tell patients that they have to be in withdrawals at induction. I wouldn't advise taking the Suboxone for this reason. Hope you get to feeling better!

so basically since I have butrans for long acting pain relief and hydrocdone 10mg for breakthrough if i dissolved a suboxone under my tongue nothing would happen? As in i would not get prcip withdrawls? I have not taken my hydrocodone yet for today. I put a new patch on last night, but still hurting terribly as more recent things are going wrong with my body causing me terrible pain!

If i dissolve a sub now can i take my hydros later this evening around 6pm?

Taking the sub now could make you feel a whole lot worse if yesterday's hydrocodone hasn't left your system. Can you take Naproxen or ibuprofen/Motrin with a hydro pill? I've been doing that lately and seems to help.