• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Which drugs should be classified as soft drugs, other than marijuana?

It's really rather relative.

Marijuana is a rather hard drug on some who can't handle it, while LSD is rather soft for those who can handle it.

Do you mean psychologically or physically?

I think it's a matter of personal opinion, genetic makeup, lifestyle choice, etc. Too many variables.

It's really rather relative.

Marijuana is a rather hard drug on some who can't handle it, while LSD is rather soft for those who can handle it.

Do you mean psychologically or physically?

I think it's a matter of personal opinion, genetic makeup, lifestyle choice, etc. Too many variables.

What makes you think that marijuana is a hard drug for some people? And there's no way in the world that I would classify LSD as a soft drug, since LSD is one of the hardest drugs that's out there.

As I've stated, for SOME people. It's subjective.

Some people have panic attacks by smoking a small amount of marijuana. Thus I'd imagine it would be a "hard" drug on them.

I can take LSD and I'd consider it a rather SOFT drug compared to other psychedelics psychologically, and certainly soft on the body compared to say something cardiotoxic like cocaine or amphetamine. But that's me.

Like I said your question is too relative.

Define "hard" then define "soft" then we might be able to answer you.

As I've stated, for SOME people. It's subjective.
Some people have panic attacks by smoking a small amount of marijuana. Thus I'd imagine it would be a "hard" drug on them.

I can take LSD and I'd consider it a rather SOFT drug compared to other psychedelics psychologically, and certainly soft on the body compared to say something cardiotoxic like cocaine or amphetamine. But that's me.

Like I said your question is too relative.

Define "hard" then define "soft" then we might be able to answer you.

And yes, I absolutely agree with you. Alcohol is the perfect example of a drug which can either be one of the hardest drugs out there for some people, but it can also be a very soft drug for some others. Calling alcohol a "soft drug" seems to me like an insult to the people whose lives was ruined by alcoholism and they had to suffer through those horrible alcohol withdrawals, on the other hand, classifying alcohol as a harder drug alongside heroin, crack, and crystal meth doesn't really seem to be very accurate when taking into account the vast majority of the population who uses alcohol moderately and occasionally.

Last edited:
'Hard' and 'soft' are arbitrary labels, they don't mean anything..

Question doesn't make sense. Im sure the alcoholic who wakes up in the morning and swigs from a bottle of scotch looks down on the heroin addict who's mixing up a shot of gear in some disgusting public toilet. Whos the alcoholic to refer to an addict of 'hard' drugs a Junkie? I think they're both junkies. Just like how someone who smokes meth looks down on people who IV meth, it makes them feel better about them selves as pathetic as it is.
Then you have marijuana smokers who justify their use or, most likely abuse by deluding themselves or anyone that will listen to their bullshit that marijuana is a safe harmless drug thats mean't for everyone.
Well atleast the heroin addict hasn't got a choice, i have alot more sympathy for them then alcoholics, especially pot heads. Does this mean pot heads are junkies?

'Hard' and 'soft' are arbitrary labels, they don't mean anything..

Thank you.

I'd like to think we're born junkies, and we're born guilty.

I'm rather addicted to oxygen.

And I have blood on my hands.

This seems to be more suited for P&S if it were to go anywhere.

And that is A BIG IF.

Again? We're gonna have this discussion again?

Im a afraid Elven is gonna teach us what drugs are the hardest and more neurotoxic and more addicting again. Because whitout ever trying anything he knows absolutly everything about drugs. And we are all ignant and deluded :p

"Hard" and "soft" aren't arbitrary labels. If they were my dick would have no way of knowing what to do. They're relative and subjective of course, but far from arbitrary.

You can't classify hard/soft drugs with scientific precision as they are socially defined, not naturally defined, but I can give you what I think is the fairest most rational labeling system (I'm ignoring less popular drugs for clarity):

Hard: Crack, Meth, Heroin

Medium: Psychedelics (shrooms, LSD, RCs, mescaline, etc..), cocaine, alcohol, MDMA, benzos

Soft: Weed, tobacco, adderall, caffeine

I do not understand how Marijuana is still classified as a soft drug. I have seen so many people just LOSE THEIR SHIT from this drug. I myself have experience psychosis from smoking Marijuana daily and now get instant paranoia and panic attacks after one puff....how is this soft? I would of been better off starting with some good old heroin when I was younger and not experience pyschosis, so on my list;

Marijuana is definately HARD.

I would seriously consider something like Oxycodone and Heroin softer.

SOFT DRUG LIST (These are not hard drugs, someone please explain why they are? I can do these daily and not lose my shit. I can stop, feel like shit for a few days and move on. Can not say the same thing for weed...)

Coffee/Caffiene
Valium
Xanax
Morphine

Hard Drugs List

Marijuana
DXM
LSD
Mushrooms
ICE
Cocaine/Amphetamines
MDMA

I do not understand how Marijuana is still classified as a soft drug. I have seen so many people just LOSE THEIR SHIT from this drug. I myself have experience psychosis from smoking Marijuana daily and now get instant paranoia and panic attacks after one puff....how is this soft? I would of been better off starting with some good old heroin when I was younger and not experience pyschosis, so on my list;

Marijuana is definately HARD.

Psychosis triggered by habitual marijuana use only happens in those pre-disposed to the illness, it's the most common illegal drug ever, and we don't see too many psychotics in the population period.

Some others just can't handle weed's slight psychedelic effects. Altering your perception in a way that lights up your brain, not turning it off like with alcohol, can be a scary thing (mostly for young people).

Also some long term users (friends of mine included) will use for years perfectly fine, then they break up with a GF, or can't find a job, etc.. so every time they light up, and weed takes them to that "deep dark" place, they get anxiety every time.

All that said, it won't kill you and if you have some mental strength you can function on it.

SOFT DRUG LIST (These are not hard drugs, someone please explain why they are? I can do these daily and not lose my shit. I can stop, feel like shit for a few days and move on. Can not say the same thing for weed...)

Coffee/Caffiene
Valium
Xanax
Morphine

With benzos, especially if you have an anxiety problem to begin with, daily use can lead to 3+ YEARS of post-acute withdrawal. And you can seizure up and die. The first time you WD from them is the easiest. Compared to hard opioids, it takes the brain soooo much longer to reach homeostasis again.

If I had to draw a distinction, I would say marijuana and psychedelics, as these are two classes of drugs that, for most people who use them, they do not become problematic. But it seems silly to try to make a distinction. Drugs are drugs, some are more dangerous than others, and some people develop serious problems with some that other people don't have problems with.

It's true some people do get addicted to psychedelics (we have a thread about it right now in the psychedelics forum). In fact I was pretty much from 2006-2008. But when I got tired of it I just stopped. I don't even regret it even though I was pretty wrecked from lack of sleep for a while. I have been addicted to opiates really bad, and benzos for a bit, and GHB, and phenibut, and strong stimulants, and all of those had a much more negative impact on me. Psychedelic addiction for me was like when I was a 24/7 pothead. I started to feel like I could only experience life to the fullest while tripping. It was exciting and I had a lot of good experiences that I'm glad I had in the middle of it. People were worried about me, for sure, but all in all it was a growing experience that I wouldn't change, and I grew out of it in time, same as being a 24/7 weed smoker.

But yeah a few people will go off the rails on psychedelics, it's true. Then again, some people eat themselves to death, or fail to ever do anything with their lives from constantly playing video games, too.

Also I agree that chronic weed use is not harmless, it does have negative effects on motivation for most people,. apparently it can also throw some hormones out of whack, and it makes some people really depressed, while thinking that they need weed to not be depressed.

The motivation thing doesn't affect some people. One of my college friends is the biggest pothead I know to this day, and he's also one of the most successful people I know, he's involved in 3 industries at once and is basically always working, but at stuff he really enjoys. He says weed just makes everything feel right for him. He smokes before getting out of bed and last thing at night before getting back in bed, and all day in between. I'm kind of in awe of him, he's WAY more motivated than I am, and I hardly ever smoke weed, and I'm pretty motivated and do a lot of stuff, myself.

I guess my point is, everyone is different.