• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which benzo is best for opiate withdrawl??

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so ive been addicted to hydrocodone, oxycodone, opana for about 4 years. My daily habit is up to 120-150 mg a day of oxycodone. Or 40-80 mg opana a day( not both in one day one or the other) hydro when thats all that i have. Im about to go cold turkey. I have 2 different benzos, 2 mg klonopin and 1 mg xanax, which one is more useful for my situation? Plus i have the whole thomas recipe plus a ton of water and gatorade and vitamins. How long should this last, it has been 4 year binge also tho. Thanks

Also access to ativan of they are better for wd. But i think they are the weakest. Like the tramadol of benzos

When I was detoxing from alcohol in a clinic they gave me the benzo "Librium" every 6 hours. Librium is a rare benzo but used for withdrawal because it has an extremely long half life, I'm talking several days long. You also don't get high from it because it has an extremely long come up and come down if that makes sense.

To answer your question klonopin would undoubtedly work the best, the Xanax and Ativan have a quick strong punch and short half life, you need the exact opposite! The half life of kpin is 30-60 hours, perfect in your case. The Xanax and Ativan will just get you high for a short period then you'll just want to keep redoing, bad idea. The klonopin will slowly come on, relax you a little, and then slowly wear off, and it's long half life will still help with withdrawal even though you may not still "feel" it's effects. When I was in detox they gave me the benzo every 6 hours, and at every 24 hour mark they would half the dose and keep continuing that cycle until the dose dissipated to nothing and you went a day with nothing at all.

If you were withdrawing from alcohol or benzos I would say you absolutely must go to a clinic because it can be EXTREMELY dangerous going cold turkey at home. I still would recommend going to a clinic to detox your opiate problem but it's not as necessary as alcohol/benzo withdrawl would be. Detox at your own risk!

I would say clonazepam is the most helpful in terms of opiate/opioid withdrawal. As was stated above, it has a long duration of action (~6-12hrs) which prevents rebound anxiety often found with benzodiazepines such as alprazolam.

You may find alprazolam/lorazepam useful when trying to fall asleep though as they have a lot of hypnotic strength that clonazepam lacks.

If you could get it, then Valium (Diazepam) would be the one. But as the others have said, in this case, Klonopin (Clonazepam) will aid you the best.

Good luck with the labour of Opiate withdrawal. I read somewhere " Just think;They're labour pains... You're giving birth to a new you " =D Always brought a grin to my face whilst going through cold turkey (400 mg doses) Oxy withdrawals at the start of 2013. First few weeks I had a physical need for Opiates. Then I just craved them for a few weeks.

I used higher doses, but not 4 years of daily use. And due to years of heavy Benzo abuse, Benzos provided me no relief. You can do this. ;)

I still get cravings, and I sometimes give in. But I regret it every time...

I use xanax to get me through the wd's until I'm sick enough to take subutex. Then during my sub taper I only take xanax when the anxiety is to much. I never take any benzos daily so they work. Both of those should make you're kick tolerable. Don't use any benzo daily so you can get the relief you need. They help SO much but you don't want another addiction....best of luck. :)

Traditionally (and for good reasons) benzos with long half-lives are going to work the best, particularly if they reduce muscle spasms. Meaning ideally you'd have access to diazepam.

Clonazepam and lorazepam are better than alprazolam by a significant margin IME. If I had to choose between the latter three, I'd go with clonazepam ever time, followed by lorazepam and then alprazolam.

ok I also have a limited access to valium (diazepam) 5 mg. only a few. are they any good? lol i had to get ready for this detox. thats why i have so many benzos. I KNOW I KNOW, Im skipping days on the benzos due to not wanting a dependency on benzos which is horrifying from what ive heard. i jate benzos when i had opiates. thanks!!! wish me the best :). going in with good spirits. only have 5 percs left then im starting my journey to sobriety

Clonazepam is the best benzo for opiate withdrawal imo.

You get the potency, muscle relaxation, anticonvulsant, long half life, etc.