• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Which banks do the most and least "fraud checks" when you make direct bank transfers?

Bleaney

Bluelighter
It seems that transferring my bank account to one of the banks that pays you a cash bribe for doing so was just about the worst move I could have possibly made. They are absolute bastards for freezing direct bank transfers. It's been impossible to get any to go through so far. Phone call grillings have been involved on both attempts.

I thought Lloyds were a pain in the arse, but I only got a phone call grilling once from them, and from then on they just texted me for confirmation that it was me that did the transfer and that I am sure I want to go ahead.

I very strongly regret this move right now.

I will be forced to move to bitcoin to get round this. It's the only way. It seems that its the direct bank transfers that causes them a problem. If you buy bitcoin with visa card there's fuck all they can do about that.

Of course bitcoin is totally legal and I only want them to invest and trade in them. What else could I possibly want them for.

Never had anything like that with natwest - you just set up a payee online, tap in your number with your personal magic keyboard/safety device and it goes through. No fucking about.

I had similar problems with Halifax. Apparently it's cos they've had other customers reporting the account your trying to pay as a scammer in the past.

Never had anything like that with natwest - you just set up a payee online, tap in your number with your personal magic keyboard/safety device and it goes through. No fucking about.
Natwest here I come! Sign me up tomorrow!

Look at Revolut for crypto stuff. I've transferred gbp to and from coinbase without issue from my Revolut account. You can then transfer to regular current account. Or at least you could 12 months ago when I sold some bitcoin.

Isnt monero preferred to bitcoin on most of the markets? Mymonero is the one I use I think.

Which bank did you switch to? Was it your current account?

Is it only to er... 'suspicious' accounts they block or any kind of bank transfer? Not that I ever buy from a clearnet sites of course ;), but if I did Natwest would give all kinds of warnings about 'are you sure these goods exist', 'you may be scammed' etc but they wouldn't block the transfer. Whoever this bank is I'd tell them to go fuck themselves if they block one more transfer and say you'll switch to another bank

When using a debit card to pay for something flagged as potentially suspicious I sometimes get a text asking me if it's a genuine transaction, but a simple reply yes and they unblock it.

I'm hesitant about Cryptocurrencies after one in the US recently collapsed due to fraud and many people lost their savings

I'm not currently on any of the markets. Just on clearnets.

I've just been doing a bit of googling and it seems these enhanced security checks became law a couple of years ago at all the major banks. But it would also seem that if you stay with the same bank long term they are less strict.

People seem to be saying that the regulation is only going to increase. Even bitcoin has ID checks now, so not sure if that's anonymous any more. I'll be looking into it all tonight and over the weekend. People are talking about "Digital IDs being here" on bitcoin channels. It all sounds a bit concerning to say the least.

Last edited:
Which bank did you switch to? Was it your current account?

Is it only to er... 'suspicious' accounts they block or any kind of bank transfer? Not that I ever buy from a clearnet sites of course ;), but if I did Natwest would give all kinds of warnings about 'are you sure these goods exist', 'you may be scammed' etc but they wouldn't block the transfer. Whoever this bank is I'd tell them to go fuck themselves if they block one more transfer and say you'll switch to another bank

When using a debit card to pay for something flagged as potentially suspicious I sometimes get a text asking me if it's a genuine transaction, but a simple reply yes and they unblock it.

I'm hesitant about Cryptocurrencies after one in the US recently collapsed due to fraud and many people lost their savings
I'm not naming it publically as it could potentially make me traceable. But apparently all the banks are doing these security checks, although it seems Nat West may be less strict.

A quick Google has told me that even the Nat West basic essentials account has "fraud protection guarantee".

I'm not sure whether to do an immediate switch to natwest and cut my losses with this new bank. I think I should out of principle.

I could also keep this bastard new account for all other day to stuff (at least I'd get the bribe that way) and open up a 2nd account with Nat West or something and transfer some money into there via a savings account and use that account for clearnets etc.

Last edited:
Open a Tide business banking account. They usually have an offer on for a free £50/150 upon sign up.

You don’t actually need to be a business to open an account. Once accounts active you can set up five regular non business accounts.

They do have limits though, but it’s a withdrawal/deposit limit of £1m a year.

I think you hear me knocking and I think Im coming in. In fact Im already in the house and coming up the stairs..
Ha ha ha.

I meant for the authorities, or "the state". If I was something big time and important enough I think they possibly could have found out who I am. I bet that not many new customers have had 2 transactions blocked straight away. That would be a pretty short list, I should think.

They could possibly trace me from my posts here alone. Even hackers can do things like that, no? (Especially if you give away too much personal info etc, like taking photos and not stripping the exif data I think)

Why make it even easier for them (the authorities)?

Last edited:
Look In to klaus schwabb WEF, and his and his acolytes plan to intoduce CBDC to the world. Your spend could be decided by the government e.g. spent too much on booze no more for you young man or not exercising enough no cake. These are simple examples but it could be very dark when you look at China's facial recognition and how that can be applied. Oh and rishi is very keen on CBDC.

It's already happening to me! My transactions are being blocked.

I don't buy the "consumer protection" line 100%. The line between that and what the WEF is proposing is a very thin and blurry line.

I did look into some of the WEF stuff last night.

Last edited:
I'm just finding out that many banks have banned the purchase of bitcoin with debit card. My bank is inevitably on the list!

Oh My God!

:LOL:

I have to laugh, what else can I do apart from move my account pronto. Which I will. I can't live like this.

Does anyone use Revolut?

Last edited:
I use binance P2P to cash in and out

It's hassle free and I can pay or get paid using bank transfer or other cash app between my peer and I while protected by binance escrow. Because no comment is made on the transaction the bank cannot know its for crypto

If extra anominity is your desire then local bitcoin.com is also good

For larger amounts I'd go see an anon exchange fellow in person

Look at Revolut for crypto stuff. I've transferred gbp to and from coinbase without issue from my Revolut account. You can then transfer to regular current account. Or at least you could 12 months ago when I sold some bitcoin.
Do you have Revolut as your main account, or as a 2nd one?

I'm reading about hundreds of people getting their Revolut accounts frozen with no customer service response team available to sort it out. I don't like the sound of that one bit.

Although I could open a Revolut account, transfer say £101 in and see if they let me buy £100 of bitcoin.

Do you have Revolut as your main account, or as a 2nd one?

I'm reading about hundreds of people getting their Revolut accounts frozen with no customer service response team available to sort it out. I don't like the sound of that one bit.

Although I could open a Revolut account, transfer say £101 in and see if they let me buy £100 of bitcoin.
I have it as a second account. I had a small amount of bitcoin to sell. My everyday current account is with one of the major banks and searching online it appeared coinbase transfers would possibly cause it to be frozen.

I opened up revolut account and transferred the coinbase funds into there no issue. Revolut also allow some crypto trading direct on the app, I believe you can transfer and sell some coins directly through revolut without needing to use coinbase ect, although think its limited to a few coins.

My main bank did query when I first deposited some money to revolut although a phone call sorted that. To be fair I don't use the account a great deal, it was only really to shift a modest amount of funds from coinbase a while back. I never had an issue with revolut although if I used it a lot I may come to develop a different opinion! I'd be wary of keeping any sizeable amount there for long as I don't think they are part of the FCS, my understanding is if they go bust your money is at risk.