• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

where are the SINGLE and DECENT men?

Ok here's my take for what it's worth, its a little long

First of all those who are attractive have a greater chance of attracting those of the opposite sex. These people usually know that they can get what they want, and they do. They usually become the ones looking for one night stands or just some fun. Now I'm not saying this is the case with everyone but usually most.

Most people want someone who they find to be better then themselves, (ie: better looking, more money, more fun to be with, more exciting, better social scene) it's the challenge of having to work for something you could otherwise get easily (namely getting those who are as attractive or less attractive then you).

Of course there are exceptions, but usually it is the average/ugly people who are the nice guys/girls. They can't get what they want and tend to lack the confidence that comes with repeated success with the opposite sex. Instead of building this confidence early on they are stuck in sexual limbo.

Now most guys who complain about not finding nice girls usually want hot women. And to find hot women they go to bars. The bar is not a good place to pick up "nice" people (this applies to both sexes) those at the bar are "usually" there to get laid, and the women who frequent them are there for the same reason. If you want nice girls to college/university, go to church, volunteer, play organized sports.

Don't forget that only 10% max of the entire female population is very attractive, and relationship material (just an observation don't kill me). The problem happens when 60+% of the male population is gunning for the same girls, not everyone can win, and it's usually those at the very top who get them (ie: attractive, good job, funny, good personality, smart). Those who aren't at the pinnacle lose and complain about there not being any nice girls when they typically aren't desirable enough to compete (when a guy means "nice girl" he usually means nice girl and attractive). Now if a guy has one of these 10% girls odds are he doesn't want to let her go. So all the best ones are usually taken. So the hot girls who are left are typically those with weak personalities, emotional baggage or other problems. It's not that there aren't any nice girls, it's that you don't rate well enough to get one, or they are taken. Keep in mind when I say 'you' its in a general sense.

Most girls value the same things in a mate that guys do. I've seen it before, they go for who they think rates the highest, then they go for who rates the highest among those they think are obtainable.

The problem lies in a combination of things. Since childhood we are told we are special that we are amazing people, but not all of us are. Many believe that they are more desirable then they really are, and rather then accept that they don't rate, they complain. They put the blame on others instead of on themselves.

Also those who complain often don't try to fix the situation. They can do things to make themselves more desirable but don't. So what it comes down to is this:

1) If you are in the top 10% for either sex you got it made.
2) If not change yourself (not everyone wants to),
3) lower your standards (few will do this)
4) get used to being alone while you press on for your ideal mate

OK thats my take, in case it matters I'm a guy, but i'm sure you have probably guessed that by now.

I think that if a person has had a lot of bad luck with people screwing them over in dating/relationships, it is natural for them to become bitter, which leads to complaining. It doesn't mean they think they're better than everyone else.

DancinXTCangel said:
I think that if a person has had a lot of bad luck with people screwing them over in dating/relationships, it is natural for them to become bitter, which leads to complaining. It doesn't mean they think they're better than everyone else.

Good point ;) .That's sadly how I currently feel :( .

mintalyelevatid said:
heres a hint. that guy that walks up to you with a suspicious smile and starts a convo is an asshole

that cute guy in the corner that keeps peeking at you is the one you want.

try to make moves on the shy guys. after they get to know you and open up, your in for a treat.

WOMEN: Listen to this guy!! I think introverts are like this. It's the extroverts who can most easily walk up to strange women.

Inspector Abberline on 09-04-2004 12:13 (#1823226)
Said, "The guys that don't approach are going to be one of two types.

1) shy about approaching. I don't think girls get how approaching a woman can be such a heart wrenching experience at times. "what do i say?" Ok, i'll say "hello" but after that? I'm a great talker, I mean, not to toot my own horn (if i could, I'd never leave the house), but i'm funny, smart, etc., but damn if that initial approach still doesn't kill me sometimes. women like confidence, yeah. a lot of men are confident in everything else, except that one area.

2) indifferent. i'm like this most times. sometimes I just really don't care about going up to girls. it's like a friend asking you if you want to watch a certain movie and you say "eh, sure why not". ironically, i find that this mindset is much more affective at attracting women. it's like, "i'm so sure of myself that i know i don't need to go up to a woman." don't know if anyone will understand what i'm saying. it's not thinking "I'm all that" . when i'm talking with a girl, i'm totally myself. acting they same way around her as i do all my other friends. i'm just not generally concerned with "getting" the girl to like me. not cocky. understand? i guess..."i'm not the best looking, but i know i'm pretty damn good looking (if you like pretty faces that is. can't pull of tough guy at all). i'm not the funniest, but i know i'm pretty damn funny. i'm not the smartest, but i'm pretty damn smart. i'm not the richest, but i know i make much more than most." so it's like, I know what i got, i know i'm a good catch. i don't need to chase a woman. they come to me. and a lot of times they do. AND it's really not important for me to be with a woman. i don't need one to survive. to me...that's confidence. so those guys aren't going to come up to you. You gotta impress me."

WELL!! It must be nice living in a country where single women out-number men 4 to 1!!! In the US it's quite different. I've tried your approach for the first half of my life and it got me no women (zilch)! In fact, women rarely initiate conversations with me, let alone flirt or even smile at me (or know I exist). If a man in America smiles at a woman passing by on the street, he will more likely get a frown then a smile in return. Since I starting working out at the gym and dressing metro-sexual, women look at me, but that's as far as that goes.

[NOTE TO AUSSIE GALS: come on over, you'll have yer pick of the lot!!!]%)

The problem is not about finding a decent guy/girl.
It's the crappy communcation, guys and girls interpret the same thing differently.
to a girl, a nice guy is one that is confident (blah blah you've all heard it before)
to a guy a nice guy is someone that will put up with shit.

now all the males out there have you ever noticed that you tell a female to stop whinging and they will say "IM NOT WHINGING"

to us males, anything that is said in conversation that is pointless and has a certain tone that is draining = whinging
to girls , nagging = whinging.
(now that part of the convo is over)

Ask yourself (male or female) ... would YOU date you?
why not?

elva said:
a) are DECENT but already have a relationship or
b) are single, but only after a ONE NIGHT STAND/SEX or
c) are single, but are complete tards/or gay

i think you are the girl version of me.

....did i mess up and go to an Austrailian forum here, er what?

Wacky- Thanks! Unfortunately I feel that way as well. :(

Wanting to be in a good relationship does not = arrogance. This is something that pretty much everyone wants at some point in their lives. It's just that some people have an easier time of it because they are more outgoing or better looking. It's like.. EXCUSE me for wanting to meet a guy who won't lie to me or fuck around with my feelings only to ditch me for another girl in the blink of an eye. I might be shy, and I realize that doesn't help, but I find myself in that situation a lot and I don't deserve that kind of treatment. If feeling that way makes me conceited then so be it. What do some of you people expect girls like me to do, mope around about how we suck for not being able to get a guy? I hope not, because I've spent YEARS doing that and it is not healthy, and I'm trying to steer myself away from that mindset. Who knows, maybe it will help me get what I want for once! :eek:

im a good guy.... i aint the best looking guy on earth but still, i find it hard to find a decent girl too,

i should go back to the gym tho...

I am single (for a while now)

A. Drive a nice car
B. have a college degree
C. have a good paying job
D. am funny
E. have blue eyes...
F. Can cook

SO WTF LADIES?!??!?

:):eek:

Well i just got dumped because "I care TOO much"

Explain girls.... because i just dont undersatnd
*confused*

elva said:
Well, I'm not sure what you guys think...but there appears to be a lack of single, decent men out there. I'm 22...the men my age are:

a) are DECENT but already have a relationship or
b) are single, but only after a ONE NIGHT STAND/SEX or
c) are single, but are complete tards/or gay

Am i the only girl who feels this?
I would love to know where all the lovely single guys are hiding. Please.

Thanks.

here :D

nobody has seemed to take notice of wizekrak's post.

wizekrak said:

Also those who complain often don't try to fix the situation. They can do things to make themselves more desirable but don't. So what it comes down to is this:

1) If you are in the top 10% for either sex you got it made.
2) If not change yourself (not everyone wants to),
3) lower your standards (few will do this)
4) get used to being alone while you press on for your ideal mate

perhaps it is just too difficult to unlearn evolution. we all by instinct go for the "10%".

and no, you are not amazing, despite what you were told when you were a kid by your parents etc etc. if everyone was amazing, who is normal?

where do you sit in the bell curve?

Again, guys, to me it seems like it all boils down to a few things. 1) act like you don't need it and it seems to come. the puppy dog thing just doesn't seem to get me anywhere. 2) being aggressive is also a necessity. i don't mean asshole or cocky, getting out "there" often. 3) be direct. subltely will get you no where. again, i have yet to master this advice, but i'm working on it...

Incidentally, to whomever said it, I did live in the US for all of my life past 18 (germany before that)-army brat!) and not in areas where girls out number guys. the college i went to had a girl guy ratio of 1 girl for every 10 guys. Lived in manhattan where the girl to guy ratio is decent. now i'm in baghdad...so few girls that i'm doing my best to forget about them.

and finally...to repeat myself.

if you can't find what you're looking for...it's your own fault. that, my friends, is the toughest zen buddhist trick to master.

lets not forget that confidence, personality, and wealth are all for naught if your ugly!!!

if your sure youve got all the right characteristics, you may just be down right ugly.

U-G-L-Y
YOU AINT GO NOT ALLABY
YOU UGLY, YEAH YEAH YOU UGLY!!!