• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When potenizing methadone with benzos is it better to take them together or wait a couple hours for the methadone to take full effect?

RuffSamurai

Bluelighter
Title says it all. Just trying to figure out if it’s better to wait a couple hours or take the two drugs together to get the most out of potenizing.

My soulmate died from a fentanyl overdose 4 months ago. She was my reason. Had 2 years sober thought we had beat this shit. It’s her daughters 13th birthday next weekend and their coming to get the last of her stuff. And I am just so god damn angry and sad and done with this fucking world. I wish I could fucking OD but all I ever do is just increase my tolerance. Never people like me who die always the beautiful ones.

Fucking hate it here. So basically save all the harm reduction shit. I’ve been an opiate and benzos addict all my life. Methadone and klonopin isn’t going to be what takes me out trust me.

Klonopin doesn't potentiate methadone. The combo just emphasizes some of the sedative effects of both drugs.

How much methadone are you on? I'd advise caution unless you have are heavily tolerant to the methadone and are accustomed to the effects of benzos. I mean I used to combine them all the time, and I was on a monster 380mg/day, but I never really noticed it enhancing the effect of methadone itself. It just emphasized the sedating effects. Both methadone and clonazepam are pretty slow acting so you might consider taking them together. But to be clear, this combo regularly kills people so I can't really advise it.

Thank you for the reply and insight. I’m on a 180mg of methadone thinking of going up as I’m really struggling right now. I unfortunately have been an opiate and benzo addict the last 10 years and never really use one without the other. This combo dosent do much for me but make me numb and content. It’s like hill Billy oxy or Vicodin. Anyway thank you for the reply.