• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When does Oxycodone kick in after taken orally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saelem

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm pretty new to blue light and I'd like apologize in advance if I posted in the wrong thread. I came across a 20mg pill of oxycodone, and decided to try it. I chewed it thourouly about 10 minutes ago, and I was wondering when it would start kicking in?
And is 20mg good for a beginner?

Important info

Female - 16 - 150lb - 5,3 - new to opiates

Yeah you'll definitely feel that

probably 30-40 minutes before you're noticeably out of it

Thank you! I figured, but I just want to be for sure, will it be very euphoric, or will I just be in a daze and kind of tired?

It's going to feel really good actually, but you might throw up

Oh that's great! I'm starting to feel it some now, but is there anyway I could prevent throwing up? And how long will the high last?

Idk, just stay positive and relax. not really an exact science why some people vomit

probably about 4-5 hours it should be pretty noticeable if you've never taken opiates before

disclaimer though: opiates will ruin your life. Not trying to be a buzzkill but you have to at least hear that

Oh yes I'm well aware I certainly don't want to get hooked. I've never tried opiates but I've tried a lot of other things that are pretty addictive, but I always limit myself to only 1-3 times a month, and that's usually when school is absolutely destroying me. Thank you for the warning though, it's really appreciated. :)

Last edited:
...it actually rears its ugly head
when? why, after it snags you of course

15-20 mg is the average recreational dose for someone with no tolerance. Everyone metabolized drugs at different speeds, but for most people it's about 20-40 minutes.

We're probably gonna end up beating a dead horse on this one, but a general rule of thumb, based upon an average daily diet and eating habits i.e. you haven't been to the "all you can eat" buffet in the previous few hours, is that 30 minutes post-administration should produce at least initial effects with the 1 hour mark being the event horizon of the experience where you'll probably be experiencing 90% of perceptible effects.

This is purely in reference to Oxycodone, which for the record, is a fairly quick-acting Opioid when consumed orally.

Status
Not open for further replies.