• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When does Lorazepam and Zopiclone Withdrawal Start?

V82

Bluelighter
How long does it take for Zopiclone withdrawal to start from the last dose?

I was also wondering how long lorazepam withdrawal will take from the last dose.

I have been using them on different nights, not every night will I take either. But I am afraid because I am taking prozac and want to get off these drugs cause they seem to have negative effects for my anxiety in the long term.

I take 7.5 mg of Zopiclone approximately twice a week.

I take 1.5 mg of Lorazepam approx. three times a week usually.

I usually have 2 or 3 days with using none of these drugs at all and I haven't noticed withdrawal symptoms.

Sometimes I take 5 - 7 days off Lorazepam once every month or month and a half.

I am stopping these drugs now and if withdrawal starts I wanted to know when.

I am sick of these drugs especially benzos been on the occasional benzo use train for tooo long and it has not improved my anxiety one little bit. I am worse off. I just want to stop and get on the Prozac.

Last edited:
you take zop x2 a week, loraz 3x a week, and always have at least a two day break between them? sometimes three?
you wont experience withdrawal if you havent already mate cause it doesn't sound like you're dependent!
congrats

Keeping's got good info and I'm in agreement for the most part. Zopiclone (Immovane) belongs to a class of drugs known as Z-Drugs (because most of the originals began with the letter Z), but you can also call it a non-Benzodiazepine if that's easier to remember. Non-Benzodiazepine, much like the term non-Barbiturate, can be a little misleading, as it actually implies that the drug works in a very similar fashion and upon similar systems in the body, while being chemically distinct from class.

Benzodiazepines and Z-drugs, the classes of drugs to which Lorazepam (Ativan) and Zopiclone belong respectively, both exert their effects by acting upon the GABA-A receptor, so yes, they will be cross-tolerant to a certain extent.

At any rate, neither of these drugs is very long-acting, so by taking 2-3 days off on a regular basis would probably predict that you're not going to experience any withdrawal from either substance. Bear in mind, withdrawal is different from a little bit of rebound anxiety and/or mild insomnia. It shouldn't be anything that would rob you of your ability to function.