• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When do cocaine withdrawal symptoms start?

cacachanel

Greenlighter
After ~2 months of cocaine usage, frequency progressively increasing (1 day/week to almost every day/week), almost every day I used, I did 1g, this is the second day of abstinence and I don't feel worse than before. I have no cravings also, I'm disgusted thinking about it now, I didn't even enjoy the drug that much, I just convinced myself I couldn't perform some tasks without it, there were days I used for the euphoria but these are exceptions. I definitely noticed a significant tolerance.
I know they're mostly "psychological symptoms" but these are the one I'm mostly afraid, as I have a very important work-related event next week, which may define my whole future. So, what should I expect?

I think you'll be fine as long as you have a couple days in between stopping blow and going back to work... get some rest and eat some food. Sometimes after coke I get some lingering anxiety for the following week, but its nothing I can't deal with. I usually don't feel many after effects until the second day. Don't psych yourself out though, it really shouldn't be that bad. Focus on your work next week and just try to forget about blow.

I've gone off cocaine and crack many times and never felt withdrawals per se. After a binge, I would want to sleep a lot the next day but after that I was pretty much fine. Just kicking myself for spending all that money, maybe a bit disgusted like you mentioned. One thing I will caution you on is knowing what triggers you- like driving past the place where you would cop from. Another thing you might want to do is delete those connects from your phone so you won't be tempted if cravings hit. Do like pickled said and focus on your important work event. Hope it goes well for you!

Thank you so much for your support!
Yes, I don't feel any cravings (yet?). The dealer lives 3 blocks from my house so it has always been very accessible for me. I had some cravings in the beginning but when I started Wellbutrin I stopped feeling euphoria from coke. Another task I think I can't accomplish without coke is this event. I'm thinking about taking a Ritalin sublingually but that may be too weak for my tolerance and lacks the serotonin factor cocaine has. The other option would be taking some cocaine orally. This is really not me trying to give excuses to use again, I'm far from craving it at the moment. I just can't stand the idea of seeming like a dumb dopamine-depleted burnout in front of my potential boss.