• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

"When dcotors can't say no" - CNN

Trancedence,

Do you have insurance? If so, how do you have it?

I had insurance through y father's job. When I went to school I had it through the school. When I worked after school I was insured by my employer. And now that I have been back in the U.S. since February, I've been without insurance.

I applied to three insurance companies and got rejected by all of them for a "Preexisting condition." The preexisting condition which denies me, a generally healthy 28 year old guy, from being insured is "Anxiety." Huh! Yes, I have been anxious, went to a psychiatrist, got Xanax and now that I need to get insurance after having had it before, I can't get insurance. So what can I do? Nothing much, really, except that I'm going back to Spain ASAP where Healthcare is a Right, not a Privilege.

Transcendence, I find it incredible that Americans are willing to put up with absolute nonsense in the health sector. I think it's because most Americans have never been in a Government run health systems and they have no idea how badly they are getting ripped off.

I have insurance through my father's job. I'm lucky to have a decent plan, but I agree that the health care system is in the US is need of drastic renovation. At the same time I'm hard-pressed to think of a social program that the United States government has not mishandled, to put it mildly.

I've never lived in a country with a universal healthcare plan for an extended period of time, so I can't comment on any other health care systems. However, at this point I simply do not trust my government enough to place my well being into their hands.