• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What's your method for making Kratom tea?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I was just wondering what different methods people use for making Kratom tea.

I might have to stop toss n' washing due to stomach issues and the last time I tried to make Kratom tea it didn't turn out so well and I'm thinking of making some tomorrow.

I'll be back to look at this thread later and see what people have to say.

I use kratom 3 times daily, and also had to stop toss and washing due to issues with my stomach. Here's how I make tea (adjust dosage accordingly).

I usually toss in all three colors of a certain strain. So let's go with Sumatra for example.

1. Get a pot, and put 10 grams of white sumatra, 10 grams of green sumatra, and 10 grams of red sumatra in. I feel this gives the greatest range of alkaloids, and will also be an amount large enough to last you all day and night.

2. Get some water in the pot, so it's about one and a half times as high up the pot as the kratom. You don't need too much water, as the tea tastes like straight ass, and you want as little liquid left as possible. Put a shot glass of lemon or lime juice in there too. You can also throw in a shot of vodka or everclear, as this will be evaporated in the next step. The Lemon juice and alcohol help extract the alkaloids more efficiently.

3. Slowly turn the heat up until it starts boiling, then lower it just a tad below boiling. Don't worry about destroying alkaloids, as kratom alkaloids are very stable at high heat compared to morphine/codeine etc. Just make sure to lower it a tad when it starts boiling. Also make sure you keep an eye on it, as it likes to bubble up, and kratom goop is a terrible mess to clean off your stove. Keep stirring every minute or two.

4. After letting it sit at this temp for 10-20 minutes (I usually go for 20 unless I'm feeling very impatient), get a cheese cloth, strainer, or something of the like and put it over a bowl or cup. Dump the liquid onto the strainer, and keep the resulting liquid in the bowl. But we aren't done yet. Put the kratom goop back into the pot, and repeat the first 3 steps again, as there's still more alkaloids that havent been extracted.

5. Repeat step 4 and combine the 2 batches of tea. At this point you should have around a cup of kratom tea left. Try tasting it, if it's too strong for you, throw the tea in the pot, and you can boil it down to nothing until it's just some brown resin (this is actually how gold reserve and other extracts are made).

If you can handle the taste, be sure to sip it to get a feel for the potency. I've found kratom tea hits harder, almost instantaneously on an empty stomach, but lasts only about 2.5 hours at most, whereas plain leaf lasts about 3.5-4. This is most likely because your body is digesting the liquid all at once, rather than slowly digesting the leaf. The tea will usually be good to drink for about 5 days if kept in fridge, any longer and it starts to coagulate and get really nasty. I usually make about 5 days worth at once, as it is a process, and annoying to do for every dose.

Let me know if you need more info.

I remember someone on here using a keurig brewer to make kratom tea. i think I may give it a try

I mean, is there really any reason why you can't just put the right amount of Kratom in some empty tea bags, boil some water first, then pour it into a cup with the tea bags and leave it sitting for 15-20 mins while stirring it occassionally?

Is there any reason that wouldn't make a strong cup of Kratom tea?

Also, one poster above, Stotched, mentioned using THIRTY grams of Kratom in tea!!!

Why is that necessary to make a bigger batch?

Couldn't you just use the same amount of Kratom but more water??

Or is the point that if you use more water the Kratom tea will be diluted so you need more Kratom?

Exactly how much Kratom per cup of water would you say you need to make strong tea?

If I want to make a days worth of tea, and I want to make 3 doses which are 5 grams each, do I just throw 15 grams in the pot with enough water?

This shit confuses me lol.

Don't use tea bags, the alkaloids don't seem to be able to bleed through the bags. It'll be a waste of kratom. Trust me on this from experience.

I've been using kratom 3-5x daily for multiple years now. Kratom saved me from opiate addiction, and I've messed around with it quite a bit, even making my own UEI and gold reserve extracts.

Like I said, the best way to make the tea is to boil it in a pot, strain through a cheese cloth. It'll taste like shit, but you wont lose any alkaloids.

Use one gram more per dose than you would for toss and wash, just so account for alkaloid loss.

^^^^

Stotched, please check your PMs.

I'm still confused about certain things like:

You say not to use tea bags, but does that mean you just throw the Kratom powder LOOSE into the tea kettle and stir??

That last time I did that it ended up all over the sides of the kettle above the water and only maybe 50% of the Kratom was fully immersed in the water and then I had a huge mess inside the kettle.

I think it may be one of the reasons it didn't come out strong.

Other people seem to think that using tea bags is just fine and even recommend it to squeeze them into the tea afterwards to get out all the alkaloids.

But I've yet to see anyone use a metal-mesh ball strainer like I want to and I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

It's just a small metal ball with two halves that screw together and small holes in the metal to let the water in and soak whatever tea is inside.

You just unscrew the metal ball in the middle, put your Kratom or tea in, screw it back together and plop the little cylindrical ball into the pot with the water and boil.

You can then take the grounds out of it and put them in a teabag to squeeze over the cup of Kratom once poured out and get out the extra alkaloids like one poster suggested.

Why wouldn't this work??

I don't see why the alkaloids wouldn't be able to bleed through tea bags anyway...I mean, other tea does???

And still no one has explained to me a PROPER RATIO for the amount of water to use for Kratom.

One knowledgable poster suggested 2 cups of water per making one dose that is about 5 grams....but I'm not sure if I should use double that amount of water if I am using double that amount of Kratom, like 4 cups for 10 grams....if I want to make EQUALLY strong tea that is 5 grams a cup.....but simply want to make more of it for more doses.

Would that work?

I mean....since the Kratom is divided amongst more water and if I made 2 cups worth with 10 grams would each cup end up coming out the strength of 5 grams like I want...or would each cup be the strength of 10 grams which would be WAY too strong for me??

I really want to make tea tonight to save for tomorrow, or tommorrow at the LATEST...so any answers would be appreciated.

If not, I may try the method of putting it in a ball strainer, or simply some tea bags....or perhaps I will try Stoched's methods, not sure....

Myco you can use any amount of water really, It doesn't matter as long as it's enough to cover the kratom. I used 2 cups as an example, my cups were probably more like 12oz or 1.5 cups. Teabags may not be the best method but from experience it does work when agitating the teabag frequently and squeezing the remaining alkaloids when done. I used several layers of t-shirt to strain my kratom so there's no reason it won't get through your average teabag, one that's not extremely tightly woven. I can take a picture of a teabag that currently holds hibiscus, but I've used in the past with success.

Typically, when your tea floats at the top of your pot it means that you put the kratom in the water too early. I find that if the water is really hot, the kratom seems to dissolve better and eventually it all sinks to the bottom (talking powdered leaf here), very little should be all over the side. The method you want to try with the ball strainer might work, why don't you give it a try? Sounds like you might have to do a bit of experimentation which such "out of the box" ideas.

To answer your other question, 5g will have the same effect whether you use 1 or 5 cups of water. What I mean is that if 5g is your average single dose, your not gonna get any more than 1 dose out of that tea no matter how much water you add, there's only 5g in the tea. If you want to make 3 doses of 5g you must figure out how much water your gonna want in each cup.

The stronger the tea, the worse it tastes but the faster you can get it down. To make things simple say you want three doses at a cup for each dose. Add 15g of kratom to 3 cups of water using whatever method you choose to use and when done, split the doses into 3 equal parts and you will now have three 5g doses at about 1 cup of water per dose. Due to evaporation there may be less water than what you started with but you can either split them in three seperate cups by eye or re measure your final product and add water til it's back at three cups and split evenly Hope that clears things up.

Last edited:
Myco you can use any amount of water really, It doesn't matter as long as it's enough to cover the kratom. I used 2 cups as an example, my cups were probably more like 12oz or 1.5 cups. Teabags may not be the best method but from experience it does work when agitating the teabag frequently and squeezing the remaining alkaloids when done. I used several layers of t-shirt to strain my kratom so there's no reason it won't get through your average teabag, one that's not extremely tightly woven. I can take a picture of a teabag that currently holds hibiscus, but I've used in the past with success.

Typically, when your tea floats at the top of your pot it means that you put the kratom in the water too early. I find that if the water is really hot, the kratom seems to dissolve better and eventually it all sinks to the bottom (talking powdered leaf here), very little should be all over the side. The method you want to try with the ball strainer might work, why don't you give it a try? Sounds like you might have to do a bit of experimentation which such "out of the box" ideas.

To answer your other question, 5g will have the same effect whether you use 1 or 5 cups of water. What I mean is that if 5g is your average single dose, your not gonna get any more than 1 dose out of that tea no matter how much water you add, there's only 5g in the tea. If you want to make 3 doses of 5g you must figure out how much water your gonna want in each cup.

The stronger the tea, the worse it tastes but the faster you can get it down. To make things simple say you want three doses at a cup for each dose. Add 15g of kratom to 3 cups of water using whatever method you choose to use and when done, split the doses into 3 equal parts and you will now have three 5g doses at about 1 cup of water per dose. Due to evaporation there may be less water than what you started with but you can either split them in three seperate cups by eye or re measure your final product and add water til it's back at three cups and split evenly Hope that clears things up.

Ok thanks,

I hadn't seen these so I'd sent you another PM so you cleared up most of my questions.

Seems like you think there's no problem whatsoever in using tea bags and even recommending squeezing them out of the Kratom at the end to get out the extra alkaloids.

By "agitating the tea bag" do you mean like just strirring or maybe like pressing down on it inside the tea kettle with a spoon or something while it's simmering??

But yeah it sounds like from what you are saying that I put the Kratom in too soon...in fact...I THINK I put it in right away with the water when it was cold....though I could be remembering wrong....so that could be one reason the tea was weak.

You seem to be saying not to add the Kratom until the water has already been simmering for a few mins and is quite hot, yet not boiling.

I also didn't realize that I should NEVER let the tea get to the boiling point, even for a second, so that could change things.

And you also seem to be saying that it doesn't matter how much water you use...just simply that I should use however many grams I want for however many doses...

Like...I like about 4 grams worth for an experience lasting 4 hours.....so if I wanted three doses I guess I'd just throw 12 grams in the water without however much water I want so long is it covers the Kratom...simmer for 15 mins without boiling and strains VERY finely.

Ok....sounds like either loose Kratom, tea bags or even MAYBE my ball strainer Idea could all work if done properly...I mean, it's all about just getting the right amount of heat and straining the Kratom enough so as not to have particles in the water and getting out all the alkaloids right??

Probably plenty of methods would work I'm guessing.

But one more question: Why is it SO important that there not be ANY small particles of Kratom powder in the tea when I finally drink it??

I can see not wanting to drink clumps, but you even said it's fine to eat the wet Kratom at the end as it would be free of H.Pylori so why does it matter if some is in the water??

Also, if I eat the left over wet Kratom goop, will it make me higher than if I only drink the tea??

I think tonight I will either try the tea bag method or the loose Kratom method to make some for tomorrow.

Thanks

The reason you wanna make sure you get as much of the powdered material out is so you don't irritate your gastritis. You can let some get through but you want to get as much out as possible. If your making tea and consuming powder your completely defeating the point of making a tea in the first place.

Your main issue isn't h.pylori, it's what the powder itself can do to your gastritis that's the main issue. Kratom powder is rough on the digestive system due to it's gritty texture. If you use a cheesecloth, teabag, or t shirt this shouldn't be a problem anyways, though an average strainer is pretty pointless as kratom is finely powdered and the holes of strainers tend to be way too big. Tea that has been properly strained also tastes considerably less bitter.

How potent the leftover kratom mush is dependant on how succesful your tea is. For example, if I make a 5g tea that is only .5g weaker than a TnW dose is, consuming that mush is only gonna be about .5g stronger than the tea. Your better off just adding an extra 1g-.5g to compensate instead of consuming the powder as well, again this is to reduce the irritation on your stomach and intestines.

By agitating the tea bag, I mean both stirring it around and pressing on it throughout the process. Your gonna wanna do this several times to make sure you get the most out of your tea.

Like I said, making tea is incredibly basic, once you find what works I think you'll find the same...just don't overboil it, kratom alkaloids can put up with alot of heat, but a roaring boil makes for a significantly weaker tea IME.

Step 1 - Mix powdered leaf with yoghurt

Step 2 - Consume

I've got a very weak stomach & this method works perfectly.

My method:

Put kratom dose in thermos, travel mug, or regular mug depending on where you are using it

Add small quantity of citric acid (available in bulk at Whole Foods (simpler than using lemons which I used to do)

Add hot water, either almost boiling water from electric kettle at home, or from coffee shop machines

Shake container or stir vigorously with spoon

Let cool and consume

Add hot water a second time and repeat agitation and consume

I don't know if this method is the most potent but it is the easiest on the go. I've been using this method for maybe 2 years.

So I have been taking capsules for like 2 years. Recently I bought 2 kilos of powder because its just way cheaper than spending hundreds a month on caps..anyways I have found that putting 8grams of white Thai & 5 Splenda or sweet-n-Low in a coffee cup and running 10oz of hotwater out of the kureig (without a k-kup in it)into the cup and then wait 6-8 min while stirring occasionally then drop a ice cube or two in and stir till dissolved add a splash of milk and chug !! it works wonders..!!