• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's your cardio exercise of choice?

What's your cardio exercise of choice?

• Total voters
I prefer swimming. I like the elliptical too. I don't do either as much as I should.

I have to add that muay thai is definitely my cardio exercise of choice to get me pumped up with yang, wherea swimming is great for yin, but having a good workout.

I have found the perfect balance <3

Prolonged (as in 20+ minute) sex.

But on the real, for a more practical and easily accessible form of cardio (or rather one that does not require the consent of another partner), I prefer swimming. Best of all worlds right there.

It's too bad the water is ass cold right now, even in Miami.

I Voted other...my favorite is the cross-trainer. I can go for over an hour and my joints/knees don't get sore like they do when I run.

Prolonged (as in 20+ minute) sex.

Pictures or it doesn't happen.

Do workout videos count as 'Group Fitness Classes?' B/c my cardio for the next couple of months will be subsumed by a workout tutorial video.

running
walking
other being sports skateboarding, tennis, football, cricket :)

Trail running > hiking for a cardio blast which is why I started doing it.

I no longer take group fitness classes as I was finding it stressful to make it to a class on time. Running I can do on MY time.

My mother in law does circuit training in the woods next to her house. This is an awesome idea. I have a half mile trail loop in my backyard will set up stations for variation in my exercise routine. I don't have to be concerned with someone stealing my equipment if I leave it.

Yoga can be a cardio work out in spurts. A class of power yoga nor bikram does not keep my heart rate elevated the entire time.

Interval running!

I do a full sprint for 45 seconds, then about a 60% exertion jog for 15 seconds, which makes one "rep." Usually do about 6 to 8 reps, but up to 12 to 15 if I'm really feeling it. Same effect as a conventional 45 minute cardio workout, with an added metabolic boost for up to 36 hours afterward. ;)

sprint training... much better for you than distance running, both for your knees as well as rapidly increasing your VO2 max( maximum volume of oxygen you can absorb while exercising)

I voted cycling, because it's a good means of transportation as well exercise.