• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What's worse for your sex life? Benzos or SSRIs?

AlexRedd is right - addressing the issues may be a good idea for a start. Trying to solve those, and how you approach them, may also be helpful and provide greater, more effective relief in the long term than any drug could ever do. Attributing your anxiety virtualyl entirely to external factors (things outside of yourself) will not help you solve your difficulties. Stress is how you react, not the thing itself, and if you look within, you may find ways to alleviate your anxiety naturally.

Yes, but for that I need psychotherapist, and here in Ex-Yugoslavia where average paycheck is 300e, it's hard to give 30e per hour once a week.

ugh SSRI's effectiveley killed my sex drive. my girlfriend would be like "lets go!" and i'd be more like "nah, i think im gonna go home and take a nap. i'll call you later". made getting off pretty damn hard too. there is NOTHING as dissapointing as having sex for like an hour or two and trying to get off, then finally saying "fuck it" and giving up. worse than whiskey dick by far.

normally, i have an extremely high libido, but on prozac, it all but eliminated my desire to have sex.

benzos, on the other hand, (according to my gf8) ) make me a 'god in bed.'

im not sure how true that is, but i know all benzos make me horny, and give me what seems like more control over my orgasms. i highly recommend low doses of benzos improve sex

naturally im a nympho, and my BF has a very low sex drive for his age, its like pulling teeth tryna get him to have sex with me. after being put on benzos, 20mg lexapro, 2000mg depakote, and 100 mg of seroquel, im still always ready to go, but now when he turns me down with his lame excuses like his back hurts blah blah blah im just like aight...whatver..but i must admit, having sex on benzos is amazing! and futher more i dont even care why he doesnt want it anymore...i guess its going to be one of those relationships when its only when he wants to....owell

SSRIs are much worse for your sex life IMO. On most SSRIs I can't perform. On benzos I can last forever and I think they even enhance the pleasure. I'm sure its different for a lot of people, but for me most benzos are an all around enhancement drug.

I don't know about anyone else, but personally when I first start taking an SSRI my sex drive is eliminated, but once I adjust and get used to the medication as well as the dosage amount, my sex drive comes back nearly full force.