• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What's worse for your liver acetaminophen or alcohol?

I'd say the same as the person above me. I hate APAP. If you don't get liver failure, it will be your hearing that gets fucked up from it.

Love your name retard. Haha

Its okay to drink I think one bottle of wine to a sick pack a day one study showed.

^ Sounds like a pretty fucked study if you ask me.

I would say acetaminophen but people who drink alcohol probably do it much more frequently than they take acetaminophen.

APAP, if used daily. alcohol wins, though, because you probably have a beer every day more than you pop two tylenols.

Both can get you in the middle of a addiction.

APAP is gonna be more dangerous, as it is commonly mixed with horrendously low amounts of opiate/opioid drugs, requiring massive heaps (if you don't CWE) of APAP just to get "enough" of the desired effects of your D.O.C.. This can kill you very softly (but very painfully) in a couple of days if you do it good enough. Those liver cells are gonna die ONE-BY-ONE, like a field of tulips sprayed with herbicide. eventually there is nothing left.

Alcohol is less dangerous to your liver simply because of the the lower amount (of actual alcohol) and the rate your body gets rid of it. As if it were apap, the more we consumed could double or triple, even quadruple the half life, because there is more shit clogging up the garbage disposal than it can shred.

At low doses tylenol doesn't produce the toxic metabolite (NAPQI),so it is safer while alcohol will just produce low levels of damage.

One the body's sulfation/glucuronidation pathways are saturated Tylenol becomes rather toxic and any increase in dose increases the toxicity. Alcohol linearly increases in toxicity as dose increases, so it is a simpler equation. Not sure the what the crossover point is because the toxicities are likely mechanistically different.

Yeah like @Skorpio wrote.

The antidote of choice is afaik N-acetylcysteine, one could take some together with APAP but as long as you stay within recommended dose you'll be safe. Just don't drink together with APAP. A friend told me this combo increases the potency of alcohol but it's really nothing worth to consider.