what's wit' the negative rave scene??!

geminix88

Bluelighter
Hallo to everyone, and before I begin, I post this disclaimer:
I am just venting my frustration towards all the people who bring the rave atmosphere down. I seriously doubt that any of you fall into this category,since this commune is so full of PLUR, but if you do, please understand that it is not my intention to create any hostility. I am only trying to understand why people do things the way they do them.
It has come to my attention that here in Dallas, our party scene has taken a significant turn for the worst. When I first started going to raves, I was overwhelmed by the positive vibe that was pulsing throughout the events. I mean, I walked in and *BAM* it just hit me in the face. Peeps coming up to you and giving you beg ol' bear hugs, seabreezes from strangers,"are you rollin'? Here, have a vapor mask." everybody didn't care who you were on the outside(job,etc.), they cared who you were on the inside, and you luved them for it!
But now, now it seems like people go there for the drugs, or everyone gets all "cliquish" and wont open up to new people. I was there on NYE and disgusted by the way people were acting. There were these two slimeballs totally goosing a girl who had popped one too many beans and couldn't ward them off.I way regret it now, but I didn't do anything about it. Luckily someone else did, and shortly thereafter, they were hauled off by the staff, but the situation should have never happened. I mean shit, at an erlier event, I was informed that two ravers were shot while standing in line to get in. That sort of thing should never EVER happen, especially at a rave!?!
I don't know if this sort of thing happens worldwide, and if is does, it shouldn't, and we all know that. So in the future, everybody, if you see anything that goes against the moral and ethical standards of a rave community, please do something about it. ~~P L U R~~ to you all. PLUR,PLUR,PLUR to you all!!!
------------------
~*~*~~Think of me as a reflection, like the moon on water. When you see me, and I try and be a good man...see yourself~~*~*~
Dahli Llama

thank you geminixi8 for venting so intelligently.. hopefully though plur with soon over shadow this negativityand everything with be *happy* again.
::kudos::

Ya man, we texan bluelighters should unite to pull the rave scene out of the hole it hes dug itself. I'll say that I have absolutelt NO problem what so ever about spredin the PLURness around! Thats one of my fave parts about ravin.love4ever

Hey gemini... Read my post... "The Perfect Party"... -Caleb-
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

Oh yeah I almost forgot... Im in NY now, but originally from Dallas. What happened??? I left for 3 years and I come back to an evil, dark Drum&Bass scene... Don't get me wrong. I like Drum&Bass, but Damn... When I walked into the party I felt dirty... If it weren't for my boy Boo(DJ Maxx) I prolly would have walked out of that place (Decibel I think...) I know there are still good parties there because I know that Boo wouldn't organize anything sketchy... I agree with you on morals... If you see something that is wrong and you don't do anything about it, you are just as bad as the people who are doing it... Well Im done bitching... Shoutouts to my boyz in vibe tribe... -Caleb-
------------------
"Oh God, do not remain quiet; Do not be silent and, Oh God do not be still. For, behold, Thine enemies make an uproar..." Psalm 83:1-2.

yeah i was there at the rave when the two guy got shot.... it was at decibel... was messed up it was christmas day... the people who shot them weren't even ravers i think there in some gang called kb.. thats korean boyz .... well went riglea theatre prretttty fun... later

First off, everyone smile. It seams as though our scene is lacking a lot of that lately. And the worst part about it is that i don't know what to do. I love the rave scene for its PLURNESS! Not because it has the best drugs, or becuase its something im not supposed to be doing, or just for the music, or just for this or just for that, its because i love the people! Well, where did all of those people go? Did you all go buy your own island and said "screw off" to all of those mean people out there? If so let me know where your island is and im there. But if not, then something else is going on and i have no idea what it is. I've been raving for awhile now and that doesnt make me anymore special than the person who has been raving for one day. We need to practice what we preach ya'll! PLUR!!! Peace Love Unity Respect! Respect is the key here. I have seen hate going on even between people really devoted to the scene. Here are some examples:
- "your one of those gay kandekids arent you?"
-"how can you enjoy that shitty music"
-"oh my God, can you believe what she is wearing"
-"shes a normal person, why is she here"
The only thing i have to say about that is WHY DO YOU CARE? No one ever cared about anything and all of a sudden its like a contest or a show out there. The last party i went was like a really bad soap opera.
I dunno what to do people, im just worried!
Sorry bout the rambling thing im kinda tired. And once again, if i come across mean, im sorry. Im not trying to be mean i just want my point to get across to the right people!
PLURR
Peace Love Unity Respect Responsibility!!!

Well, I've been going to Dance parties for going on 8 years now, and i've seen my fair share of ups and downs. But you'll still see me rockin out at the parties. That's because i've come to realize that the whole PLURness is arbitrary. Your Peace, Love and Unity are more than likely COMPLETELY different from the kid dancing next to you. The important thing is that you RESPECT this. People are people, and no two are ever the same. If we can come to understand that everybody is different then maybe we won't get so hung up on what dilineates us from the rest -this is how fear,envy and anger are bred.
Granted, some people are just so insecure with themselves that they can't escape these feelings, but usually it's because they just haven't taken the time to think and try to understand anybody else.
Teach the children my friends. If they can grow unafraid to learn, maybe they'll finally figure out what we haven't.

i hear ya gemini, it's gettin to be like that in detroit as well. too many hoodlums.

I think alot of the big city clubs like D2000 in dallas, have the same problem. A bad non E element, they either don't know or don't care. Allways be with friends... It is sad but true. I got slandered my first time at D2000, some guy with a coulpe of friends walk past me and call me a fagot. Well thank the E that Be, i was not rollin yet cause that would have messed everything up. And of course some parties are better than others. Keep the PLUR, and party safe.
Poor girl, wish I had been there, to put a stop to it.
Rolex, lost to the whims of the wind...
smile.gif

Well all I have to say is... at least you don't have the BTS in your town (N.Y.C. and surounding areas). That is the BROOKLYN TERROR SQUAD. They are an organized group of thugs who prey on party kids. Selling fake shit, stealing clothes, (my car was stolen one...long story.), and just spreading shitty vibes. Nothing can be done as far as I am concerned, they're too damn organized. Oh well, my view is that the party scene is what we make of it. Take the time to introduce yourself and spread the love, even if everyone else is being mad clicky. And if you don't like the music, get a bunch of your buddies, pool some money and throw a party. I garuntee its easier than it looks. Me and my friends have been doing it for like 5 months now. Its a lot of work, but damn is it fun.
peace....EZ.