• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin what's the safest way to do heroin?

^
That is true, but they usualy do only stop cause of that or they just muscle it.i have also seen people that cant hit themselves smoke because they dont have anybody around to do it for them.

Do they just not know how to do it or can't because their hands are shaking too violently from WD's? I can't picture someone not knowing how to smoke from foil unless they didn't get the non-stick kind or the foil was really crinkled up or something.

Back to OP as everyone said. Heroin is your buddies new best friend. Once you start you really have to stop after 1-5 uses and maybe then it's too late. SWIM's wife did it with SWIM a couple of times (probably around 6 in total, spaced out time-wise) and completely quit, no WD's no nothing. SWIM wasn't so lucky and is now on sub/still using when the sub runs out. ;(

Last edited:
Ok everyone might call me crazy but i think IVing if done properly and taking all the safety measures is the safest way in the long run to do heroin. Heres my reasons why people.

Heroin gets you high when it enters your bloodstream and gets to your receptors in your head. Smoking, Iving, Iming,snorting, plugging, and ingesting will all get it in your bloodstream and to the receptors. So why not just put it right in your bloodstream from the start and avoid fucking up your nasal tissue, your lungs, asshole etc.

I know what your thinking "but it fucks up your arms and veins when you shoot up and thats bad" this is true but not if done properly. The reason peoples veins and arms get fucked up is because they use dirty ass needles and shoot in the same exact spot every time. Ive been Iving heroin and subutex for 5 years since i was 18. I dont have great veins but when i tie off i have plenty of options of where to hit still and dont choose the same one every time which will fuck it up.

The one bad thing in the short term about Iving is the risk of overdose. Which is why you research what your doing a lil bit before you do it. ask someone how good the bags are. if you dont know just do a tiny bit and find out. A lot of times u can just look and smell it and tell.

Im not sure if your asking the safest way to do heroin one time but since nobody just uses one time and its always a continual thing i truly believe IVing when done with caution is the safest in the long run.

Ok everyone might call me crazy but i think IVing if done properly and taking all the safety measures is the safest way in the long run to do heroin. Heres my reasons why people.

Heroin gets you high when it enters your bloodstream and gets to your receptors in your head. Smoking, Iving, Iming,snorting, plugging, and ingesting will all get it in your bloodstream and to the receptors. So why not just put it right in your bloodstream from the start and avoid fucking up your nasal tissue, your lungs, asshole etc.

I know what your thinking "but it fucks up your arms and veins when you shoot up and thats bad" this is true but not if done properly. The reason peoples veins and arms get fucked up is because they use dirty ass needles and shoot in the same exact spot every time. Ive been Iving heroin and subutex for 5 years since i was 18. I dont have great veins but when i tie off i have plenty of options of where to hit still and dont choose the same one every time which will fuck it up.

The one bad thing in the short term about Iving is the risk of overdose. Which is why you research what your doing a lil bit before you do it. ask someone how good the bags are. if you dont know just do a tiny bit and find out. A lot of times u can just look and smell it and tell.

Im not sure if your asking the safest way to do heroin one time but since nobody just uses one time and its always a continual thing i truly believe IVing when done with caution is the safest in the long run.

I'd have to very strongly disagree with you. IV'ing is the easiest way to overdose since there isn't any "going back" once it's in. Same with snorting, but snorting you can go 1 line at a time small then bigger. In order to increase dosage from small to larger doses one would have to IV multiple times creating damage to the veins and thus ending in it being not as safe of a ROA as smoking. Again this is only from SWIM's personal experience and SWIM has tried all routes of administration.

I'd have to very strongly disagree with you. IV'ing is the easiest way to overdose since there isn't any "going back" once it's in. Same with snorting, but snorting you can go 1 line at a time small then bigger. In order to increase dosage from small to larger doses one would have to IV multiple times creating damage to the veins and thus ending in it being not as safe of a ROA as smoking. Again this is only from SWIM's personal experience and SWIM has tried all routes of administration.

If we are talking about one usage or just a few yeah IVing isnt the safest cause of the risk of ODing. But If you are a heroin addict and use daily then the most efficient and cheapest way is for sure an IV.

Same with the long term health reasons. You dont wanna be one of those people that can stick their finger up their nose into their eyeball cause of snorting too much shit. Who knows what that shit does to your lungs too. Like i said it all goes into the bloodstream why not just go ahead and put it there? Just dont be careless while doing it and take all the right precautions and you wil be alright.

When you go to the hospital and get medicated whats the way they always give it to you? IV!

If we are talking about one usage or just a few yeah IVing isnt the safest cause of the risk of ODing. But If you are a heroin addict and use daily then the most efficient and cheapest way is for sure an IV.

Same with the long term health reasons. You dont wanna be one of those people that can stick their finger up their nose into their eyeball cause of snorting too much shit. Who knows what that shit does to your lungs too. Like i said it all goes into the bloodstream why not just go ahead and put it there? Just dont be careless while doing it and take all the right precautions and you wil be alright.

When you go to the hospital and get medicated whats the way they always give it to you? IV!

They are medical professionals. We don't know if this person has been using for 5 years or 5 days. You have to assume the worst and by that assumption I'd say smoking is the way to go.

I won't call you crazy, but I will call you misinformed and reckless considering that you are advocating IV use as the "safest" of all routes of administration.
Your argument that "it all ends up in your bloodstream anyway so why not just shoot it in directly", is beyond illogical.
When you eat a hamburger, the nutrients just end up in your bloodstream, so why not just liquify a hamburger and inject it, right?

Aside from the VERY real and obvious danger that OD'ing presents, there are also all the risks which result from injecting something directly into your bloodstream (infection, abscess, trashed veins, circulatory problems, chance of amputation..do I need to go on). Obviously you can take measures to minimize these risks (proper filtering, clean needles, etc.), but in the end you are shooting a street drug which has been god knows where and contains god knows what.

Any minor lung or nasal irritation which might result from smoking or snorting PALE in comparison to the dangers I listed above.

Somebody famously said, "You are not entitled to an opinion, you are entitled to an informed opinion".

Putting forth IV use as your choice for safest route of administration is not an informed opinion, and what's worse is that it completely goes against the harm reduction nature of this site. -DG

Dissolve in alcohol to make a tincture.

Still not the safest way to use heroin (and extremely inefficient to take it orally).

It's pretty simple-the problem with all routes of administration aside from smoking (IV, IM, snorting, plugging, oral), is that one single dose (be it a line, a shot, a plugged solution), can cause an OD if you make the dose too high.

As has been said many times, conventional wisdom is that when you smoke heroin, you will not be able to smoke enough in one inhale to cause a fatal OD, and that before you get into OD territory, you will pass out and thus will be unable to smoke any more until you wake up.

People who insist that snorting (for example) is the safest method, must realize that its entirely possible to make a SINGLE line that is too large which can cause an OD. Once you snort that line, it's too late. With smoking, it would be nearly impossible to get that much heroin into your system in one inhalation.-DG

Don't forget you are talking to somebody that doesn't use and probably never will, are you sure thats the advice you want to be giving them? I don't mean to come off judgemental, but if I told someone how safe it was to shoot up and then they od'd shortly after, I would feel responsible, and thats not what you want