• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

what's the best drug for a stable mood lifting against dysthymia?

hokuto

Greenlighter
I've been suffering of dysthymia for all my post-pubescent life and normal anti-depressants are only slightly effective in my case.
if we can measure mood on a scale from 1 to 5 where 3 is average and 2 is chronic depression/dysthymia, I'm normally 2 if I don't take anything and 2.5 if I take SSRI or SNRI like paroxetine or efexxor.
so I was looking for something that works more on the dopaminergic system rather than on serotonine like nootropics because that's apparently what's best for dysthymia. my question is: what is the best drug for mood lifting that gives you at least a normal/good and stable mood throughout the day without too much high and crashes? I was looking at all the alternatives on the market: ritalin, adderall, wellbutrin, modafinil, dexedrine, PEA/selegiline or anything else I don't know of.

I think trying Wellbutrin is a good first option. Id suggest Wellbutrin XL over Wellbutrin SR or IR if looking for all day coverage in a single dose, but some find the peaks in blood levels from IR, despite having to dose multiple times, a benefit at least in the beginning of therapy. Give it a few weeks to fully work and if tolerating, try maxing out the dose (450mg for XL if lower isnt cutting it). Of the others, Dexedrine or Adderall in there XR forms may do the trick but you have all the issues that go along with amphetamines too.

Dexedrine, as long as you're prepared to deal with rebound Dysthymia. What your asking for is a drug to make things more fun or arouse or give meaning to you. Your gonna have a hard time finding one that makes genuine authentic feel goodness about life increase. I have dysthymia, adhd, and OCD diagnosed.

Ive always functioned on low mood, or a gloom and (not doom) mindset. All of this tends to be a low amount of rewarding qualities to life in general, its not necessarily a depression. Your gonna have to have a hope or dream that means something to you, or generally try your best to enjoy certain feelings (Drugs/Activities) to keep you on a day by day basis content.

From what people say, wellbutrin is a very good alternative for the crowd that thinks powerful drugs will suck them to the devil.

Last edited: