• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

Watched the first three episodes of Better Call Saul, I don't rate it at the moment. The story seems very disjointed.

I've watched the first 2 & really enjoyed it so far. It may seem a bit disjointed but it is clearly going somewhere, I just don't know where yet. I'm assuming somewhere good! =D

Pretty shit first few of Saul, but i can see it getting better as he gets involved with the mexicans

Agreed.. found the first episode pretty dull. the 2nd and 3rd were better but not very memorable, usually if somethings wicked it sticks in my mind, those 2 episodes havent

Shakespeare's Mother: The Secret Life of Tudor Woman

Blah blah William blah blah Shakespeare blah blah history blah blah Michael blah blah poshboy blah blah smugface blah blah Woods... yet not blah blah at all. Genuinely fascinating documentary that has precious little to do with The Bard so much as with massive historical upheavals from a very relatable viewpoint. Well worth a watch.

watching al Murray the only way is epic, not a comedian I'd normally watch but I'm pissing myself laughing tonight. maybe its the alcohol :)

Hilarious reaction brewing re the last nights episode of the walking dead.

Controversy everywhere, two grown men kissed, and are GAY. The hysteria coming from social media about it is down right embarrasing, "I aint lettin my kids watch no faggot lovin show no more, dont want this crap in my face". They do indeed have quite strange concepts in the US, for instance nudity, extreme horrific skull crushing blood and guts, ripping open bodys which would make most films an 18, thats OK, grown men kissing? Thats a big no.

Much like recently when FOX news uploaded the full length beheading video from ISIS for all to view, and the live burning to death of a man. On the same page though, a column about a beach, all boobies and butts were heavily censored. Ahh America.

i don't particularly wanna watch 2 men kissing either and not because i hate gays or homophobic (surely being phobic of something means you have to be scared which i ain't lol) but its just not comfortable viewing. its like watching embarrassing bodies when your having ya tea haha.

yes i'm a cunt ;)

Been watching 'The Flash', seems pretty decent. gets better n better

i don't particularly wanna watch 2 men kissing either and not because i hate gays or homophobic (surely being phobic of something means you have to be scared which i ain't lol) but its just not comfortable viewing. its like watching embarrassing bodies when your having ya tea haha.

I don't have any overwhelming desire to see two men kissing either but, then again, I can't say I'd really want to see you kissing your girlfriend either but wouldn't feel so strongly about it I'd switch the telly off if that happened to crop up on a TV show I enjoyed either.

I don't have any overwhelming desire to see two men kissing either but, then again, I can't say I'd really want to see you kissing your girlfriend either but wouldn't feel so strongly about it I'd switch the telly off if that happened to crop up on a TV show I enjoyed either.

no I wouldn't stop watching my favourite show because of it and the yanks are way ott with it but its just something I don't like seeing. but everyone's different :)

Personal preferences are really not a problem, I'd say, but the torrent of "moral" outrage (and I used that term as loosely as those who use it as frequently as Fox "News" (that term used at least as loosely) and the like do) whenever gay couples (gay male couples - always specifically male) kiss on camera. As has been pointed out above, why are they allowing their kids to watch extremely violent, graphic gore-soeaked shows intended for an adult audience in the first place?

Taking about Looking like said above. I'm shocked to be honest it made it thorough what ever it is they put shows through to get to air. I didn't know what it was totally about. I thought it was just another hipster sort of wannabe "Girls" which I fucking hate. Fuck.. Had I a shock when it got going.

Currently working through s3 of House of Cards. Not dissapointed so far, I really like how they've woven the pussy riot affair through the plot

Hostages currently being shown on BBC4 (and all earlier epiosdes are available on i-player) is pretty good, much better than average. An Israeli (i think) Surgeon is coerced into fatally botching an operation on the president, her family are being held up at gun point at her home until the deed is done or something else happens.

Fortitude (set in Svalbard) is excellent. Think its on Sky Atlantic, we're downloading. 12 episode psychological thriller, British made it's set in the fictional Arctic settlement of Fortitude - it's pretty weird, the landscape is amazing and full of thrilling wilderness and danger. Great characters too.

Bump!

Is anyone else watching Fortitude?

It is insanely high quality. We are now on episode 8 of 12.

If you thought Utopia was dark and twisted, well... this is even more so. If you liked that, and Black Mirror, and other similarly weird shit, you should definitely watch this. Seriously. :)

I stumbled upon TruTv channel on freeview the other day - pretty much quest/dave/bloke/idiot channel in content. In particular i spotted Conspiracy Theory with Jessie Ventura so i thought that'll be a laugh as i hadn't ever actually sat through anything he'd 'made'. It was on 911. I couldn't believe it - it was pretty much like TOWIE but with conspiracies. He had a room full of 'investigators' who would discuss aspects of the theory back and forth deciding what to look into - it so wasn't a bunch of actors pretending to be 'investigators' reading a script (!) (one of them was even June fucking Sarpong off of channel 4! (she'd be alright if the conspiracy involved husky-voiced wonky-eyed pop inanity)).

They vaguely covered some of the usual 911 anomalies (wtc7 etc), and ended up with jessie ventura supposedly finding the secret building where they're hiding some secret rubble - him pointing through a window at some vague metal stuff, looking angry and strutting about a bit. He was approaching the conspiracies with the same sort of macho, shouty-hero method as alex jones (you know that really effective type of revolutionary that gets a show on the telly, and sells freedom for $14.99 a month)

I remember thinking this was possibly really clever: in the same program, portray conspiracy theories with enough detail for the target demographic to think 'this is the real shit - if only the sheeple knew!' (hidden in plain sight on freeview channel 68 ); the very same program watched by anyone who can spot that towie isn't real could totally discredit the whole field of conspiracies by association with the flaky, incidental-music-drenched, moron-logic displayed in the program. Wheels within wheels! (this should have gone in the conspiracy thread i suppose)

remember for those of us who aint watch it breaking bad Wednesday 9 pm on spike

something else ive not see i really need to get sky instead of feeding a stupid drug habit