• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's a heroin high really like?

If it puts you into a light sleep ? like theta ? not sure what the stages are called - but in a light sleep you can get out of body easily. You can construct dreams and so on. This doesnt happen for you ?
Never has so far. It's also not something I would actively seek.

dilaudid, opana, iv morphine, heroin have a heavy, wet high. oxycodone and hydrocodone are more of a buzzing high. oral morphine and codeine are a dull high. fent is an empty high.

whats about cocaine ? whats sex like on cocaine ? also crack ?
The place to ask about that is on the stimulant drugs thread.
Also, since you seem to be noticeably keen to know about 'what sex is like' on all sorts of substances, why not just get it out of your system and try it out one by one.

As for meth, yea it just seems completely filthy, like the ultimate aphrodisiac, sell your soul for the most base form of carnal pleasure. If i ever did take it (which i never will) it would be just to have insane gutter sex, and do the absolute worst things imaginable. Alas im trying to elevate myself these days so i cant be going down that road.
It ain't just meth that does that to you. Speed (amphetamine sulphate) and its clean brother Addy does the same albeit on a less intense level.

Do you hallucinate on heroin ? Or dream ?
If you dose high enough you get into a state that is generally called "nodding". It's a liminal state of half sleep marked by hypnagogic hallucinations. The only problem is: if you're in nodding territory, you're already standing with one foot in the grave. It's your body trying to tell you that if you take a pinch more you get knocked out and never wake up again. A lot of opioid users think nodding is just being really high when your brain is actually very close to shut down its CNS.

As for the sensuality, yea it sounds kind of like MDMA in that way except passive instead of active - and with less of the emotional waterfall/firework display.
No you can't compare it. The wellbeing you get on opioids feels completely natural, whereas all amp derivatives and modifications of it feel forced, artificial and in my opinion stressful.

whats about cocaine ? whats sex like on cocaine ? also crack ?
Please don't take this personal but you sound like a very naive person who shouldn't be doing any drugs judging by the way you ask questions.
The coke high cannot be compared to the amp high at all. If you wanna know how good cocaine is supposed to make you feel, read this: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/does-cocaine-really-get-you-high.740419/page-2#post-15610834

And again: don't do any of these drugs. You don't sound like an even remotely responsible/mature person to do any of those. If you feel the need to get high af then stick to weed. Order some amnesia haze, take a bong hit and you'll be higher than from any of the aforementioned drugs. Or drop some acid. Popping some mdma is ok too, as the abuse potential is pretty self-regulating. The problem with hard drugs like opioids and coke is that they have a diminishing rate of return and you'll just end up with an expensive addiction that turns you into a soulless wreck. Cocaine and crack are especially bad in my opinion, unless you like the idea of potential financial ruin, a mountain of debt and waking up on 3am and search the ground for cocaine/crack leftovers that you could snort/smoke. Even if you could afford being addicted to either opioids or cocaine, the long-term use of these drugs increases your stress vulnerability, decreases your psychological resilience and affects your personality in negative ways. Those are all things that newbies can't see or don't want to see.

Also, since you seem to be noticeably keen to know about 'what sex is like' on all sorts of substances, why not just get it out of your system and try it out one by one.
That's a very irresponsible advice. This guy sounds like he has impulse control issues, is a sex addict (dopamine addiction), and already sounds like he's fiending before he even tried out any of those drugs. You can't just recommend such a person to go out and try all of them like its candy. I know we aren't here to act like moralizers, but it's part of harm-reduction to prevent people from making a mistake that has very far reaching, incalculable consequences.

Last edited:
That's a very irresponsible advice. This guy sounds like he has impulse control issues, is a sex addict (dopamine addiction), and already sounds like he's fiending before he even tried out any of those drugs. You can't just recommend such a person to go out and try all of them like its candy. I know we aren't here to act like moralizers, but it's part of harm-reduction to prevent people from making a mistake that has very far reaching, incalculable consequences.
I was kinda being sarcastic there.

It ain't just meth that does that to you. Speed (amphetamine sulphate) and its clean brother Addy does the same albeit on a less intense level.

If you dose high enough you get into a state that is generally called "nodding". It's a liminal state of half sleep marked by hypnagogic hallucinations. The only problem is: if you're in nodding territory, you're already standing with one foot in the grave. It's your body trying to tell you that if you take a pinch more you get knocked out and never wake up again. A lot of opioid users think nodding is just being really high when your brain is actually very close to shut down its CNS.

No you can't compare it. The wellbeing you get on opioids feels completely natural, whereas all amp derivatives and modifications of it feel forced, artificial and in my opinion stressful.

Please don't take this personal but you sound like a very naive person who shouldn't be doing any drugs judging by the way you ask questions.
The coke high cannot be compared to the amp high at all. If you wanna know how good cocaine is supposed to make you feel, read this: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/does-cocaine-really-get-you-high.740419/page-2#post-15610834

And again: don't do any of these drugs. You don't sound like an even remotely responsible/mature person to do any of those. If you feel the need to get high af then stick to weed. Order some amnesia haze, take a bong hit and you'll be higher than from any of the aforementioned drugs. Or drop some acid. Popping some mdma is ok too, as the abuse potential is pretty self-regulating. The problem with hard drugs like opioids and coke is that they have a diminishing rate of return and you'll just end up with an expensive addiction that turns you into a soulless wreck. Cocaine and crack are especially bad in my opinion, unless you like the idea of potential financial ruin, a mountain of debt and waking up on 3am and search the ground for cocaine/crack leftovers that you could snort/smoke. Even if you could afford being addicted to either opioids or cocaine, the long-term use of these drugs increases your stress vulnerability, decreases your psychological resilience and affects your personality in negative ways. Those are all things that newbies can't see or don't want to see.

Lets back up here a second. The guy above gave some bad advice sure, like telling anyone to go and try these paticular substances is a bad idea obviously. I am not however a ''sex addict'' lol, my libido is pretty normal and how am i fiending ? Im clean off drugs like nine years, minus an anti depressant that i was put on (which i am now trying to get off). I dont drink or smoke. The reason i came back to BL was to seek advice re mitigating velefelaxin discontinuation symptoms. However now that im here i do see allot of posts about people enjoying their various trips, and i do feel a tad left out. I havnt been out in ages or altered my perception in the slightest. I dont like marijuana as it does nothing for me. So you seem to misunderstand entirely, im clean, too clean. Last night i wanted to get some kind of mild buzz going so did 200mg of modafinil that i had lying around, practically nothing happened - i should have just done some cleaning. I considered taking ibuferin but didnt bother. So thats it, my boring life, painfully boring (altho i will be moving and starting a project when i have the resources). Nor am i exactly a drug noob smartypants, i took vast (dare i say Olympian) quantities of MDMA (and all manner of research chemicals and psychedelics) back in my day, and yes, that turned into a bit of a problem. However i overcame my period of habitual use, it got to the stage where i could take it or leave it, like i would have some MD and then nothing for five or six months. My rule through all of it was simple, just never take any drugs on my blacklist ie Heroin, Cocaine, Meth. Other than that tho i took all the drugs BZP, 2CB, MDA, LSD and so on, none of them really worth a second try tho.

So here i am, drug free (discounting the occasional beer, a rarity as i dont like alcohol) - but bored out of my head. I also live in a rural area which contributes to the bordem. Just because i indulge in some curiosity doesnt mean im feinding for (or intending on consuming crack cocaine or heroin for fuck sake), To be honest its quite pretentious to make such aspersions. Also, sex addict ? where did you get this from ? If anything i lack interest in sex. Just because im reminiscing over a missed opportunity to deepen an emotional/spiritual connection, expressed in partly physical form, does not mean im feinding for sex. You confuse love with lust, possibly as a result of your own drug use or lifestyle. I do wonder how much of your writing is projection. Do you still use these drugs ? Do you have a problem getting off them ? I stopped when i made a clear decision to stop, have you made this decision yet ? I do not mean to be judgmental, only to say that you should perhaps more closely examine your own thought processes before casting aspersions on others. Whatever the case may be, i hope you overcome your issues, sincerely. I hope you preserve and find peace within yourself and with God. It is boring at times but the deep sense of inner peace that accompanies faith is worth more than any form of base carnality. I now live in the country, but plan on moving further into the wilderness. I hope we can all find our way home eventually. Digital technology is the final addiction i plan on dealing with (and i think everyone should as despite its utility it is unhealthy).

Last edited:
Lets back up here a second. The guy above gave some bad advice sure, like telling anyone to go and try these paticular substances is a bad idea obviously. I am not however a ''sex addict'' lol, my libido is pretty normal and how am i fiending ? Im clean off drugs like nine years, minus an anti depressant that i was put on (which i am now trying to get off). I dont drink or smoke. The reason i came back to BL was to seek advice re mitigating velefelaxin discontinuation symptoms. However now that im here i do see allot of posts about people enjoying their various trips, and i do feel a tad left out. I havnt been out in ages or altered my perception in the slightest. I dont like marijuana as it does nothing for me. So you seem to misunderstand entirely, im clean, too clean. Last night i wanted to get some kind of mild buzz going so did 200mg of modafinil that i had lying around, practically nothing happened - i should have just done some cleaning. I considered taking ibuferin but didnt bother. So thats it, my boring life, painfully boring (altho i will be moving and starting a project when i have the resources). Nor am i exactly a drug noob smartypants, i took vast (dare i say Olympian) quantities of MDMA (and all manner of research chemicals and psychedelics) back in my day, and yes, that turned into a bit of a problem. However i overcame my period of habitual use, it got to the stage where i could take it or leave it, like i would have some MD and then nothing for five or six months. My rule through all of it was simple, just never take any drugs on my blacklist ie Heroin, Cocaine, Meth. Other than that tho i took all the drugs BZP, 2CB, MDA, LSD and so on, none of them really worth a second try tho.

So here i am, drug free (discounting the occasional beer, a rarity as i dont like alcohol) - but bored out of my head. I also live in a rural area which contributes to the bordem. Just because i indulge in some curiosity doesnt mean im feinding for (or intending on consuming crack cocaine or heroin for fuck sake), To be honest its quite pretentious to make such aspersions. Also, sex addict ? where did you get this from ? If anything i lack interest in sex. Just because im reminiscing over a missed opportunity to deepen an emotional/spiritual connection, expressed in partly physical form, does not mean im feinding for sex. You confuse love with lust, possibly as a result of your own drug use or lifestyle. I do wonder how much of your writing is projection. Do you still use these drugs ? Do you have a problem getting off them ? I stopped when i made a clear decision to stop, have you made this decision yet ? I do not mean to be judgmental, only to say that you should perhaps more closely examine your own thought processes before casting aspersions on others. Whatever the case may be, i hope you overcome your issues, sincerely. I hope you preserve and find peace within yourself and with God. It is boring at times but the deep sense of inner peace that accompanies faith is worth more than any form of base carnality. I now live in the country, but plan on moving further into the wilderness. I hope we can all find our way home eventually. Digital technology is the final addiction i plan on dealing with (and i think everyone should as despite its utility it is unhealthy).
I think you're reading a bit too much into my post and take what I said in an unnecessarily personal way. I only know you by the short conversation we had and since it was revolving around one drug after another and their effects on the sex drive, I thought that you might be addicted to sex. Sorry if you can't handle it, but you just came across as incredibly naive. I cannot afford to read through ones whole profile postings and construct a psychological profile. I judge based on the conversation we had. That's it. If I was wrong in my assumption then I apologize, but you can't deny that you came across as someone being preoccupied with "sex 'n drugs" based on the posts here.

Concerning the fiending: you took what I said too literally. When I said "already sounds like he's fiending before he even tried out any of those drugs", what I meant was that your mind seemed to be already obssessed with those drugs even though you haven't experienced them and how THAT is not a good sign to begin with.

With all that being said, you could have spared yourself writing this wall of text just by learning to read a bit between the lines and not take things so personal.

I think you're reading a bit too much into my post and take what I said in an unnecessarily personal way. I only know you by the short conversation we had and since it was revolving around one drug after another and their effects on the sex drive, I thought that you might be addicted to sex. Sorry if you can't handle it, but you just came across as incredibly naive. I cannot afford to read through ones whole profile postings and construct a psychological profile. I judge based on the conversation we had. That's it. If I was wrong in my assumption then I apologize, but you can't deny that you came across as someone being preoccupied with "sex 'n drugs" based on the posts here.

Concerning the fiending: you took what I said too literally. When I said "already sounds like he's fiending before he even tried out any of those drugs", what I meant was that your mind seemed to be already obssessed with those drugs even though you haven't experienced them and how THAT is not a good sign to begin with.

With all that being said, you could have spared yourself writing this wall of text just by learning to read a bit between the lines and not take things so personal.

Yea i just thought this thread called ''whats a heroin high really like'' would be the place to ask those questions, silly me. As for my posts being evidence of a preoccupation with drugs, you could say the same thing about everyone on a drugs forum but i digress. I have always had an interest in biology, pharmacology and the human experience. I also study religion, philosophy, anthropology, history, horticulture and so on. If you where to read my posts/questions on any of the above you might infer that i have a preoccupation with those topics, but alas we are here.

All pretense aside, extremes of experience fascinate me (which i find natural). I have seen the darkest consequences so will never try it, but still the feeling must be wonderful. When i see a heroin addict on the street in a dazed condition, i am sad, but part of me is glad that he/she is insulated from the misplaced judgment of the world, if only for a moment. I realize what they do is wrong for the damage it causes (altho so much of that could be mitigated through legal reform) but part of me feels good for anyone to have such reprieve. Euphoria is beautiful, learning to control it seems to be the issue.

Do you hallucinate on heroin ? Or dream ? If so can you control the dreams ? Do you find that you can construct dreams well ? As for the sensuality, yea it sounds kind of like MDMA in that way except passive instead of active - and with less of the emotional waterfall/firework display.

What? No. Opiates aren't hallucinogenic. As for the proverbial 'pipe dreams' which some users/authors claimed back in the day, I've smoked a lot of opium and never had such effects from it.
Well, than my H experiences are kinda weird, in a way I could say I hallucinate from H all the time, only its not really hallucinating but more like dreaming while nodding, and due to nodding and drifting in and out of conscious I only notice small bits and pieces of these dreams...

I have a regular supply of free oxynorm instant 20mg for sublingual use, and 40mg makes me nod severely as well, but no dreams or hallucinations, oxy.can give me powerful euphoria as well...