• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What'd you do to get off your butt today? v. "That's not real exercise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That's awesome to hear, man. Realistic goals. :)

Four or five miles walking with the dog (though I almost had to drag her the last two miles--Didn't really factor in her swimming exertion when I planned the route) and about eight miles biking.

Walked up and down six flights of stairs twice. Didn't do a walk today as my dog is limping. :-/ Going to go for a bike ride soon, will probably be about 8 miles, maybe more.

ran through the forest, over the stream, up to JHU stadium, did both sets of stairs x2, then got the urge to run barefoot, so I did a mile w/ no shoes on the track. I guess my feet have been pampered lately, because my feet were dying by the end of my run.

4 sets of push ups x 20
3 sets of pull ups x 10 - neutral grip
rest : 1 min

also: 4 sets of PT for my knee. Doc thought things looked optimistic today; should be running again within a week or two if all goes well.

Bike's out of commission for the time being.

Decided to ride my scooter to work today. About 3.5 miles on a scooter and walked a mile or so at work. Hell yeah, the 90's brought about some awesome ass stuff.

Warm up/stretch

1. Alternating shoulder press
2. In n out curls
3. Two arm tricep kickback
Repeat 1,2,3
4. Deep swimmers press
5. Concentration curl
6. Chair dip
Repeat 4,5,6
Ballistic stretch
7. Upright row
8. Static arm curl
9. Flip grip tricep kickback
Repeat 7,8,9
10. Seated two angle shoulder fly
11. Crouching cohen curl
12. Lying tricep extension
Repeat 10,11,12
Ballistic stretch
13. In n out shoulder fly
14. Congdon curl
15. Side tri rise
Repeat 13,14,15
Cool down and stretch

Abs
1. In n out
2. Seated bicycle
3. Crunchy frog
4. Wide leg sit up
5. Fifer scissor
6. Hip rock n raise
7. Pulse up
8. V-up/roll up
9. Oblique v-up
10. Leg climb
11. Kayak twist
Stretch

^right on, jblaze.

The sun comes earlier where you are.

:)

Yesterday: 30 mins weights and 5km run

Today: 5 minutes on the cross-trainer and thought "Fuck it" and went home

Epic fail :D

5x5 squat
5x5 bench press
5x5 overhead press
3 sets of pull ups..

I'm transitioning from my old program to 5x5 stronglifts...

ran, but felt like shit, and I continue to feel like shit. not sick, but bloated, slightly depressed, and bored as fuck.

time to get the fell outta' Baltimore

Went inline skating yesterday. :D First time in about a decade--Didn't do too bad! It's raining today, so I don't know what I'll be doing outside if anything.

^ Lol, power cleans. Gotta go all the way, man! Lift it up and over your head! :)

Oops....that's what I meant! I just googled Power Cleans and it's only a half-assed effort! This whole time I've been saying I've been on the Power cleans but really it's been the full works.....What is that called then?

I really like Stronglifts... but I'm a noob-lifter.

Starting Strength is good for noobs. Though personally, I've always created my own regimes (and would advise the same - tweak the SS basics and make your own...:))

Status
Not open for further replies.