Dont look into my mind,
You'll only get burned.
My minds an enigma,
Respect you have to earn.
Think you can beat me?
Try your luck again.
You only saw half,
Never reached the end.
This poem is to everyone who thinks they have figured me out.
Evan

I'm seeing a theme in your writings. Why is it so important for you to push people away and isolate yourself? Does this really work for you? Not everyone is out to hurt you...it's not all about you. It's ok to feel, it's ok to care and be cared about. Let go...

Evan so bad, he eat tha peanuts out of a dead man's shit, and ask for seconds. ;)
I really liked this peice by the way. BUT, aren't we all enigma's in our own ways? You never truly know every dirty little secret about a person... I quite enjoy baffling people at every turn when they think they know me. Damn I hate it when some people so smugly think they have you figured out...

Evan -
Great writing. I too hate it when people think they know everything about you and try to help or think they can 'fix' you b/c they think they know what's going on.
Sometimes, though, you have to let people in. You have to let them know a thing or two about who you are. If you push everyone away and find yourself lonely then you have no one to blame but yourself - and NO ONE needs to be or should be lonely.
Now I'm going to sing a song for you (please excuse my horrid singing voice):
Sometimes in our lives
we all have pain
we all have sorrow
but if we are wise
we know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me
when you're not strong
and i'll be your friend
i'll help you carry on
for it won't be long
till i'm gonna need
somebody to lean on
You
swallow your pride
if i have faith
you need to borrow
for no one can heed
those of your needs
that you wont let show
ya just call on me brother
if you need a hand
we all need somebody to lean on
i just might have a problem that youll understand
lean on me
when youre not strong
and ill be your friend
ill help you carry on
for it wont be long
till im gonna need somebody to lean on
if you need a hand
lean on me
when youre not strong
and ill be your friend
ill help you carry on
for it wont be long
till im gunna need somebody to lean on
if you need a hand
if
there is a load
you have to bare
that you cant carry
im right up the road
ill share your load
if you just calllll meeeeee
caaaaaaaallllll meeeeee
if you need a friend
:)
Mella

this is a really interesting topic. Do people ever really know us? My philosophy teacher said that other people know us better than we know ourselves because they can see how we act. A person can never really step outside themself and observe.
I don't believe a person needs to know everything about you to know anything about you. And think about it, would you really want someone to know everything about you? I would think not. People go to great lengths to make people know them less. It looks like you are doing that too. (what was I talking about? damn short attention span)
I liked your poem, nonetheless.
~lil

:) i think i'm a little young to get married
talk to me on aim sometime, i'm jadedinsuburbia
~lil

takes philosophy and is jaded in suburbia. damn sounds like another hot commodity on bluelight.
-phil-

Nicely written, Evan. A bit harsh, but that is to be expected with such a jaded statement full of warnings. I think this is something we can all relate to at one time or another. I'd have to agree with lily's statement about do we even know ourselves. I decided a while ago not to even try, just to accept people how they are and not guess their reactions or predict their behaviour (or thoughts). Everyone is unique, and always evloving. Therefore you may not even know everything about you at any given time. You may be developing tastes or tendencies that even you don't recognize yet. But I would say that unbiased strangers do have a clearer assesment of someone. Once you start associating with them, you put on blinders that distort your view of them with ideas based on past experiences.
Anyways, interesting warning. Ever think you'd say it to yourself in the mirror?

Evan-
You are a great person, and in many aspects you are far wiser than you apear. You are not a person of many words in person but show a heart filled with passion when hidden behind a computer screen. One day it will all make sense and you will stop hating the world for the way that it is and you will accept it and learn to love all those people who share it with you. You are a wonderful person if you let yourself believe it.

sunE:
Your poem is well-written, but it begs for my favorite Bill Cosby quote:
"I don't have a recipe for success, but I do have a recipe for failure:
Try to please everyone."
If I was in your position, I would worry less about the unfortunate fact that some people don't understand me, and instead invest that energy into getting a better understanding of myself . . .
. . . into accepting my flaws . . .
. . . and at the same time working on becoming a person I would be proud to call my best friend.
Peace,
LL

Thank you Pixie and LL :) Your words mean a lot mainly because I had the awesome oppertunity to talk to you both extensively (sp?).
Thank you everyone else for your kind words also, it *really* does mean something to me.
Evan

Evan-
You are a great person, and in many aspects you are far wiser than you apear. You are not a person of many words in person but show a heart filled with passion when hidden behind a computer screen. One day it will all make sense and you will stop hating the world for the way that it is and you will accept it and learn to love all those people who share it with you. You are a wonderful person if you let yourself believe it.
its not true, Evan. the part where she said "One day it will all make sense to you and you will stop hating the world for the way it is and you will accept it". its not true. as long as you still cling to the essense of who you were, it will never make sense to you. and you will continue to rage against the machine until the last vestiges of who you were has been eliminated. by this time it is too late.
You will lose your feelings. At first, this will seem like a victory. No longer a victim to your own mood swings, no longer a patron of self destruction. They call this "growing up". you will be proud. Then one day realization will dawn on you that all those things that defined who you were, the darkness and the melancholly and the teenage pretentions to importance, are gone. And nothing has replaced them.
but you wont care.
by the time realization hits you, you wont remember how to care anymore.
welcome to the machine.