View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What Would This Combo Do?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
If one were to mix morning glory seeds with sassafras root supplements, what would be the effects. I have heard that sassafras root has minor MDMA-like effects when consumed, probably if consumed in greater than the "recommended dose". I am aware that morning glory obviously has lysergamide (e.g. lsa), and they make you trip. It would seem that consuming the sassafras and the morning glory at the same time would be similar to mixing a light dose of MDMA with psychedelics. My logic would also say that one would have to lower the dose of both, because of synergistic effects at the same receptors. However, I have not been able to find any information on anyone consuming this combination, and I have scoured the web for information on this combination to no avail. I did read a report of a guy that combined morning glory seeds with half a container of nutmeg (contains myristicin, which is converted into MMDA-- kind of similar to MDA but more psychedelic, greatly more visual and psychedelic than MDMA). Unfortunately for him, it didn't go well. He said that he was basically rolling on his bed, freaking out, and making noises like a "retarded" person would. He said that he felt extremely paranoid, and generally freaked. However, I am thinking that the sassafras may be less like this, as it is much more like MDMA than the myristicin which is converted to MMDA (more of a hallucinogenic, with highly realistic, almost bordering on deliriant like visuals). People that take high doses of nutmeg seem to say that the experience is a nauseating, awful experience often accompanied by terrible paranoia and disorienting thoughts/visuals........ and it lasts over 24 hours 8o Yeah, fuck that shit, seriously. I've done it, but only in fairly minor doses, never the full "experience". Sassafras+morning glory seems on the surface like it might be an interesting mix, but then again, it also seems a little sketchy.

sassafras contains safrole, which from my understanding, is more of a plain stimulant with a bit of serotonergic euphoria at doses higher than most people would medicinally use. It might be cool or it might be awful. Let us know if you try it.