• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What would be a good first dose

lisa13077

Greenlighter
very new to opiates. have a 2mg dil. they switched my meds but dil dont work like the percs. is it to much for plungging as a newb i can take 10mg oxy and feel messed up.

Last edited:
If you take 2mg hydromorphone orally it will probably be as strong or even slightly weaker then 10mg oxycodone because hydromorphone has a very bad orally bioavailability.

However if you crush it up and snort it, the bioavailability is higher and it should be a bit stronger then 10mg oxycodone. You can also plug it for a better bioavailability then orally as well.

The best but most dangerous way to use hydromorphone (dilaudid) is by injecting it. It's 10x stronger then taking it orally with a 100% bioavailability and it is considered the strongest more euphoric rush of all opiates. Better then heroin, oxymorphone, and morphine.

However it doesn't have any legs to the high. For a newbie you will have a great rush and then a 1-2hr high. If you have a opiate habit and tolerance you will likely only have a 1hr high or less. I don't recommend IV'ing at all, but if you chose to then please use a micron filter and brand new sterile supplies. If you never have injected before, please don't open that door, it makes opiates 10x more addictive.

I'd recommend for you to wrap it in a piece of paper and then crush it, and giving either snorting or plugging ago.

The best way to avoid addiction is just sticking to orally taking pills. But if the 2mg hydromorphone is noticeably weaker then ur oxy was, consider giving snorting or plugging a go. See if it helps strengthen the effects.

Hydromorphone does have a shorter half life then oxycodone though, so you may notice a shorter high.

If you take 2mg hydromorphone orally it will probably be as strong or even slightly weaker then 10mg oxycodone because hydromorphone has a very bad orally bioavailability.

However if you crush it up and snort it, the bioavailability is higher and it should be a bit stronger then 10mg oxycodone. You can also plug it for a better bioavailability then orally as well.

The best but most dangerous way to use hydromorphone (dilaudid) is by injecting it. It's 10x stronger then taking it orally with a 100% bioavailability and it is considered the strongest more euphoric rush of all opiates. Better then heroin, oxymorphone, and morphine.

However it doesn't have any legs to the high. For a newbie you will have a great rush and then a 1-2hr high. If you have a opiate habit and tolerance you will likely only have a 1hr high or less. I don't recommend IV'ing at all, but if you chose to then please use a micron filter and brand new sterile supplies. If you never have injected before, please don't open that door, it makes opiates 10x more addictive.

I'd recommend for you to wrap it in a piece of paper and then crush it, and giving either snorting or plugging ago.

The best way to avoid addiction is just sticking to orally taking pills. But if the 2mg hydromorphone is noticeably weaker then ur oxy was, consider giving snorting or plugging a go. See if it helps strengthen the effects.

Hydromorphone does have a shorter half life then oxycodone though, so you may notice a shorter high.

This. But if you don't use needles then don't be messing with them, it's totally not worth it. If you want to get high then just snort it or plug it. Plugging is actually closest to IV but without the risks. I've never gotten a rush from plugging hydromorphone but the onset is pretty quick and 2mg will not hurt you. Just make sure you don't mix with other CNS depressants like benzos.

This. But if you don't use needles then don't be messing with them, it's totally not worth it. If you want to get high then just snort it or plug it. Plugging is actually closest to IV but without the risks. I've never gotten a rush from plugging hydromorphone but the onset is pretty quick and 2mg will not hurt you. Just make sure you don't mix with other CNS depressants like benzos.

I was just reading this reply and got to thinking. Who was the first person to take their meds out of the bottle, look it over and say, "Hey, I wonder what would happen if I shove this up my ass?" Seriously, if I hadn't heard it from BL, I'd have never thought it would have any effect whatsoever. Sorry, but I was just thinkin'...

I was just reading this reply and got to thinking. Who was the first person to take their meds out of the bottle, look it over and say, "Hey, I wonder what would happen if I shove this up my ass?" Seriously, if I hadn't heard it from BL, I'd have never thought it would have any effect whatsoever. Sorry, but I was just thinkin'...

Ha! That's pretty funny, never thought about that. Maybe because people have been rectally administering other meds for quite awhile. It makes sense I guess.

If injecting drugs up my ass was the only way to get high I never would have became an addict. It gives new meaning to the term bum rush!

very new to opiates. have a 2mg dil. they switched my meds but dil dont work like the percs. is it to much for plungging as a newb i can take 10mg oxy and feel messed up.

Plunging dil seems to have greater affect. However I must say this. If the equivalent of hydro to oxy doesn't have an effect on you it's probably because you've become accustomed to the oxy--which could be a warning sign for you.

When I was withdrawing off oxy there was no amount of hydro that could keep me from W/D. 0 relief. 10mg of oxy=instant relief.

BUT it's double sided problem because yes in fact hydro does not translate well into certain people. I would just keep that in the back of your mind.

Maybe someone more technically savvy on the pharma of it than myself can care to explain why that happens. My guess is its related to why *2*mg of hydro=~=~*10*mg of oxy in raw terms and how your brain reacts to it.

Using the opiate/opioid converter 2 mgs of hydromorphone is closer to 5mgs(little less) of oxycodone but remember these converters are looking for analgesic equivalencies.

other people have already answered your question so i don't really need to too, but generally on BL you should try to use the full name of the drug, at least the first time you mention it in your post, to avoid confusion. so dilaudid or hydromorphone instead of dil, percocet or oxycodone instead of perc, etc. after you say the full name once tho, you can use slang, so dil and perc would be fine after you say dilaudid and percocet once. you don't have to or anything, but it avoids confusion.