Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television What TV Shows are You Binging v. Cut That Cord!

Watched Limitless last night though it a decent show.
Reminded me of a phenibut. lol

Reactions: CFC
Fucking Wednesday lol. It's cute and funny.

Yeah I ignored it for a while as one of those tween-series that I can't stand. But then I clicked on it and it's actually not bad at all. Woulda liked to have seen more from Gwendoline Christie and Cathy Zeta Jones, they were very underutilized despite having roles with incredible potential, but Jenna Ortega is definitely stand out in it.

I ignored it, too, at 1st. Yeah, Jenna Ortega is a very good actress, as well as the others. I've always liked Ricci, too. They had to have her. I bet Ortega's going to be in a lot more.. I like how she holds her jawline. perfect!
youre dead wednesday addams GIF

I'm always high when I post and forget to add key content. Wednesday is directed by Tim Burton. I'm disappointed with Tulsa King directed by Taylor Sheridan. After the 3rd episode it got boring... It's on my rainy day movie list.

Had no clue that Midsomer Murders was ongoin to this day. So catching up with this series as I find id enjoyable.

For me personally, I haven't had cable TV in my home for 12 years, and there is nothing that could ever get me to waste my time viewing or paying for it ever again. I wasn't ever much of a tv viewer anyway, and not only do I not miss it, it was one of the greatest things I ever did. But that's just me.

For me personally, I haven't had cable TV in my home for 12 years, and there is nothing that could ever get me to waste my time viewing or paying for it ever again. I wasn't ever much of a tv viewer anyway, and not only do I not miss it, it was one of the greatest things I ever did. But that's just me.
I’ve never once paid for cable tv or had it in my home. Never understood why anyone does. You pay money and yet you have more commercials? Fuck that noise.

I’ve watched plenty of tv my whole life, I just pirate shows or watch them on streaming services (before the great censoring) and then buy them on hard copy if they’re worth viewing a second time. DVD box sets don’t cost much these days and include “censored” episodes they pull off the streaming services (several Seinfeld episodes are censored on tv and Netflix right now for example) so in my experience piracy and buying hard copies is the only way to actually watch full television shows without losing material.

Plus I cannot stomach commercials. They’re so foreign to me that when I go to people’s houses that have cable I find it more entertaining to watch the commercials than the actual shows. TV commercials are a pure novelty to me and remind me of the early 2000s. I can’t believe people subject themselves to such a waste of time in the modern era.

Unfortunately, no idea how anybody outside the UK could get this, but Motherland is fucking hilarious (just watched the xmas special). While all the participants are great, in my opinion, the star is Diane Morgan. That accent is perfect for dry, sarcastic and funny as fuck comments (know two people from north Cumbria and they are experts at the one line, sarcastic comment).

BTW, it's 3 seasons and xmas special are available on BBC iPlayer

A quick side note:
Orange Is the New Black was an incredibly engaging series for many reasons.
What I liked most about it was the commentary on the Prison/Industrial Complex that thrives in the US. It's horribly corrupt and exploitative, yet few people are talking about it. We ought to be paying more attention.

Pretty good TV year all in all, it seems like we've been making a resurgence after some poorer years.

No 2004-2005 or 2013-2015 but we're on the up. The long drama format seems to be dead, the added costs probably don't weigh up, so we've got a lot of these shorter shows with their unique kind of punch

Sarah Beeny's Renovate Don't Relocate (Channel 4 + HGTV) and My Dream Derelict Home in the Sun (HGTV)

New year, new home, new you! Lol.

I'm always watching renovation stuff, but currently bingeing and enjoying these two. The latter has the more exciting element of sunshine (very lacking in these parts at this time of year) and lots of language and builder difficulties.