• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! WHAT TO EXPECT FIRST TIME TAKING SHROOMS??

When I first started shrooms about 25 years ago I jumped in as fast as I could. It didn't take long to have a bad trip. My advice: Stop caring about it so much and take a low dose. It's really easy to have a fun time on a low dose and it's really easy to have a bad time on a high dose, especially if you're new.

Now I either micro dose or low dose, mix it with a high dose of delta 8 THC and it's one of the best feelings in the world.

Also highly therapeutic. I don't even care about getting trippy visuals anymore. That's for the kids.

I am going to trip for the very first time. I have never ever done any drugs except I microdoses on mushroom for one month recently as a preparation for the big dose in coming January 2022.
I am going to do it to find answers to my psychological trauma and resulting anxiety/fear around a specific event in my life. It is related to excessive academic demands at university that were too much to handle. Basically I believe there are stuck brain patterns from that stressful experience that keeps circulating along with positive ones.
Questions:
1.I am 110 Lbs and I definitely do not want to take more than 2 grams in my first trip. Can anyone please tell me what should be a safe but effective dosage for a woman of my size?
I have a contact/a friend who has tripped in mushrooms about 12 times so far and he agreed to be my sitter and he is supplying me mushrooms. He cultivates them. I am worried about how he will handle the situation if I get into any paranoia or difficult experience as he has never been a guide or sitter for anyone.

2. Do you think one needs a sitter who is experienced in guiding? Can paranoia during the trip damage a person’s mind and brain for good?

3. I have been told by my friend that to mix dry mushroom power in warm tea with lemon juice will give me most effective experience. Also I should finish drinking that warm tea within half an hour (time it also).
Does this sounds like the right way to do it?

Internet is full of experts advice that one should never attempt to do psilocybin on one’s own or with help of friends. Set and setting are both important undoubtedly. I can handle the mindset but I don’t have access to real experienced sitters or guides.
4. Is integration therapy really important? Or the tripper can analyze one’s own experience? I believe that I am in a god state of mind and am very self reflective person and will be able to interpret some of the insights I will have during the trip.
5.How should I handle difficult or frightening experience during the trip? I have read books and watched videos and am aware of all sound advices namely SURRENDER to the experience.
However if my sitter doesn’t help me in the right manner during trip I will end up having a bad trip. My sitter is experienced in tripping himself but has never helped another person trip.

I will appreciate your answers to my questions.For me it is very necessary to do this trip as I am tired of my brain’s fearful stuck patterns. I feel a lot of it is involuntary and I am not participating in them but I am dragged into them by the sheer force of brain patterns.
Hey, I've noticed that you mentioned both your weight(in impossible measurements btw) and how much of the shrooms you want to take, but not what kind of shroom.

The data is really useless without knowing what shroom it is. 2g can be an easy-going dose with some, can be a rather heavy dose with others. Does your friend know the name of the shroom they cultivate? Have they tripped 12 times on the same mushroom, or are they experimenting with different kinds? If they're experimenting, it's especially important to know what kind of mushroom it is, because 12 trips are hardly enough to know your shit. 12 trips was 2-3 months for me back when I still tripped :ROFLMAO:

When I first started shrooms about 25 years ago I jumped in as fast as I could. It didn't take long to have a bad trip. My advice: Stop caring about it so much and take a low dose. It's really easy to have a fun time on a low dose and it's really easy to have a bad time on a high dose, especially if you're new.

Now I either micro dose or low dose, mix it with a high dose of delta 8 THC and it's one of the best feelings in the world.

Also highly therapeutic. I don't even care about getting trippy visuals anymore. That's for the kids.
This is great advice

I loved my first trip. Me and my two friends split a quarter in three. Me and my male friend took 2.4 while our female friend who was smaller than us took 2.2 iirc. These were hydro mushrooms btw. We sat in my room watching family guy on adult swim while coming up. I started to feel this odd spacey feeling in my midsection. Not bad just different, unlike anything I ever felt. Then the next thing I know, I was tripping. Everything seemed really really spacey, kinda light and heavy at the same time. Also everything made me laugh. And I mean everything. So we continued watching adult swim and I kinda realized that all those trippy shows like robot chicken and athf are meant to be watched by people tripping balls. As the night went on, I started to peak and the colors and swirling spiral geometry on the walls and floors was fucking intense! But my mind was in an awesome place the whole time. You will also notice little things that you never percieved before until you trip, but even after the trip ends you will notice them every time and always think back to that trip.

Hey, I've noticed that you mentioned both your weight(in impossible measurements btw) and how much of the shrooms you want to take, but not what kind of shroom.

The data is really useless without knowing what shroom it is. 2g can be an easy-going dose with some, can be a rather heavy dose with others. Does your friend know the name of the shroom they cultivate? Have they tripped 12 times on the same mushroom, or are they experimenting with different kinds? If they're experimenting, it's especially important to know what kind of mushroom it is, because 12 trips are hardly enough to know your shit. 12 trips was 2-3 months for me back when I still tripped :ROFLMAO:
The mushroom name is Koi Samui and my friend tripped in it twice. He tripped on others the rest of the times. He can offer me Golden Leaf , Yeti or Koi Samui
Are you familiar with these mushrooms?

It's a lot easier being a sitter than it sounds. Your friend just should comfort you that your feelings are safe and normal (as they probably have felt something similar at times), and change stimuli (location, music, or maybe even subtler things if you start getting trapped in thought loops).

You should do your part and take a moderate dose. I appreciate the desire to process trauma, but it isn't a given that you will - be ready to take what you get with the trip.

When i trip, i usually have a fallback plan if i get caught off guard; i retreat to a comforting place (usually a room with good temperature control and a soundsystem and listen to an album with positive themes (can really be anything, just something earnest and familiar)).

I really have never put a lot of effort into integration, but i do feel myself reflecting on the trip when doing things such as running which foster self reflection. It would probably be good to identify such an activity that you regularly perform and reflect during and set time aside for that in the following days.

I do not think you should worry about being harmed by a bad trip, i have seen a number of bad trips (ie people lost control in an unpleasant way), and the people return when they come down. (although there is often much more to process). I will say bad trips are much more likely when dosages are pushed high, and trips are undertaken without forethought/in poor mindsets/settings. (although some of my more rewarding trips were in poor settings that forced me to look at my current behavioral patterns.

Best of luck, and don't take it too seriously.
Thanks for your reply. So for me processing trauma is the only reason I want to do this trip. You meant to say that there is no guarantee that I will get answers to or insights into my trauma.

If I don’t resolve the trauma in this trip at al or partially can the resolution happen in the following trips? Or sometimes resolution never happens?
What is the best way to ingest mushroom so I get best and stronger experience?
Please let me know. I heard taking it ( mushroom powder ) in warm tea with lemon is good. Lemon intensifies the experience. Is that correct?
Or eating dried mushroom with lemon directly is better? But one has to drink water alongside too I guess.
If it is in warm (not hot) tea how much liquid should be there ( one or two cups) and how quickly should I finish the drink?

Back in the day, when I was a young turkey acid gobbler, we didn't take this and that tranguilizer or what have you to avoid a bad trips. But lately I always read, "Before tripping, I took methadone." Or "I took Xanax." "I took phenabut." "I took diazepam." Nonesense. You don't need it. Having a bad trip, if its not the kind that puts you in the madhouse, which it won't if you don't take more than about 2 grams, unless you are tragically and unusually sensitive, will just make you a more beautiful person, you'll be that much more knowledgeable, understanding, strong and kind towards all who are having bad trips whether drug induced or just from real life. Mushrooms can be the school of shroomy knocks, not so bad as hard knocks, but maybe different. Well, maybe you could give a toss just would rather not suffer personally. Fair enough. No problem. We are not all Jesuses and Mary martyrs and mother father healers. So, mushroom rules are simple but not guraenteed, just take them when you're sure you have a good basic headspace, not worried about too much crap in the immeduate future coming down and gather people and things and music and circumstances to help create good circumstances and feelings, whatever it is that you think will send you off well and it likely will, but again these things are not essentail, really its down to you in the end, if you are not confident and also feeling down, sketched out by poeple or circumstances, or other strange weirdnesses and can't really overcome those things with any kind of confidence, no big deal, then be patient and wait it all out till the clouds clear and eat your shrooms when things feel better. Or if you must, take them anyway and accept whatever unpleasantness may or may not come, a bad trip It really is training for real life, it all applies if you want things to go well in life or if you aren't really bothered too. Trust your feeling about things as to whether to trip or not as opposed to your charming friends and their schedules and agendas, tell them to chill, now its different, tripping is certainly not trivial, it can be pivotal for our entire lives. Patience solves everything, especially if you happen to enter a harrowing headspace, psychedelics teach us a kind of patience that rewards in bliss, blessings and ultimately unfathomable knowledge. You're having a bad time when you're coming up...WAIT...it will shift sooner than you think and you might soon be in some incredible headspace, utterly redeemed, purified, seemingly deathless even, transformed and sanctified! We can be our own worst enemies with psychedlics as well as in life, we ruin things for ourselves by freaking out, so you do your best to keep your mentality up. Sometimes when I'm not sure of myself, I make notes and put them in my shirt pocket or better yet put them out on my desk or other places where I'll see them when tripping like on my desk things that say things about whatever I think I might forget if I have a rough trip. And if things get rough you will forget. So, keep your notes right there, and I keep notes with things written out large and clear like: "Wait till you've stopped tripping before you ask any mortal and flawed human or otherwise to help you." Or "The feeling of being stuck in time is illusory, it will pass! Really! As contradictory and paradoxical as it sounds: It will be over depsite being eternal! I promise and I love you or i wouldn't bother would I, if it weren't true! -Love, Me, Myself to enigmatic I! " Others who aren't tripping will almost never understand what you are going through and will likely do you more harm in their efforts to extricate you and your weird situation from theirs. Thats just what I have learned from being so stupid as a kid tripping on drugs to tell parents, really smart together friends who don't ever trip or doctors. No, psychedelics teach you that you are the wisest when it comes to you, others don't really understand or frankly care particularly if you are so "idiotic" as to trip on drugs. Just be fearless and patient and never forget whatever unpleasantness you are going through will very soon be finished, its that simple and with patience, 99% of your problems are solved with mushrooms and other psychedelics, it just has to be waited out and then it will all be fine! . And that goes for everything in our lives, we can ride whatever is going on, there really is never any need to complicate things by pushing or hurrying or involving others who want to help or gettting into our insane interventions etc. and when it comes to the essentials, we are born alone and we die alone and we trip alone too.

Thanks for your reply. So for me processing trauma is the only reason I want to do this trip. You meant to say that there is no guarantee that I will get answers to or insights into my trauma.

If I don’t resolve the trauma in this trip at al or partially can the resolution happen in the following trips? Or sometimes resolution never happens?
What is the best way to ingest mushroom so I get best and stronger experience?
Please let me know. I heard taking it ( mushroom powder ) in warm tea with lemon is good. Lemon intensifies the experience. Is that correct?
Or eating dried mushroom with lemon directly is better? But one has to drink water alongside too I guess.
If it is in warm (not hot) tea how much liquid should be there ( one or two cups) and how quickly should I finish the drink?
If you go in with intent, it is likely that you will get a different perspective on things. However tripping is quite a varied experience (taking the same dose of the same substance will often take you different places).

I feel like you may be setting your expectations a bit high. I guess it's another facet of submission, you gotta accept the trip you have, it's really a roll of the dice. Think of how absurd it would be to think "I'm going to go on a hike tomorrow and have some insights. Tripping is a good catalyst but nothing is promised to happen on the insight front.

Stronger trips can produce stronger results, but they can also produce more confusion, which can be less conducive for bringing things back to sober reality.

Drinking a lemon tea should be fine, it definately makes it hit quicker and a bit harder and last a bit less long.

You seem ready for this, my advice is to just do it, with the most open mind you can muster, and then spend some time afterward thinking about how it was and what you've gained from it. If you feel comfortable maybe consider increasing the dose then.

Its been mentioned here by a few be with people you trust and feel safe where you are. Its hard when it happens try not to freak out only had one bad trip i had just come to the UK and was with someone i not know to well and i enjoyed it at first then i started thinking how am i going to get home and i felt scared got on a train and it was full of arsenal fans coming back to kent from highbury freaked me well out once i got in taxi at the station on way home felt safe and enjoyed the trip .

The mushroom name is Koi Samui and my friend tripped in it twice. He tripped on others the rest of the times. He can offer me Golden Leaf , Yeti or Koi Samui
Are you familiar with these mushrooms?
koh samui, yes. It's relatively mild iirc, i think it's a cubensis

Back in the day, when I was a young turkey acid gobbler, we didn't take this and that tranguilizer or what have you to avoid a bad trips. But lately I always read, "Before tripping, I took methadone." Or "I took Xanax." "I took phenabut." "I took diazepam." Nonesense. You don't need it. Having a bad trip, if its not the kind that puts you in the madhouse, which it won't if you don't take more than about 2 grams, unless you are tragically and unusually sensitive, will just make you a more beautiful person, you'll be that much more knowledgeable, understanding, strong and kind towards all who are having bad trips whether drug induced or just from real life. Mushrooms can be the school of shroomy knocks, not so bad as hard knocks, but maybe different. Well, maybe you could give a toss just would rather not suffer personally. Fair enough. No problem. We are not all Jesuses and Mary martyrs and mother father healers. So, mushroom rules are simple but not guraenteed, just take them when you're sure you have a good basic headspace, not worried about too much crap in the immeduate future coming down and gather people and things and music and circumstances to help create good circumstances and feelings, whatever it is that you think will send you off well and it likely will, but again these things are not essentail, really its down to you in the end, if you are not confident and also feeling down, sketched out by poeple or circumstances, or other strange weirdnesses and can't really overcome those things with any kind of confidence, no big deal, then be patient and wait it all out till the clouds clear and eat your shrooms when things feel better. Or if you must, take them anyway and accept whatever unpleasantness may or may not come, a bad trip It really is training for real life, it all applies if you want things to go well in life or if you aren't really bothered too. Trust your feeling about things as to whether to trip or not as opposed to your charming friends and their schedules and agendas, tell them to chill, now its different, tripping is certainly not trivial, it can be pivotal for our entire lives. Patience solves everything, especially if you happen to enter a harrowing headspace, psychedelics teach us a kind of patience that rewards in bliss, blessings and ultimately unfathomable knowledge. You're having a bad time when you're coming up...WAIT...it will shift sooner than you think and you might soon be in some incredible headspace, utterly redeemed, purified, seemingly deathless even, transformed and sanctified! We can be our own worst enemies with psychedlics as well as in life, we ruin things for ourselves by freaking out, so you do your best to keep your mentality up. Sometimes when I'm not sure of myself, I make notes and put them in my shirt pocket or better yet put them out on my desk or other places where I'll see them when tripping like on my desk things that say things about whatever I think I might forget if I have a rough trip. And if things get rough you will forget. So, keep your notes right there, and I keep notes with things written out large and clear like: "Wait till you've stopped tripping before you ask any mortal and flawed human or otherwise to help you." Or "The feeling of being stuck in time is illusory, it will pass! Really! As contradictory and paradoxical as it sounds: It will be over depsite being eternal! I promise and I love you or i wouldn't bother would I, if it weren't true! -Love, Me, Myself to enigmatic I! " Others who aren't tripping will almost never understand what you are going through and will likely do you more harm in their efforts to extricate you and your weird situation from theirs. Thats just what I have learned from being so stupid as a kid tripping on drugs to tell parents, really smart together friends who don't ever trip or doctors. No, psychedelics teach you that you are the wisest when it comes to you, others don't really understand or frankly care particularly if you are so "idiotic" as to trip on drugs. Just be fearless and patient and never forget whatever unpleasantness you are going through will very soon be finished, its that simple and with patience, 99% of your problems are solved with mushrooms and other psychedelics, it just has to be waited out and then it will all be fine! . And that goes for everything in our lives, we can ride whatever is going on, there really is never any need to complicate things by pushing or hurrying or involving others who want to help or gettting into our insane interventions etc. and when it comes to the essentials, we are born alone and we die alone and we trip alone too.
You need to make paragraphs man

Thank you all for wonderful suggestions and great insights from your own personal mushroom trips!

Everyone, please refrain from any attacks on other posters within PD, as well as snide remarks to members who may not know the way of things yet. The post near the top of this page is indeed tl;dr, but that's no reason to be rude to a new member.

The Social threads are open for more critical discussions in a more lighthearted manner. Please keep posts not directly related to the topic to the Social threads.

Can anyone tell me from one’s own personal mushroom tripping experience what positive effects mushroom has on brain’s cognitive abilities. I have read and heard that mushroom can not only lower down anxiety but also improve ones brain focus, attention and cognition. For instance can it enhance one’s academic performance?

Can anyone tell me from one’s own personal mushroom tripping experience what positive effects mushroom has on brain’s cognitive abilities. I have read and heard that mushroom can not only lower down anxiety but also improve ones brain focus, attention and cognition. For instance can it enhance one’s academic performance?

Cant see it making you better academically - but it can make you happier

I have felt lifted out of a depressive episode before (of the low energy and low tolerence for adversity type), but only once in about ~100 trips. I usually have a little more awe at nature and stuff after a trip, but the majority of time any benefits are due thoughts i have during the trips (like realizing maladaptive patterns, and afterward being more cognizant of them, or identifying nuances in relationships that allows me to better inhabit the relationship). I have certainly learned to appreciate music and movies that eluded me before a trip, and that usually is a permanent change as i am mainly learning how to mentally approach the art.

I worry that you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. Many of your posts regarding mushrooms are very goal directed. Psychadelics provide pretty fluid and varied experiences. Especially for your first time, where a good amount of mental energy will be used getting the feel for the altered state, it is asking a lot to expect concrete benefits from a single trip. I certainly have noticed my early trips centered around defining the experience i was having, and then as i got a feel for the space, i was more successful at targeted introspection.

I am not saying these things are impossible on a first trip, but i think approaching it as a chance to have a weird, good time where your mind does a ton of interesting things and any other benefit is a bonus will not leave you disappointed.

I am getting ready for my very first mushroom trip in the middle of January 2022. The mushroom I am using is Koi Samui and I was being advised here in this forum that I should not take more than 1.5 grams ( to be safer it should be 1.2 grams) and that I should not add lemon to my mushroom tea because Koi Samui can be more potent than some other mushrooms and as the first timer I should make sure that I play safe.
Also I am a female and weigh 110 pounds and that is another factor to be taken in.
1.Can anyone confirm that all this sounds right?

2.Besides that can anyone tell me something about how to prepare for creating the right mindset at least a week before the trip?
Will that include meditation, writing down all the things I would like to achieve in the trip? Whether those goals will be met or not us another story but at least I should have the intention to science them in thus or following trips.
3. From my readings about psilocybin and brain I understand that many stuck brain patterns including OCD can be positively affected and new neural pathways can make it possible to free oneself from stuck patterns.
Also it reduces anxiety and so probably it affects amygdala and quietens its activity.
3.Should I expect at least some beginning in that direction happen? Otherwise then what is the point of doing it if none if those things happen. I also understand that I should not have high hopes and accept whatever happens but I do want some relief from stuck brain patterns and alleviation of anxiety that I don’t even notice but it is there.

Yo, so ive done shrooms twice. What i did was take a try a few shrooms at a time and in total ate a handful the first time. Then the second time i went ahead and dived into a handful. Id suggest weighing your shrooms before you do it but i didnt have one at the time.

At first it felt like i was high off weed. I felt sensations and i was paranoid and my eyes werent dilated. Then next thing i know im high as a kite. Your pupils are gonna be huge.

The whole time i was aware i was high. Expect to feel like the high is going to last for a million years. Expect to be finding yourself hearing memes talk and gifs talk if you are on your phone. Id suggest tripping on your phone. That way you arent pissing someone off 😒. I didnt need a trip sitter. Never had one. I suggest you have your boyfriend be clean while you be high then you watch him when your clean. I know someone who jumped off a bridge that was over a road when they were tripping on shrooms. Never saw the injury but my sister did.

Expect to see colors moving and space and aliens and all kinds of things. Expect to have the shits on the toilet the next day 🙃.