• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what to do if someone's sending you into a bad experience?

j00sh

Bluelighter
1st time doing lsd last night

if you want the tl;dr feel free to just respond to the thread title

I read so much about it, so many trip reports good and bad, so many drug facts and all this shit about set and setting. Wasn't prepared at all for what happened though.

It started out great, my friend and I were having a good time on 3 hits each. Then my brother walks in the door noticeably drunk (immediate anxiety at this point) and pissed off about a girl and he's ranting a bit, shit's getting worse and worse and he asks what I'm on because it's obvious I'm on something.

I end up telling him and I'm stressing the fact that he needs to be cool about it and not fuck with me, and while I'm talking to him he says something like "LOOK OUT FOR THAT SNOWMAN." I wasn't so retarded I actually saw a snowman from this, but the fact that he was fucking with me knowing I was in that state completely obliterated me, I felt absolutely betrayed. I couldn't even talk to him at that point, I started sending him messages on the computer about how hard he's making it on me and I'm talking to myself saying if I just wait it out it will be ok.. seconds later I type "give me a gun" and at that point I feel more suicidal than I've ever been in my life, I would have ended the entire world if I had the power, because I didn't know what mattered to me anymore.

From that point on I'm simply psychotic. I don't know what life is, I don't know what it feels like to be human, and I'm desperately trying to be reminded. He realizes how badly he just fucked my world up but at that point even if he's trying to be nice I'm just paranoid and twisting everything he says like it's against me. He won't let me call my mom or anyone else because he thinks I'll spread the word and fuck myself over, but in my head he's making me a prisoner so he can keep me there for his own amusement. I ended up calling my mom and asked her to come over, he calls her back and tells her not to come and steals my cellphone battery. I finally get my hands on the house phone and tell her to come over no matter what he says.

After a few hours with her, interrogating her trying to make her convince me that she's real and I'm not just conversing in my head, I finally get back into a noticeable reality. It's like I died and totally rebuilt myself. I still tripped for several hours, can't look at the ceiling without it bursting into a million patterns and then forming the shape of a badass amphibian all in unison with the music, from that point on I was fine..

Anyways, what the hell can you do when someone's fucking with you like that to be funny? Saying shit like "look out! your desk is covered in bugs!" etc.. I don't want this to be my last trip, I've been interested in psychedelics for a long time, but I don't want to risk being suicidal.

I'm still pretty fucked up over all the things I saw, like I really didn't know what it meant to be alive. All my memories seemed surrounded by acid, I'd try to remember something from my past and it would be a chaotic tripped out version of it. That hasn't changed much either, like all the events leading up to this are part of that trip. I'm having trouble talking to people, I feel like I haven't seen my friends or family in years, and if I tried to communicate they wouldn't even know what I was trying to get across. I don't feel depressed anymore, I just feel "fucked".. no trip report could do this justice, and nothing I've read over the past few months could have prepared me for this.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering from what sounds like a pretty shitty experience for your first acid trip, Joosh. That chaotic, confused state of fucked-upness you feel right now will pass and you will be just fine again soonest. Right now it may not feel that way, but it truly will <3

My short, honest and probably not very useful answer, would be to not trip in places or situations where idiots who think they are being funny are likely to ruin it. Not always possible, of course, but set and setting make all the difference.

Maybe try to find a setting more conducive to the psychedelic state - somewhere where you won't be disturbed by morons who think it's clever to fuck with you. The Big and Dandy Set & Setting Thread may have some good suggestions for you and perhaps also The Good Trip Guide :)

Not an especially helpful reply I know, but it's way past my bedtime and my brain is in need of a bit of recovery time before I can muster a better one. Until then, I'm sure there's plenty here who will have more practical suggestions :)

Hit them. Once I was on half a tab of L, it was a pretty good blotter so it felt like a whole hit, my "friend" (not really he's a dick) wasn't on acid because he can't handle it. He kept waving his hands in my face and grabbing my head. It felt like all my personal space was gone and it made me claustrophobic. I was freaking out and repeatedly told him to stop it but he did not. I really should have hit him. Anyone who fucking with someone on acid is an ass hole, they deserve to be hit.

Yeah, I dont usually resort to violence but I would beat the shit outta my brother(if I had a brother) until he started crying. What a weak piece of shit doing that to your own brother or anyone, he could have seriously messed you up psychologically, well he did mess you up psychologically. He and you are just lucky its not permanent.

I would spike his drink with acid oneday and fuck him up(mentally)...I seriously would do that if someone did it to me, im not saying you should, but I would.

So has anybody got a reply that's not as moronic as the OP's brother's actions? Spiking people or beating the shit out of them are really not suggestions worthy of PD. Unhelpful and quite frankly pathetic :\

I didn't say "beat the shit out of" I said hit. As in a single blow to the facial area.

Thats unlucky to experience that for your first trip,but please don't let it stop from enjoying all the wonders of psychs :)

As for Ketaman and Misterjeff you guys need to chill,i couldnt punch someone sober let alone on a high dose of acid and noone needs that on top of what they have already!!!

As shambles said, Set and Setting.
Once you've got that your sweet,is there no countryside by you?Try going for a wonder with a trusted friend for your next experience,as long as your in high spirits then you'll have an ace time.Less negative things outside aswell IMO.

Either way hope your feeling okay from your first run in with Lucy

Peace

I didn't say "beat the shit out of" I said hit. As in a single blow to the facial area.

No you didn't say "beat the shit out of him" but Ketaman did which was what I was referring to. The point I was making that be it "a single blow to the facial area" or several blows to whatever area they happen to connect with, it's hardly a helpful suggestion and doesn't help the OP in any way whatsoever.

I think maybe some of you people need to take a few more psyches - you may learn a thing or two ;)

Can we try stick to replies that actually offer some useful advice for the rest of this thread, perhaps? Violence is not one of them.

EDIT: Huzzah! Skeletal has the right idea :)

I had a mate do the same thing to me once, when I first started doing drugs. I learnt the hard way and so have you. Trip with experienced people that are mature enough and understand what you are doing. Find a place where you are 100% sure you will not be interrupted by brainless shit heads. This way you don't need to worry about things like this happening. Don't give up on psych's dude, I have had many bad journeys( seriously man flying pink elephants and demon faces on the wall) but many good ones.

How can you hit someone while tripping on acid? Think of all the exaggerated-empathy/shared-feeling effects... you might as well hit yourself.

Hitting someone when you are on acid is not a good idea what so ever imo. You hit someone once and theres a high chance they will hit you back and fightings the last thing you want on acid. Best just to tell them to fuck off until they get the picture.

Sorry to hear about that btw joosh, doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience! You should only take acid when you are in a place you can fully relax in without any worry of some random prat dropping in and ruining your trip completely.

Ive been beaten up on acid before so I have bad experiences with it, and I definitely didnt deserve to be beaten up(well nobody deserves to be beaten up) but its a pretty serious thing to do and he needs a taste of his own medicine IMO, you guys dont have to agree with me but as I said, I have had a bad experience with acid and violence and if I could show the person that beat me up just how badly it affected me I sure as hell would.

Maybe in this case a beating is too far but id do something to show him the extent of what he did was pretty outrageous.

I think maybe some of you people need to take a few more psyches - you may learn a thing or two ;)

One of those things worth learning is The Golden Rule - "What thou avoidest suffering thyself seek not to impose on others." – Epictetus is a nice way of putting it, but there are many others. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." is maybe the best known. I find it's a more helpful attitude to take than "Do unto others what they did unto you cos that'll teach 'em". It doesn't teach anyone anything and just perpetuates the kind of attitudes that caused the problem in the first place.

But that's just the way I see it and I'm not saying anyone has to agree with me either - just stating my opinion :)

Incidentally, I've had some pretty nasty and violent things happen to me on psyches too over the years (most recently on 2C-E) so have some experience of such things myself - it's not just me spouting hippy wishful thinking from my little ivory tower :)

Who trips on LSD at home? That was your first mistake.

I only say this because, if you don't have your own place, or a place where your trip wont be interrupted for 6-12 hours; then don't even bother dosing any psychedelic. Set & Setting, Comfort, Environment. These are necessities in tripping. [If there will be people (especially malevolent), what your surroundings will look like, and if you can feel "safe" (comfortable)]

Honestly, in a situation like that. If I felt uneasy or a negative vibe from a person, the second they entered the room. It would be time for me to put on my headphones and go for a walk...

It's just not worth the hassle.

ive never really been the victim of violence/abuse/grief while on trips just on E's which wasnt very good tbh but i dare say LSD wud be a hell of alot worse.
what did ur mum say about the state u were in?
has your brother tried to make it up to u in anyway?

If someone is "giving" you a bad trip, it's really you who are creating the bad trip. Look inside yourself to see why this person offends you. It's a great opportunity for some self-psycho-analysis

Phan: The person wasn't offending him necessarily. It was his brother fucking around with him while he was tripping and trying to freak him out a bit.

Like others have said, this doesn't sound like it was a very good tripping environment to begin with. I don't know what your situation is but it is best to avoid settings where there will be other people who might bother you. Don't trip if you know you might have to deal with this kind of crap at some point.

If I were you I would have just told him I wasn't feeling well and excused myself. Still, I can understand you not wanting to have to act normal in front of him and just being honest.

To the people who are suggesting violence: get a grip. His brother does not deserve to be punched in the face just for annoying him. True, it is extremely stupid and immature to do such things but it is clear that the only reason he did it was because he doesn't understand how intense psychedelics can be. The only justified reason for violence is to defend yourself or others IMO. Attacking someone out of anger is about the worst thing you can do.

Last edited:
The only justified reason for violence is to defend yourself or others IMO. Attacking someone out of anger is about the worst thing you can do.

Truth in these words

What do you do in life when someone's bugging you? I try to do what I think will rationally end whatever is unpleasant without creating any more drama. That goes for anything regardless of my state of mind, but one thing you must understand and know is that YOU send you in bad state. Everything is just input until you interpret it. If something touches you physically that is harder to ignore and it is possible to interpret it in a way that is different than the actual stimulus. King Leary said something like, "that f you're entering a bad mind state... move. That is the only way to happiness." I don't agree with that without some notes added onto it, but in the trip state that isn't always a bad idea. If you can't change something or don't want to put in the effort you can avoid it. That isn't a good idea in the long term, but you probably won't as mentally fragile in a couple hours so it is a good strategy for tripping.

I've used a lot of psychedelics at a lot of festivals. I've also played bars and festivals on a lot of acid. I saw my girlfriend of 3 years whom I lived with cheating on me with my best friend at a music festival. On a hefty dose of acid. I've seen fights, a stroke, a pop can explode in a fire and blind a guy in one eye, assaults, crazy drunk assholes, and just as a part of life you end up around a lot of drunk people in a lot of situations where people pass out acid. I used to think of this as great practice for learning self control, but no. It's great practice for feeling stress. I used to eat psychedelics in situations where it was really inappropriate just because I'm a deviant and got a thrill out of it at the time. Your little cousin's Catholic school christmas pageant is not the right place for morphine and DOC by the way. Neither is work when you're a manager in a warehouse and have to tell people what to do. Well I've grown up a little and this is what I've learned. Don't spend time around assholes. Especially not while you're tripping. Find some people who are mature and intelligent and don't let your friends drag you down.

Peace,
PL

Last edited: