Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What the heck is a Tarsarlan anyways?

MorpheusDaq

Bluelighter
OK well our good moderator Tarsarlan is in serious need of a meaning for his nickname people. Ive asked the boy a few times what exactly a 'Tarsarlan' is and he says he just made it up, or he badly dodges the question and runs off to hide!
smile.gif
.Im also sure he will probaly hate this thread with a passion, so that seems like a good enough reason to post it.
My money is that he got it out of one of those books with a big dragon on the cover. YOUR A FANTASY FREAK ARENT YA! The Lion, the Witch and the Tarsarlan.
------------------
Why are there so many, songs about rainbows
and what's on the other side.

So I'm a wardrobe am I?
That's a good enough meaning as any I guess... *cough* NOT!!!
And yes I did get it from a fantasy book, 'cept it doesn't have a big dragon on the cover 'cos it doesn't have a cover... I havn't finished it yet! Yes that's right, it's from my own book, which isn't going too well 'cos uni and bluelight are taking up too much of my time
smile.gif

P.S. I mentioned something about closing threads related to the meaning of my name... consider this your second and final warning!
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 07 October 2000).]

I'm with you Daq - explain yourself Tarsarlan - the public has a right to know
wink.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

here here. Be prepared to be stripped of your powers unless you explain urself fully!!
btw, have you been told about all the editing function and the UBB homepage all to do with mod stuff?? if not, let me know, I'll email the details, but only after you explain ur name!!
smile.gif

you still havent said what it is tho..I want details or ummm, ill make shit up. Even worse ill get pillgrim or eagleyes to make shit up..and those guys make and talk shit for a living...
smile.gif

------------------
The drummer from def leppard has only got one arm!

ummm if u guys read the thread abt nicknames carefully, Tarsarlan DID explain his nickname once upon a time...
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Thank you GhOst, tho I don't think that would be enough for these guys, they're ruthless and will not settle for any less than a full explanation a little more involved than "I made it up"
Horsey: That would be abuse of your powers! So I don't believe you! ;P

damn you tarsarlan - you're deny us a juicy story
wink.gif

------------------

perhaps u can tell them wat the character tarsarlan is like? n why u gave HIM the name tarsarlan? n why u chose to use tarsarlan here as well? izit bcos hes like u? wats he like other than the blue hair?
*prodprod wif little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Patience my children, patience!
GhOst: That's actually what I was planning on doing! If Bluelight wasn't so active I'd doing that right now... But being a mod I've gotta keep watch on how things are going *cough* yeah that's it *cough*
------------------
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.

Alright all you bloody trouble makers, here’s what Tarsarlan is all about, and if you don’t like it you bloody better not say anything ‘cos I swear I’ll rip out your heart through your throat and shove it up your ass!
*deep breath* Now, parts of this are just extracts from my book, the rest is just filler to bind the story together for your reading pleasure. Some of it is about me, some of it is completely fictional, I’ll leave it to you do decide what’s what…
In one of the fleeting moments of silence which punctuated the chatter around the campfire, the old man stood up and cleared his throat.
“Time for a character profile children” he said, and was greeted by groans and a few derogatory comments. “No, no. Not one of those boring lessons on the life of the person who invented cheese sticks, this lesson is something you should find interesting.”
As everyone settled down the old man began his tale.
"As you all know, Tarsarlan was one of the major contributors in our victory against the Fallen invasion in the last century. Most of you know what he did, but not many of you know what he was really like. He was an appropriate example of Laenistari physique. When standing (or floating) he was slightly over two metres tall. Long blue hair flowed over his shoulders, complementing his forest green robe. His calm visage reflected his knowledgeable and composed personality. His deep violet eyes could be seen slowly passing over the landscape whenever he quietly surveyed his surroundings. His violet aura was normally seen pulsing slowly, intermixed with soft blue shades. As you all know, we Laenistari emanate a coloured aura that is partly our own signature, but also a reflection of our mood. Each of us has one particular colour in our aura that is more prominent than the rest, and for Tarsarlan that was violet, although his favourite colour was blue, but don’t let this make you think he was vain about his hair, because vain is something he most definitely was not!
"While Tarsarlan would sometimes come up with ideas which were of great use to those around him, he was not much of a leader. He preferred to offer advice when it seemed necessary, or when it was requested, but otherwise he would keep to himself. He was known as an observer, someone usually found on the sidelines keeping a watch over proceedings, only interjecting when he thought it constructive. When placed in situations which left him in a position of leadership, he would do whatever was needed, but would gladly relinquish the position whenever a better candidate was available.
"Although he was always outwardly calm, he would often surprise people with his sarcastic comments, and while he didn’t talk incessantly like some of you have a habit of doing, if he met anyone who could match his sense of humour, the conversation would last for quite a long time, though anyone overhearing the conversation would question the sanity of those involved!
"There is much more that I could tell you about Tarsarlan, but the telling would take years if all were to be included."
The old man then sat down and was immediately bombarded with questions, which he answered calmly, even though some were quite ridiculous and the stream of questions was quite irritating at points, and seemingly never ending.
And that is what Tarsarlan is all about. I chose Tarsarlan as my alias because some of his qualities are mine, he was more or less based on me, and no he isn’t the main character, I’m not that self-centred (pfft, I’m not self-centred at all ;P).
Now if anyone says I still havn’t said what Tarsarlan means (and I know someone will) I will edit your posts, and the resulting content won’t be pleasing! Consider this your first and only warning! And no comments about abuse of my moderator powers, if you ignore my warning them I'm considering it an open invitation to use my powers as I see fit to rid the world of your annoying posts!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 09 October 2000).]

Well done Tarsarlan - you do Tolkein and Raymond Feist proud
smile.gif
(I'm only assuming you know who these authors are)
------------------

Tolkien and Feist? They're some kind of cookbook authors right? Post some recipies if ya can find some good ones!
(Do I know Tolkien and Raymond E. Feist? Pfft, bloody ignoramus!)
------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

didnt jrr tolkien come up wif dat recipe, bacon and potato rings? as well as magnificent calamari rings? oooh, and chicken and cheese rings!!!
Tarsarlan, hurry up and finish writing it! im waiting to read it!
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

While Tarsarlan would sometimes come up with ideas
which were of great use to those around him, he was
not much of a leader

well thats that then..sack him as a mod.
smile.gif

------------------
The drummer from def leppard has only got one arm!

Tell ya what Daq, shut the hell up ok?
Oh and just incase...
========>
wink.gif
<=========
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 10 October 2000).]

Tars, I definitely would love a copy of your book when you finish it. Just from reading that little amount, it is obvious how talented you are. You should be really proud of yourself!