Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric What The Forest Elves Teach Us About Conducting A Psychedelic Trip

Cabbanis Lifestyle

Bluelighter
Hello!

I love Studio Ghibli movies and I always watch them sober and them under the influence of psychedelics.

In the movie Princess Mononoke:​

Princess_Mononoke_Japanese_poster.png

There is a type of spirit that lives in the forest and they are very iconic:
tenor.gif

This spirit is super interesting to me because it personifies one of the most fantastic aspects of our cognition system that is strongly highlighted during the psychedelic experience.

Whatever activity you engage in will be projected in your mind and this pattern (of the activity you are engaged in) will be highlighted in the outside world.

When the character is curious and suspicious the spirits will be suspicious and curious.

When the character is walking, the elves will be shown walking.

When the character is carrying someone, the spirits will be shown carrying each other.
i0q.gif

This happens because nature is a full bowl rich in patterns and humans are biologically programmed to find these patterns and bring them to consciousness.

Once you look for a pattern, your cognition will automatically highlight the incidences of this pattern on the elements of nature around you.

One way to induce your body to look for a pattern is to engage in a certain activity that has certain characteristics and these characteristics will be highlighted by your cognition system.

For example, if you are going through a hard time but are fighting to get back on your feet, you may see a tree that fell down but still continued growing and now is making its way back up.

trees-refuse-to-give-up-80-59847a0512658__700.jpg

How To Induce Insights​

Knowing this, the psychonaut may find certain activities to engage in that will highlight a certain kind of pattern and induce insights of a certain quality during the trip.

I think it is very hard to control what insights and epiphanies we will have, especially because insights and satori-like thoughts are unexpected and impossible to predict (by definition).

But we can induce a certain kind of pattern recognition.

For example, I like to go very far away from my home, consume the psychedelic substance and walk back home.

I plan the duration of the walk to be the most of the peak, ending the walk with me going home where I engage in creative flow-inducing activities, like drawing.

I do this because walking is a progressive activity that is cyclical (step after step) and persistent. In this way, my thoughts will follow the same pattern, cyclical and persistent, and I find this state of mind to be perfect for the kind of mental activity I'm interested in during a psychedelic experience.

When I arrive home I get comfortable and start drawing or playing video games. The important is that I get myself into a state of flow and that I continue the progressive and constructive pattern so that I can work on my thoughts in a way that is constructive and progressive.

I am posting here because I want to have more insights about this and I honestly think that psychonauts have a privileged perspective on this subject.

Have a good trip!

i disagree.

Best trips are complete darkness with all sensory information blocked out either a blacked out room or a blindfold with a high dose no watching tv or playing games and meditation in the darkness from the start of the trip through the peak with music guiding building up. Though my goals of a trip is to breakthrough to the other side on any substance where deeper insights are had. All that extra stuff just grounds the trip more into duality. I focus on non duality these days anything that further grounds the egoic self with more object-subject duality i try avoid.

i disagree.

Best trips are complete darkness with all sensory information blocked out either a blacked out room or a blindfold with a high dose no watching tv or playing games and meditation in the darkness from the start of the trip through the peak with music guiding building up. Though my goals of a trip is to breakthrough to the other side on any substance where deeper insights are had. All that extra stuff just grounds the trip more into duality. I focus on non duality these days anything that further grounds the egoic self with more object-subject duality i try avoid.
Well, my point was that if you want the trip to manifest in a certain way, you must engage in an activity of some type.

I like to trip in a lot of ways, depending on my objective. Sometimes I trip in the dark looking at the ceiling.

If I put myself in a certain environment, like in a dark room and I just lay down there thinking this is still an activity. I don't think you disagree with what I said, judging by your response.

that makes more sense. What insights do you strive for when walking?. Sometimes i just stare at the nature around 2-3 am when my peak kicks in and watch it dissolve into infinity on high doses though these days its just remeberin all the insights i already know since i thoroughly explored most regions of psychedelia space

that makes more sense. What insights do you strive for when walking?. Sometimes i just stare at the nature around 2-3 am when my peak kicks in and watch it dissolve into infinity on high doses though these days its just remeberin all the insights i already know since i thoroughly explored most regions of psychedelia space
Honestly, I usually don't look for anything in particular. It was more of an example. I tried mushrooms for the first time and went on the bicycle and I noticed that all my thoughts kind of followed the pattern of what I was doing in terms of rhythm, structure (circular), etc... and in other trips I sat down and looked at nature and whatever I was thinking of was reflected outside in the shapes of patterns that my brain would highlight.

Also in my first LSD trip, I sat on the toiled looking at a wooden door and everything I thought would be represented somehow in the shapes of the wood.
When I watched the movie I thought they were referring to this.

In practice I can never stay in a dark room, I think external input + using your body is necessary on most psychedelics.
I agree. I've tried the sleep mask/mindfold thing and meditation, no music and some music, no external input, etc and all I ever realise is that in the end I have to do something more. I wish I could meditate for a whole trip but the reality is I just rip the mask off and put on some soft lighting while listening to music/watching movies or something. Oscassionally I go outdoors.

i say heavy music heavy dose in the darkness at night maybe open the curtains to let some moon light in. I have a blessed view from my own room so i can stare outside my window at insane nature while tripping balls. on 200 ug with the right music i should be totally gone in a land far away while my body is here travelling the astral realm.

if you struggle meditating on psychedelics then just put this on while peaking and meditate to the beat of it you will be taken far out of your body and mind.

Last edited:
insights are connections that form in a balanced and exquisite clarity
they appear between the islands of experience and knowledge empowering you with some basic connections.

if you want to have such insights, make sure that you have well stocked islands of experience and knowledge within you.
(don't quit school too soon, but if you do quit school, get some really good illustrated science books, maybe study Latin - Chinese or something...)

This is great. I certainly would try this out. Thanks for the ideas.

Back in the day I always tripped lying down with my eyes closed, listening to music. As the years went on, gradually I felt I got all I really wanted to from that and now I much prefer to be out in the world, interacting with nature and with others. Psychedelics are about more than repeated ego death, to me the continual pursuit of that becomes detrimental. You only really need a few of those. Ego death can be an incredibly beneficial thing to experience in your life, it was for me. But life is about living inside the form you find yourself in, and understanding and embracing that.

I love Ghibli movies too. :)