• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What ruins an opiate buzz for you?

nothing ruins some opiate-induced euphoria or a good nod like someone bitching at you (ie gf/wife) or getting into a big argument...it just takes you out of that 'happy place' and into a different state of mind

NickNitro said:
Dumb ass people who say and believe dumb ass things about opiates..
"The time release is in the coating."
"OxyContin is wayyyyyyy worse than percocet."
"Theres no way people do over 160mg that shit'll kill you."

Or the worst...
"I dont like the way they make me feel."
YES you do like the way they make you feel, asshole.
HA HA HA That's great!!! I agree...

that is hilarious before i even opened this thread and was just thinking, damn nagging annoys me, i opened and see that i am not alone

well i dont really get a buzz kill when on opiates i just listen to my ipod and block out all the buzz kill. my favorite experience with opiates wats taking a 12 hydro 10/325 and down a 4 pack of red bull and played pool with my ipod of course, them after about 2-3 hours i would go lay down and stare at his ceiling fan for hours its the closest i can get to a speed ball bc i live in bum fucked egypt only drugs you can get around here are xanax lol 4$ for a 1mg. but i got my own rx for valium and temazepam

motherfuckers wanting to burn my ears out with nonsense talk. thank technology for mp3 players and large ear phones for such instances

edit : and bluelight of course ;)

when the opiate high wears off... that always pisses me off. why can't an oxycodone/morphine high last for say... like... a couple of years at a time? with no decrease in euphoria? LOL

when my friend slumped over, stopped breathing and turned blue the other day ... i backhanded him as hard as i could across the face and he was fine) but yeah talk about a buzzkill ... i was coming down from tripping on 4-ho-mipt also ... i'm a little bit traumatized from the experience honestly ... not the first OD i've seen but whilst tripping AND doped up it was a bit much ...

SomeKindaLove said:
when my friend slumped over, stopped breathing and turned blue the other day ... i backhanded him as hard as i could across the face and he was fine) but yeah talk about a buzzkill...

I'm straying OT, as my tale of a 'beaten back to consciousness' story wasn't opiate based but had to share.

After passing out in a cramped room (on the floor) whilst coming back to reality from a dissociative high, I somehow made my way through 10-15 bodies sleeping around me. When people woke up in the morning, I had managed to push the houseowner out of his bed and my friends tried waking me. I was breathing ok but they were having real trouble waking me.

From what I'm told, the majority of the guests were involved in kicking, poking and punching me with increasing vigour. I guess a few recognised the fact that I was still overly anaesthetised so it was (by all accounts) a line of guys/girls playing 'who can hit him hard enough to wake the guy'. When I woke up, people I'd never spoken to before were smiling at me and laughing. Whatever works I guess.

BTW - good spot with your unconscious friend. Unconventional but the speed of your actions clearly payed dividends.

I have a short temper on opiates, so getting pissed off is the worst buzzkill. Ill get really pissed at something or someone and all the adrenaline just owns my high. Thats gotta be the biggest opiate buzz ruiner for me. Well, that and naloxone!

"Getting hit by a car. You wont know what I mean unless its happened to you, but getting hit by a car fucks an opiate buzz. You'll sober up and relize your fucked and no amount of opiates is going to kill that mental pain"

Quoted directly from a good friend of mine. Shes not a member of BL but she wishes none of you experience her pain.

emjay said:
Harsh or shrill noises just drive me batshit insane when I'm on opiates.

yeah harsh or high pitched noises go through my head like a chainsaw when i'm on opiates.

nagging, or other irritable opiate users do it for me too.

after doing 5 or 6 bags of H

standing up ruined it

that was when i knew i had a problem , ha ;) enjoy it while you can.

I've noticed the worst buzzkill on an opiate high is when 1) you have a friend or girlfriend nagging you over some kind of bullshit, really brings your high down back to zero one 2) Realizing if you have a couple of bags/vicodin pils left wil immediatelly bring down the buzz really fast, especially that last dose you take before you know it's time to have to see the doctor again, get a refill or re-up on some bags.

Shit, usually the very last dose of let's say vicodin i take, sets me up for a bad mood because then all i can think of is "shit, i jus took my last dose, now all i can focus on is when will i have more vicodins/opitates...it's just plain sucks.

Yes, being in a quiet room, watching tv, listening to my CD's, that always helps torward a happier opiate experience....

If I am well high, nothing kills the buzz.

Crappy drugs = crappy feeling.

+1 for people who just have to constantly nag and complain about something or that ask you to do a million different things when your smacked . that is very fucking annoying and kills my buzz to a considerable degree .