• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What reagent tests ( Marquis, Mecke etc) really tell you:

Okay. I completely agree, and I'm sorry if I came off as argumentative. There should be no ID'ing of substances - just the idea of a sticky containing the relevant information seemed attractive to me. I think there might be a slight increase in the number of threads you'd have to close as ID threads but I think it could be worth it.

No no, we're (mostly) civil here :) nothing wrong with differing opinions haha :)

In the end, I'm not even an MED mod and my opinion on it holds as much weight as anyone else who's willing to present theirs maturely. I believe there's as much value/as little harm in providing a concise source for such information as there is in providing a colour chart/stating what reaction colour indicates what substance is present from test kits (sorry for the horrid sentence structure there, I hope it made sense lol).

Similar to mushroom ID requests in PD - nobody here is a qualified mycologist (even if someone is, too bad haha) - it isn't safe for someone to confirm the mushrooms in an image provided are safe to eat, and we don't want anyone to mislead someone unintentionally simply because they themselves can't say for sure. You could provide textbook-positive observations of habitat, spore print, dimensions, bruising, and images to back it up - still not quite our place to advise, on that off-chance we got it wrong (however such services can be found over at the shroomery haha).

I don't mind if my thoughts are seen as over the top and that I'm a bit of a dickhead, as long as it's at least somewhat understood where I'm coming from :)