• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What on earth is tramadol

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I've never had this one but I might soon. There's so much about his opioid that just does not entirely make sense to me (especially as a pain reliever). I know that it is far better for those with low tolerance to opioids. Someone with moderate oxy tolerance would probably not enjoy it? Or at least to the point that you one would have to cross the potential seizure threshold to the substance? Why on earth would anyone want to produce an opiate with a seizure component to begin with? What's the benefit? I've also heard contrasting takes on what tramadol is. Everyone regards it as an opioid, and yet I've heard it's also a stimulant and an antidepressant. I see no reason to take this for pain (or getting high) over anything else unless it's the only accessible method for either or.

It's a synthetic opioid that also effects the serotonin system. It's comparable to, and chemically related to codeine, it just doesn't come from the poppy plant. The stimulating effects could bother someone that has pre existing issues, but its generally pretty safe and mild. Unless you have a really big size tolerance, it should work for you if you take enough, just don't take a huge amount if you're not feeling it. It's just not that strong to begin with so you can only expect so much. If it works for you its as recreational as any other opioid imo.

I used to find it so good as a mood lift and for anxiety, I'd take about 6 sometimes 8 a day, 2 a time throughout the day till the mid afternoon then when the uplifting part wore off I was left gouchy like a downer, I couldn't take them to late or they kept me awake

It has SNRI qualitys too, the mixture was just really good for my brain chemistry and I got addicted to it, when I had to come off it it was horrible as its like coming off an opioid and an antidepressant at the same time, I recently took some again, I took 2 and didn't feel much so took 3 more a couple of hours after and the stimulating part so so horrible, fast heart, anxiety and restlessness that I flushed the other 5 away and won't touch it again, well I might not touch it again, my brain might change its mind looking for the feeling I used to get on it lol

Tramadol, or as I refer to it “Damn It All Tramadol”, because if that’s all I get from a doctor I say, “Damn It All”. Kratom is a much better opioid acting drug that’s legal in many countries and often sold in gas stations. Tramadol isn’t as strong of painkiller as kratom is. Tramadol also doesn’t play nice with any other drugs or even by itself. It lowers your seizure threshold a lot just by itself.

It’s not worth it that fact, and it doesn’t even have a decent high to risk the seizure potential. If you take anymore than 200 mg at time, you’re just asking to become violently ill. Even if you take less than that you could still end up puking your guts out for almost no gain.
Idk, it's hit or miss, some people like it, some people don't. Tramadol does have weird effects on some people, and it isn't super safe to mix it with other things. I never had a problem and I took more than 200mg a day plenty of times. I place tramadol, codeine, kratom, and hydrocodone in the same group of lower strength opioids.

Last edited:
Tramadol, or as I refer to it “Damn It All Tramadol”, because if that’s all I get from a doctor I say, “Damn It All”. Kratom is a much better opioid acting drug that’s legal in many countries and often sold in gas stations. Tramadol isn’t as strong of painkiller as kratom is. Tramadol also doesn’t play nice with any other drugs or even by itself. It lowers your seizure threshold a lot just by itself.

It’s not worth it that fact, and it doesn’t even have a decent high to risk the seizure potential. If you take anymore than 200 mg at time, you’re just asking to become violently ill. Even if you take less than that you could still end up puking your guts out for almost no gain.

Yeah, I'm already hooked on kratom4jesus. It might be about 4 years now. I have no idea how it got this far. Kratom was the one substance I absolutely could never kick. Out of all of them--fent, oxy/percocet, morphine, suboxone, subutex, and some questionable opiates.. kratom is the one withdrawal that is so frightening I can't get off it :mad: It's so funny how out of all the addictions one can accumulate, no one really knows which substance will have the biggest grip on the user.

I suppose I'll try it or not try it. So far it sounds like nothing special compared to what I've already experienced. I miss oxy.... lol. But who doesn't.

Depending on your body chemistry and if you have the right liver enzymes, tramadol can be a pretty decent opioid.

Tramadol itself is a parent drug and has very weak mu agonism. But when taken orally and converted by the liver, around 1.5hrs, it becomes O-desmethyltramadol and is a very decent opioid in my opinion. It also weakly releases serotonin (i.e. - meth, mdma) but is also a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin and norepinephrine. This is why you hear people referring to it as "stimulating".

Tramadol also has effects I believe on nicotine receptors, ndma receptors and some other obscure receptors that nobody talks about, which are unique to tramadol and not typical of other opiates or opioids. Some may find this dirties up the experience, but I actually enjoyed some of the unique characteristics.

O-desmethyltramadol is a full agonist at the mu-receptor. And kratom is only a partial agonist. So I don't agree with the person who said kratom was stronger than tramadol. Although it could be for people who lack the liver enzymes needed to convert it.

I was addicted to it for over 10 years. 400mg spread out through the day was my usual dose. Some times it had me nodding as hard as heroin (which I didn't get to try until later on in my opioid career). It made music sound incredible and gave me boundless energy as well.

Anything under 400mg either didn't work at all or had barely perceivable effects. I'm not sure why this was. Even when I would go through withdrawal and come back to it, I still had to go up to 400mg to get an effect.

So if you have a low tolerance and the right enzymes, tramadol can be pretty good.

I found now though after having done heroin and buprenorphine for years, that the magic to tramadol has some how disappeared (even with tolerance breaks). Maybe my liver changed as I got older or something, but it just doesn't hit me the same way it did when I was in my 20's. But I still have very very fond memories of things I use to do on tramadol. I absolutely loved it.

I also went through tramadol withdrawal every single month from the ages of 19 to 30. It is a horrible experience that goes beyond just the physical opioid symptoms. I felt like I was completely losing my mind on tramadol withdrawal. And to think most of those years, it was marketed as "non addictive". I don't regret my days on tramadol though. I think it's a complex synthetic opioid though and there are so many factors that can influence whether or not some one will have an enjoyable time with it, nothing or even a seizure.

Everyone is different though, so it's amazing how many differences there are among people trying the same drug.

Last edited:
and it doesn’t even have a decent high to risk the seizure potential

I agree with @deficiT here that it's hit or miss / different from individual to individual. Some people really seem to get a lot more out of it then others. I've had addictions to fairly heavy amounts of all sorts of opioids over the last ~20 years yet I still really enjoy the effects of tramadol. There is just something unique about it that tickles my brain just right. And despite a high opioid tolerance from years of use, I still find tramadol to hit decently strong even stilat low to moderate doses.

It's so funny how out of all the addictions one can accumulate, no one really knows which substance will have the biggest grip on the user.

Yep.

I always chuckle to myself when people say like "you shouldn't try xxx (stimulants, opioids, specific chemical, etc) if you have an addictive personality". Now, sure, if someone already knows they have an addictive personality then yes they should probably stay away from the more addictive drugs if they don't want problems (duh)

However, I think most users eventually stumble across one drug or one class of drugs that they find they are particularly susceptible to addiction to. And most of the time, I think, they learn about this the hard way. Just like where somebody is about to try a new drug for the first time and they say "I should be fine to try this drug I've never used before because I've used x, y and z and never had a problem with addiction".

My first time trying tramadol was a complete miss, felt near nothing... Wrote it off.

Then I was in withdrawal from Suboxone one time, was drinking down 50g kratom a day plus snorting high potency kratom extract, and loperamide with little relief. That was until I had 100mg tramadol, and for the first time during that WD I felt not only OK but GOOD!

Ever since tramadol works really well and I can only guess buprenorphine changed my biochemistry in some way. Works well while on bupe too.

-GC

I agree with @deficiT here that it's hit or miss / different from individual to individual. Some people really seem to get a lot more out of it then others. I've had addictions to fairly heavy amounts of all sorts of opioids over the last ~20 years yet I still really enjoy the effects of tramadol. There is just something unique about it that tickles my brain just right. And despite a high opioid tolerance from years of use, I still find tramadol to hit decently strong even stilat low to moderate doses.

Yep.

I always chuckle to myself when people say like "you shouldn't try xxx (stimulants, opioids, specific chemical, etc) if you have an addictive personality". Now, sure, if someone already knows they have an addictive personality then yes they should probably stay away from the more addictive drugs if they don't want problems (duh)

However, I think most users eventually stumble across one drug or one class of drugs that they find they are particularly susceptible to addiction to. And most of the time, I think, they learn about this the hard way. Just like where somebody is about to try a new drug for the first time and they say "I should be fine to try this drug I've never used before because I've used x, y and z and never had a problem with addiction". vb.

I know heroin's reputation lol. Was a different guy living in the city. I put heroin up the snorty snort twice and I thought it sucked and lacked the euphoria of opioids. Meanwhile, my junkie roomate broke up what looked like a whole crack rock of heroin and snorted all of it loving it, lol..

I'm not sure why it was in the form of a rock which became powder. Definitely H. Out of all the opies I've tried on my lack of career, I think the best it will ever get for me is the classic blue roxies. Yellow endocet a classic 2nd. I still would like to try tramadol just to see what everyone is describing. It seems to be rare, though. Ironically oxycodone and percocet is really all you can get unless you're trying to score heroin and shoot it up. But the prices doubled... I still dream about the days when I could buy so much percocet and then trap myself into horrendous withdrawals back and forth.

I've never had this one but I might soon. There's so much about his opioid that just does not entirely make sense to me (especially as a pain reliever). I know that it is far better for those with low tolerance to opioids. Someone with moderate oxy tolerance would probably not enjoy it? Or at least to the point that you one would have to cross the potential seizure threshold to the substance? Why on earth would anyone want to produce an opiate with a seizure component to begin with? What's the benefit? I've also heard contrasting takes on what tramadol is. Everyone regards it as an opioid, and yet I've heard it's also a stimulant and an antidepressant. I see no reason to take this for pain (or getting high) over anything else unless it's the only accessible method for either or.
With moderate oxy tolerance, what do you mean?

When I did 80mg of Oxy each morning, I ate a blister of 200mg Trams when I was out one day, crushed up and shit - I felt nothing but a bit of nausea and keeping withdrawal at bay.

It's adequate at managing mild to very moderate pain, it has excellent anti-depressive mechanisms and yes, it's a bit more stimulating than Oxy.

When I ate it, if I sat down, I would nod off. If I got up, I could walk and talk shit for hours.

Regarding seizures; I've had them, despite taking stupid amounts, but I have a friends whos had plenty, and I've seen a few.
Horrifying shit, tread with ease.
And some people will say that eating Valium or K-pins before helps.
IT DOES NOT. IT DOES JACK-SHIT.

You'll probably be disappointed going from Oxy to Trams.

Tramadol works well for some people who are efficient metabolizers of it, which produces a lot of o-desmethyltrsmsdol which is s much nicer opioid. For those who do not metabolize it well, it is weak and not that great. Like myself, I seem to be a poor metabolizer and can take 500mg and not even get much, and no seizures. A buddy of mine takes 150mg and finds it almost too much and absolutely loves it.

I know heroin's reputation lol. Was a different guy living in the city. I put heroin up the snorty snort twice and I thought it sucked and lacked the euphoria of opioids. Meanwhile, my junkie roomate broke up what looked like a whole crack rock of heroin and snorted all of it loving it, lol..

I'm not sure why it was in the form of a rock which became powder. Definitely H. Out of all the opies I've tried on my lack of career, I think the best it will ever get for me is the classic blue roxies. Yellow endocet a classic 2nd. I still would like to try tramadol just to see what everyone is describing. It seems to be rare, though. Ironically oxycodone and percocet is really all you can get unless you're trying to score heroin and shoot it up. But the prices doubled... I still dream about the days when I could buy so much percocet and then trap myself into horrendous withdrawals back and forth.

Depending on where you live, many types of heroin come in rock form.

If you're in the states, the west coast usually gets black tar heroin (or so they use to anyway), but the east coast and midwest had plenty of rock/powder heroin when I was using it. The rocks came in all kinds of colors too, from light tan, to brown & dark brown and white and even green & blue. I snorted too and always in raw form (no cuts) and it never burned and some times smelled heavily of vinegar (the acetic acid).

You might have had shitty heroin too if those were only times trying it. When moisture gets into heroin rocks/powder it can cause it to revert back to morphine, which isn't very good snorted.

IME tramadol has been truly magical, especially associated with weed. I started with 150mg and was blasted off by how happy i was.
I could go through the day and work work work with a smile on my face :)
same here. I used to take low doses and smoke a joint. Felt the same way. Trams were the only thing around when people started losing their oxy and vicodin scripts.

200 mg of tramadol and a nice indica felt ALMOST as good as a blue.

same here. I used to take low doses and smoke a joint. Felt the same way. Trams were the only thing around when people started losing their oxy and vicodin scripts.

200 mg of tramadol and a nice indica felt ALMOST as good as a blue.
it's weird cause it kinda made me feel more like ecstacy ... i don't know why but it reminded me clearly of my first experiences with mdma

With moderate oxy tolerance, what do you mean?

When I did 80mg of Oxy each morning, I ate a blister of 200mg Trams when I was out one day, crushed up and shit - I felt nothing but a bit of nausea and keeping withdrawal at bay.

It's adequate at managing mild to very moderate pain, it has excellent anti-depressive mechanisms and yes, it's a bit more stimulating than Oxy.

When I ate it, if I sat down, I would nod off. If I got up, I could walk and talk shit for hours.

Regarding seizures; I've had them, despite taking stupid amounts, but I have a friends whos had plenty, and I've seen a few.
Horrifying shit, tread with ease.
And some people will say that eating Valium or K-pins before helps.
IT DOES NOT. IT DOES JACK-SHIT.

You'll probably be disappointed going from Oxy to Trams.
Is 80mg of oxy really that much? I find 240mg of DHC does more than 80mg of oxy. I've not used that much oxy for more than a day or 2, and usually just stick to 20-30mg though so maybe long term use is different. But even when I've been on +500mg of DHC a day for long periods I could still feel even just 100mg of Tramadol. I seem to just get the ssri/snri effects though, with almost no opioid feelings other than removal of WDs.

Is 80mg of oxy really that much? I find 240mg of DHC does more than 80mg of oxy. I've not used that much oxy for more than a day or 2, and usually just stick to 20-30mg though so maybe long term use is different. But even when I've been on +500mg of DHC a day for long periods I could still feel even just 100mg of Tramadol. I seem to just get the ssri/snri effects though, with almost no opioid feelings other than removal of WDs.
YEAH 80mg in one go for someone like you who has a tolerance of 20-30mg, is way too much oxy, nothing like 240mg of DHC haha

YEAH 80mg in one go for someone like you who has a tolerance of 20-30mg, is way too much oxy, nothing like 240mg of DHC haha
I was speaking from experience. What I meant was I can take 80mg of oxy and feel less than on 240mg of DHC. Maybe I'm different but oxy just doesn't do it for me. I've taken 80mg as a single dose more than once, from several legit sources (I'm in the UK).
The 20-30mg I usually stick to is for analgesia not recreation ...... haha

I was speaking from experience. What I meant was I can take 80mg of oxy and feel less than on 240mg of DHC. Maybe I'm different but oxy just doesn't do it for me. I've taken 80mg as a single dose more than once, from several legit sources (I'm in the UK).
The 20-30mg I usually stick to is for analgesia not recreation ...... haha
you must be naturally tolerant or something then, that's a lot of oxy :eek: