• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin What kind of heroin is available in Australia?

I can name 1 drug that effectively treats fentanyl dependence (it's x20 M but the KEY is that it binds to that extra site that other substitution medicines do not. It was widely used in The Netherlands BUT 1 accidental poisoning saw it banned. Now while a terrible accident, 1 doesn't seem sufficient to stop all use of an effective treatment. I sense that it was used as an excuse to ban the stuff. It's not THAT costly - it's potency overcomes the higher costs.

An then of course the O-acetyl derivative of R-4066 which is x212 M, binds to that extra site and has such a long duration that it can be given to clients 3 times a week. It IS costly, but given the potency, it's still cheaper than methadone.

Of course, aMF IS orally active and amenable to producing a prodrug that would allow it to be given once a day.

In short, politicians don't want to spend ANY money on treating addiction. I mean, the Swiss found that overall, giving people heroin free was an overall saving. Crimes related to drugs (such as burglary) went down by 95% so insurance premiums went down. People getting seriously ill likewise went down saving their health system VAST amounts.

But it's such an easy target for popularist politicians to claim that drug addicts are costing a nation some HUGE amount of money... they NEED those crimes as it forms the basis of their entire political career.

Since the US blocked the widespread use of opioids - suddenly millions of otherwise law abiding citizens were flung into the position of having no option but to buy street drugs. The Sackler family took as much money out of their business as possible and went bankrupt to avoid having to pay the true cost.

Since they KNEW of the overprescribing and the method by which they sold the medicine should have seen criminal law being involved and them being stripped of their wealth and imprisoned.

But they are to politically connected. They are above the law.

how they deal with people who are addicted to thing with the potency of fent and its analogs

Well, prevention is the best line of defense. Is it a coincidence that Aus and NZ have the strongest border security in the world, and we have zero fent, or close to it? Just by that, 'we' are far more 'progressive' than Canada in that we stop people dying in the first place by not letting that shit into the country. Hell, it was national news when a couple of kids did 'coke' and got fent'ed(didn't die, I don't think). Even my girlfriends boomer parents knew about the fent coke going around(and they don't even drink!).
We also have an 'OK' drug rehab/methadone system. I know people who have been through it, people who have worked in it and so on. Could do with more funding but I think thats universal. But yeah our police/border/news/drug agencies do a good job of alerting the public about fent related OD or if it has appeared in tests from cops confiscating stuff and so on.

Well Australia has what seems to be a very discerning user-base and mostly among people who can afford their DOC,

But knowing those prices, I cannot help thinking that criminals will WANT to take some of that market. Not rubbish like fentanyl, but other, equally high-potency opioids that represent a higher profit margin.

Would the average user even notice that they were injecting chloromorphide instead of heroin. I've tried both (snorted) and I couldn't tell the difference... apart from the bump of chloromorphide was tiny.

Sooner or later we will see Afghan production shift from heroin to chloromorphide. It takes 1 extra chemical (or, rather, one change of chemical) and you have something x5 more potent that users accept and that instantly means that only 1/5th the amount of opium is needed.

In fact, I wonder if the Afghan's avoid chlorocodide because it would cause a price crash?

Never mind, someone with pure H could instantly increase their profits x5.

This is 1935 chemistry! I'm not blabbing a secret. CM has an onset and duration the same as smack and so UNLESS the laws make it a drug that is specifically liable to more prison-time, it's only a matter of people knowing HOW it's made. Hint - a bucket is a fine reaction vessel.

Yeah we have great stuff here but it’s really expensive it’s $100 for a deal. Probably $50 for a deal in Melbourne and Sydney but from where I’m from regional Vic it’s $100 for a deal.

Just up until a year or so ago the deals were .4. But now there’s definitely a shortage where I’m from and the $100 deals are 1 point now.

It’s ridiculous but it is really good stuff. China white rocks it comes in. But it’s a terrible habit to get yourself into and it will flip your life upside down and take your loved ones from you if they’re not careful.

Last edited:
Wow those are ridiculous prices.

Been about 8 months since I had any, then recently bought .6 for $50 bux in North Sydney and it was a waste of money.

Are dealers only sorting individual doses now? I asked for a half gram, he said old mate only does 50s weighed out as .6

In a different circle I was getting a point for 50, and almost a decade ago a half gram would be $150 tops.

Am I just behind the times ?

Been about 8 months since I had any, then recently bought .6 for $50 bux in North Sydney and it was a waste of money.

Are dealers only sorting individual doses now? I asked for a half gram, he said old mate only does 50s weighed out as .6

In a different circle I was getting a point for 50, and almost a decade ago a half gram would be $150 tops.

Yeah makes you not even want to do it anymore. Picked up a half gram yesterday for $350 it’s Double Dragon they were calling it. Been getting me stoned as

Am I just behind the times

I’m not to sure I think it’s just a coincidence. Was this on the street or at someone’s house? Sounds like you just asked for a half gram and because he had a bunch of 50s to sell he just said take one of these .6s.

And yeah I think the prices would go up and down with the times changing and different drugs becoming more popular.

We still have a very good heroin trade in Australia it’s just very expensive. But it’s good stuff consistently. Always been the same type of gear and it’s never really been cut with fentanyl or something like that.

Is anyone cutting gear with Fentanyl over in Sydney?

35 years ago really good heroine was a dollar a gram in my country.
I have no idea what the rates are but the other day I heard a packet of weed I used to pay 50 cents for is now selling for 100$

35 years ago really good heroine was a dollar a gram in my country.
I have no idea what the rates are but the other day I heard a packet of weed I used to pay 50 cents for is now selling for 100$
1g of smack for a dollar??????
How is that even possible? That is the price of Heroin that you pay in the country of origin (last time I checked you get a gram of heroin for anywhere between 1 and 2 dollar in afghanistan).
Or am I misunderstanding something here?

35 years ago there was a war in the country of origin. The Mujahideen needed weapons, growers couldn't reach their usual markets and so the ONLY option was to sell it locally. Also, inflation?

If you haven't seen an Afghan with a serious H problem, you really have no idea. People would line up multiple barrels and shoot them all (thanks to the Soviets bringing syringes).

The Pul-e-Sukhta Bridge is still infamous today.

35 years ago there was a war in the country of origin. The Mujahideen needed weapons, growers couldn't reach their usual markets and so the ONLY option was to sell it locally. Also, inflation?

If you haven't seen an Afghan with a serious H problem, you really have no idea. People would line up multiple barrels and shoot them all (thanks to the Soviets bringing syringes).

The Pul-e-Sukhta Bridge is still infamous today.
ive seen some video from there with the saddest fucking six or seven year old afghan boy just like, shootin grams of pure in these giant ass dull/filthy syringes *shudder*
and the rehabs they took these guys too -- just a fucking unairconditioned room like a cell with a prayer mat, quran, stool and like -- that's it. ffs. brutal

ive seen some video from there with the saddest fucking six or seven year old afghan boy just like, shootin grams of pure in these giant ass dull/filthy syringes *shudder*
and the rehabs they took these guys too -- just a fucking unairconditioned room like a cell with a prayer mat, quran, stool and like -- that's it. ffs. brutal

They do have methadone, but not much I suspect not many producers would supply the Taliban. Matt Southwell went over for six months to train up HR workers, but the Taliban has made them have to keep a low profile (and obviously do the work in their spare time).

But the bridges... how do people get so low? No hope.

I note both in the UK and The Netherlands, the MEDIAN purity of H was over 50% but the people I know get lumps (not a powder, a lump) of brown smoking heroin which has a median purity of 78% but don't forget that the other 22% is mostly 3 & 6 monoacetyl morphine, codeine, thebaine and other poppy alkaloids. This uncut-to-street is rapidly becoming the norm. People do not trust powder - they want something they feel cannot have been cut (except at source).

Interestingly, by weight, dry amps of pharmaceutical diamorphine are worth LESS. A 100mg dry amp is worth £10 (which would make a gram about $160). I asked why and people said that brown heroin was 'warmer' or 'more satisfying'.
I also wondered where I would look to find a comprehensive list of opioids controlled in Australia. I mean, did U-47700 turn up with you guys? It's x3.3 (100%) heroin and the IV rush is better (according to people I know who IV)

You are kidding yourself if you think the median purity of H in the UK is 50%.
Probably more like 20%.

Most dealers when they get their stuff it won't be stronger than 40-50%. Then they cut it with caffeine and paracetamol probably 2:1 if not 3:1.

Unless your buying off the darkweb very unlikely you're getting 78% pure #3 in the UK.

I'd already looked at that before posting.

There is nothing in the collum for median uk purity for the last 3 years or more.

If you think heroin at street level in the UK is on average 50% you are fucking kidding yourself. I know cos I've had actually pure #3 heroin off the darknet that was washed to its max purity. The stuff on the streets is not half that pure even. Even going to big dealers, it isn't close to the max purity, because even the people who wholesale cut it.

Well I can only speak of where I live, but it's been getting purer every year - as the data shows. And it does show retail purity which is much higher than 20%.

I guess if you are buying £10 bags (or now even £5 bags) it will be very poor, but most of the people who are serious H users are buying grams.

I'm afraid I was just TOLD by the local HR agency, so I can't show you a document. But they seem aware of what's going on and I doubt they would lie to me - I do some technical stuff for them so they WANT me to have the right data. BUT I will ask if they can at least show me their qualitative analysis data.

Well I can only speak of where I live, but it's been getting purer every year - as the data shows. And it does show retail purity which is much higher than 20%.

I guess if you are buying £10 bags (or now even £5 bags) it will be very poor, but most of the people who are serious H users are buying grams.

I'm afraid I was just TOLD by the local HR agency, so I can't show you a document. But they seem aware of what's going on and I doubt they would lie to me - I do some technical stuff for them so they WANT me to have the right data. BUT I will ask if they can at least show me their qualitative analysis data.

As what data shows? I literally checked every form of purity reports on heroin for the last 3 years there is no data there on emcdda.

Nobody I know buys £10 bags. The minimum you can buy here is a half gramme for £20. It's still decent quality around my ends aswell compared to most I'm told. Which ties up with my experience of other cities not being as good.

The kilo blocks coming into the country aren't 78% in many cases. Once they hit the dealers hands they get cut either 1:1 at best, or more likely 2 or 3 to one by the time your buying a £20 bag on the street.

The only way the mean purity of heroin anywhere in the UK is 50%, is if they are counting all the seizures of weight from the likes of encrochat people alongside seizures from street level (there were alot of busts further up the food line in the last 2 years).