• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is your opinion of 5-HTP?

dont forget your antioxidants guys :)
Q 10 , ALA, and those little vitamines make you feel good along with 5-htp. 5 htp alone make you feel normal.
me too btw, i will NEVER pill again without those.
getting prozac soon asweel....hopefully
frown.gif

its been hard.
------------------
If you think life is really good, wait till you hear the REMIX!

I don't think there is a point to talking about feeling immediate positive effects from 5-HTP. The fact is that it is replacing serotonin that you have lost while rolling and therefore medically at least it's going to be good for you. Who cares whether it improves, dulls or otherwise sends your roll tripping to the moon. Bluelight is a safety site not a "let's see how I can make the drugs more powerfull" site. It doesn't hurt to take it and at best it's doing some good.
smile.gif

Addicted to Bass:
If my memory serves me correctly 5htp is of no use for preloading IF you wait at least 3-4 weeks before dropping. Eg if you fully deplete your serotonin it will take a minimum of about 3 weeks to fully restore your normal serotonin levels, so if after this time you decide to pre load with 5htp it should have minimal if any benificial effects.
My experience definitely contradicts this opinion. Everyone's natural serotonin levels can be slightly different, so of course it will effect people differently (just as some people benefit from vitamins and some don't). I usually have a 3 month break and I still find 5htp makes a huge difference as a pre and post load. I agree that the preload aspect is not really about harm reduction, but it bugs me so much when people refuse to admit that for some people it makes a major difference.
And as everyone else says, you don't realise how beneficial it is as a postload until you don't have it. I don't think I've had one headache on a comedown since I've used 5htp.
I wonder if it doesn't do as much for newbies as they may not get a bad comedown anyway?
And what to eat? Absolutely nothing before. Sugary lollies through the night. Really depends what you mean by feeling unwell. Do you normally feel unwell through the night? Or just the comeon or comedown?
[This message has been edited by *chaoscat* (edited 17 October 2001).]

I maybe wrong Chaoscat, I can't remember where I got the info from so it may just be my imagination, and yes its gonna effect everyone differently. I guess its also gonna depend on weather or not you fully deplete your serotonin as well.
Regardless I reccomend 5htp to anyone who pills regularly and I'm sure even the occasional users will find it usefull! weather or not it makes you feel any different it is probably helping you!