• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

what is your heritage? (what nationality are you?)

xenon

Bluelighter
What is your heritage?

Being about as Aussie as they come, I've always been a wee bit envious of people who hail from exotic locales, speak foreign languages, were born in any other country etc.

So what is your heritage? Where do you hail from? Do you speak any foreign languages?

I am of Irish, British, Scottish, and Welsh decent.
One branch of my family can be traced back to the Isle of Man when it was settled by vikings.
Apparently there was a midget somewhere in my family she was in the circus, the story goes that she ran away and opened a bakery with the "strongest man".
Maybe that explains my crazy family these days:)

yeah, dad's parents irish, mum's parents english. I do german (fourth year now), no german heritage at all, no idea where my family came from

edit: fixed typo

im a New Zealander, with a bit of maori in me, and english as the rest. So im built big, but a pasty bastard. :(

I was born in poland and came to australia when i was four years old. I speak polish aswell :)

xenon, you said about as aussie as they come...
i am 7 generations victorian. its a rather exclusive group actually.
and, i am 1/16 indigenous.

As English as they come :) Somewhere a few generations back there's a tiny bit of Spanish and some Irish but generally I'm totally from English stock.

bonjour`!- je vous aime!! ;):)

I love the french, they smell beautiful, they have great taste and fantastic food. I was in paris last year and it was such an awesome place.

My father is German, and travelled the world doing martial arts. My mum is Chinese and they both emmigrated to Australia in the 70's or something. I can speak very little of alot of languages, which is basically pointless.

I also wish I had some sort of exotic heritage. Alas I'm about as Australian as someone can come.

birth certificate says aussie..

mum's english..

dads austrian...

going back only three of generations, on mum's side there are english, french, irish and scottish... one of my scottish ancestors invited a whole clan to a cave for a meeting, then sealed them in and killed off an entire clan...

on dad's side there are german and dutch ancestors (thanks to the dutch for the fucked up surname... :X ) my late grandfather surved in the german army during wwII, pretty high up... he was a very angry man...

given this kinda heritage, its surprising im such a calm young boy... :)

but i wanna celebrate my heritage by getting the scottish tattoo on the top of my arm, surrounded by a celtic symbol linked to the family.... just gotta get the balls to get it done.... 8o

product of Scotland and England

and ach, i canne speak nay other language eh

I'm half Greek and half Macedonian - and if anyone knows about their quarrels, I'm a very confused individual.

I speak both :)

i'm first genration of polish immigrants. I don't think anyone in my entire family is anything but Polish.
And yeah i can speak it too, writing and reading can suck at times

My grandpa on Dad's side was the only grandparent born overseas. On Dad's side there's Russian. Mum's side were Irish.

I really need to find out a little more about how we got here n all that :)

my mum's aussie for a fair way back, but my dad was born in holland. he doesn't really know or talk much about it though, so i don't really get much of that cultured kind of feeling, unfortunately.

wish i had french parents :)

Mostly Aussie, though my mother has some German in her :)

shals :D

Parents are both Croatian. I can speak, read and write but my vocabulary is steadily getting smaller - time for a visit to brush up on the language skills.

Great combo Haste, did both sides of the family have to be segregated at family functions?

My parents are both born Chilean, having lived in Argentina for like 75% of their lives. Dad traces back to Colombia and Spain, Mum has some Chilean aboriginal blood in her, the rest is distant Spanish

That accounts for tanning easy and for my surname =]

My family on both sides came to Australia in the early 1800s, so I'm about 8th generation South Australian or something (no convicts here!). Before that they hailed from Northern Ireland and Cornwall, where they all mined copper. And before that, Dad's family can be traced back to a group of notorious Spanish pirates called the Mulraneys (sp). They moved to Ireland to escape all the people who wanted to kill them, apparently.