• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What is your favorite HEALTHY munchie food?

Everyone's probably gonna think this is weird but I LOVE to eat limes.
I eat them the way people eat oranges lol
I know they're not the healthiest food in the world but they sure are mighty tasty. =D

Haha, what an old thread to bring back from the archives!

Frozen grapes are awesome... I put a dark purple bunch in the freezer the day before and voila....it's like a super healthy popsicle treat.
^I do this a lot as well. Works so well being in humid QLD.

..wasabi peas :)
^Wasabi peas ftmfw.

i like celery sticks with peanut butter spread down the middle, yum!
^LOVE this. :D

dried fruit, esp Turkish smyrna figs, cherries and cranberries
^Mm, I adore all dried fruits too. I especially love dried banana. Different to banana chips that are generally done in oil, dried banana is chewy and healthy and absolutely delis!

If I'm rich and don't care about my teeth, dried goji berries. When broke(most of the time), small red apples. If I really need the energy I'll have a banana because it's so starchy. When not eating fruit a healthy snack I opt for are nuts and seeds. Of course my usual "snack" is espresso with sugar and cream, which isn't tooooooooooo healthy I suppose but does the trick. ;)

My munchie food weakness are eggrolls... the fried kind.... :eek:

YUM! I've found two places that have this on there menu but haven't found soya beans raw in the pod yet in any supermarkets. Asian groceries I guess.... if anyone in Brisbane has a source hook me up!

^I don't think I've ever tried them, but they're mentioned everywhere I look! I must try them one day soon. :)

For the past few weeks I've been eating goji berries like there's no tomorrow. They're so yummy that I really can't stop eating them. An added benefit to eating them is that they're full of beta-carotene, all 8 essential amino acids, and trace minerals.

Some other snacky foods that I like eating are dried mangoes, and pumpkin seeds. :)

MMmmm Goji berries are great! Unique taste. They are super expensive here, or so I thought, until I discovered they are also called Chinese Wolfberry and much cheaper in some asian supermarkets!

YUM! I've found two places that have this on there menu but haven't found soya beans raw in the pod yet in any supermarkets. Asian groceries I guess.... if anyone in Brisbane has a source hook me up!

^I don't think I've ever tried them, but they're mentioned everywhere I look! I must try them one day soon. :)

Well look what I've found! This is from another forum I'm on for Brisbane people. I remember this question coming up a few weeks ago and I just looked to check the results:

It looks like fresh edamame is a rare beast indeed in Brisbane!
However, I found frozen edamame at 'Green on Gladstone', which is a little Asian grocer on Gladstone Rd, Highgate Hill (corner of Blakeney St). As well as edamame, they also have umeboshi, which was a double score; and they have quite an extensive range of instant rice noodles, which makes me very happy.

So there you go! I was talking to the lady in the shop, they get edamame in regularly because it's hard to find in Brisbane and people want it - so it's apparently quite a reliable supply.

Nice detective work there, thanks COTB <3

They serve at the Alibi Room on Brunswick St, half way along towards New Farm Park. I asked the chef there once where he got it and he said one of the groceries in the chinatown mall but I haven't seen it there yet. I'll keep the Highgate Hill place in mind :)

I really love trail mix. Raw fruits and veggies are also a pretty easy healthy way to go. I also make a really good whole wheat banana bread that has no butter and no sugar in it. If you are interested I can send you the recipe.

Apples are amazing high... they feel like meaty kinda its so tasty.

And strawberrys with a bit of sugar = amazing

I really love trail mix. Raw fruits and veggies are also a pretty easy healthy way to go. I also make a really good whole wheat banana bread that has no butter and no sugar in it. If you are interested I can send you the recipe.

Trail mix eh?
Id love to try that recipe! Is it relatively easy coz I'm a pretty awful cook

Wasabi Peas! Entire bag = no taste left for anything else though hehe.

QFE.

I like me some lowfat unsalted cottage cheese, very much the acquired taste.

Peanuts (dry roasted) and clementines rule too.