• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried saving some mints, I made it til 2015 where I couldn’t help but eat my last one. They were just too good :). That said, I feel the product I’ve been getting since then has been equally as good for the most part.

Haha Le Junk would be burnt out quick from this endeavor I’m sure.

-GC

Would you consider the mints as "magic" ?

Would you consider the mints as "magic" ?

Most definitely, this conversation has been around for awhile and even back then people thought they were special. As we used to say back then “they were a different synth.”

I never had a bad/lackluster mint experience even when I took too little.

The one thing with mints though is they did have some mixes. They liked to add MDA, and I swear one yellow blank I had might’ve had a tiny meth in it (like the perfect amount, we couldn’t tell until it was 10hrs later and sleep wasn’t coming easy, not overly stimmed) but they knew how to put the perfect dosages.

One festival I remember taking 180mg shard MD accidentally at once the first night and was floored but the next night took some mints and even 1 1/2 spread out hit me in such a better way. (at most 150mg total that night)

I watched whole friend groups form and die with those pills. There was so much love that emanated from those things. I’d pay top dollar just to have a couple of any of them.

When they left something changed, I still had access to quality but a lot didn’t and there wasn’t that carefree no fucks given attitude anymore. I began to feel a lot more alone in my mindset at events. Probably part of the reason I usually dose my whole friend group when we go to anything together these days, I enjoy vibing with those around me.

I can never say enough good things about those pills. 120-140mg pill with 90-120mg MDMA in them they were as close to pure pressed MDMA as it got, just enough filler to barely keep them together.

Part of me sometimes wonders if the MDA had a part in it all. MDA is common around me, and I’ve found through my own experience a 4:1 ratio MDMA:MDA can produce some amazing experiences.

One things for sure, all substances put into the mints were of absolutely stellar purity. Only the early ones smell of sass but later on there were beyond pure, no sass smell.

Some said they were a group of hippies doing it for the love, others said the polish mafia, whoever you were please come back.

MDA while not as good for music events sometimes definitely brings more love to the experience for others. I can’t tell you how much time I’ve lost chatting shit, massaging, fucking, chatting more shit, getting hella confused, ah I love MDMA/MDA combo.

-GC

Most definitely, this conversation has been around for awhile and even back then people thought they were special. As we used to say back then “they were a different synth.”

I never had a bad/lackluster mint experience even when I took too little.

The one thing with mints though is they did have some mixes. They liked to add MDA, and I swear one yellow blank I had might’ve had a tiny meth in it (like the perfect amount, we couldn’t tell until it was 10hrs later and sleep wasn’t coming easy, not overly stimmed) but they knew how to put the perfect dosages.

One festival I remember taking 180mg shard MD accidentally at once the first night and was floored but the next night took some mints and even 1 1/2 spread out hit me in such a better way. (at most 150mg total that night)

I watched whole friend groups form and die with those pills. There was so much love that emanated from those things. I’d pay top dollar just to have a couple of any of them.

When they left something changed, I still had access to quality but a lot didn’t and there wasn’t that carefree no fucks given attitude anymore. I began to feel a lot more alone in my mindset at events. Probably part of the reason I usually dose my whole friend group when we go to anything together these days, I enjoy vibing with those around me.

I can never say enough good things about those pills. 120-140mg pill with 90-120mg MDMA in them they were as close to pure pressed MDMA as it got, just enough filler to barely keep them together.

Part of me sometimes wonders if the MDA had a part in it all. MDA is common around me, and I’ve found through my own experience a 4:1 ratio MDMA:MDA can produce some amazing experiences.

One things for sure, all substances put into the mints were of absolutely stellar purity. Only the early ones smell of sass but later on there were beyond pure, no sass smell.

Some said they were a group of hippies doing it for the love, others said the polish mafia, whoever you were please come back.

MDA while not as good for music events sometimes definitely brings more love to the experience for others. I can’t tell you how much time I’ve lost chatting shit, massaging, fucking, chatting more shit, getting hella confused, ah I love MDMA/MDA combo.

-GC

And your magic product now...also from the same area as mints?

And your magic product now...also from the same area as mints?

More or less.. (Midwest) I shop around a bit too. I can be kinda an ass at festivals cuz I’ll ask to see someone’s product, test it (tests legit) and I still say no thanks lol. I’ve got my eye out for something particular, and it’s not a brown clump.

-GC

Last edited:
Those Mints sound like the Stunners that went around this area in 2001. Everyone always had a good time on the Stunners, whether they took 1/2 or 3 or more. They were pink pills, with a #1 and 3 stars on the front. They went by "Stunner" "#1" and "Superstar." I always thought that the singer Pink referenced them in her song, "Get the Party Started" (released that same year). She sang, "License plate says stunner, #1, superstar" giving all three names for the pill before launching into her "I'm Coming Up" chorus.

Looking at reddit I saw this picture which I think really again shows what good pure product these days looks like.

This being an example of what not to buy lol.

-GC

But even that picture of "super clean" doesn't look too far off from what I've gotten the past two years. The crystal structure is only slightly more defined and clear, and it's missing the grey/blue tint that I've seen, but besides that, it looks really similar.

But even that picture of "super clean" doesn't look too far off from what I've gotten the past two years. The crystal structure is only slightly more defined and clear, and it's missing the grey/blue tint that I've seen, but besides that, it looks really similar.

As in, you've gotten shit that looks like that, but is meh?

Those Mints sound like the Stunners that went around this area in 2001. Everyone always had a good time on the Stunners, whether they took 1/2 or 3 or more. They were pink pills, with a #1 and 3 stars on the front. They went by "Stunner" "#1" and "Superstar." I always thought that the singer Pink referenced them in her song, "Get the Party Started" (released that same year). She sang, "License plate says stunner, #1, superstar" giving all three names for the pill before launching into her "I'm Coming Up" chorus.

Besides the Pink anecdote, which is really cool btw (though i wonder if the pill pressers are the ones that were inspired to make "pink" pills in reference) something interesting here is how the general talk these days about mdma seems to be that you need to pass the threshhold amount, or else it can make you irritated and just give you anxiety. Its kind of similar to reports about 6-APB, where it is important you hit the threshold amount get you "in".

Interestingly, 5MAPB is more like what you described with the stunners. Any amount you take will be good, just at a lower scale, which seems like how the stunners were....and how magic is supposed to be?

Last edited:
Looking at reddit I saw this picture which I think really again shows what good pure product these days looks like.
I had some stuff from a vendor who claims it is what goes into the Qdance pills. Looked fantastic, clean crystals, and was about the meh'ist I've had. Which I guess does support the qdance claim

As in, you've gotten shit that looks like that, but is meh?

Close to that, yes. I could try and pull out my DSLR and get some good photos of the various batches I have, if pushed enough.

I had some stuff from a vendor who claims it is what goes into the Qdance pills. Looked fantastic, clean crystals, and was about the meh'ist I've had. Which I guess does support the qdance claim
when was the last time you had magic?. For some people it could be down to biology and they have totally burnt their receptors while others are getting magic and meh sometimes. Idk what applies to you and your use though id say doing 5meo dmt made every drug stronger for me forever.

I have never had anything that looks like those clean white rocks in the picture. Every crystal I have had has been some variation of brown, Maybe a semi-transparent brown, or opaque brown, but still brown. I have had a white powder, but never seen a full crystal like that.

when was the last time you had magic?. For some people it could be down to biology and they have totally burnt their receptors while others are getting magic and meh sometimes. Idk what applies to you and your use though id say doing 5meo dmt made every drug stronger for me forever.

I wonder this sometimes too. Is a product that I enjoy going to be meh for others? That said I’ve also watched many others take said product with similar results so idk.

That wouldn’t explain why many of ya’ll also had sudden loss of a certain supplier and no longer felt it was the same.

Another thing I’ve wondered. And this seems like a real possibility... Neurotoxicity/tolerance can still arise from meh and maybe causes it even more based on the ill effects in the days after. People take more trying to find something they can recognize from their past experiences only to be disappointed. Thing is though despite the lack of effects the toxicity is still there, and 250-300+mg of it nonetheless.

Now when a good batch comes through there’s a long term tolerance established from the continuous tries with meh product. To explain the random off experiences where someone then rolls good, maybe it was beyond stellar/top tier product or maybe tolerance had time to come back to normal a bit.

And one final thing that I suggest many of you do, buy more than just a few doses worth. I get the impression many of you buy a few doses here or a gram there. Your always trying new stuff and can never get familiar with a batch. If a few of you who’s been consistently getting meh from everywhere all the sudden came into a decent batch that produced 3-5 good rolls for you, that would be some stronger evidence IMO because with these one here one there type experiences you never know if it was the batch of possibly just biological factors all lining up perfectly.

-GC

I wonder this sometimes too. Is a product that I enjoy going to be meh for others? That said I’ve also watched many others take said product with similar results so idk.

That wouldn’t explain why many of ya’ll also had sudden loss of a certain supplier and no longer felt it was the same.

Another thing I’ve wondered. And this seems like a real possibility... Neurotoxicity/tolerance can still arise from meh and maybe causes it even more based on the ill effects in the days after. People take more trying to find something they can recognize from their past experiences only to be disappointed. Thing is though despite the lack of effects the toxicity is still there, and 250-300+mg of it nonetheless.

Now when a good batch comes through there’s a long term tolerance established from the continuous tries with meh product. To explain the random off experiences where someone then rolls good, maybe it was beyond stellar/top tier product or maybe tolerance had time to come back to normal a bit.

And one final thing that I suggest many of you do, buy more than just a few doses worth. I get the impression many of you buy a few doses here or a gram there. Your always trying new stuff and can never get familiar with a batch. If a few of you who’s been consistently getting meh from everywhere all the sudden came into a decent batch that produced 3-5 good rolls for you, that would be some stronger evidence IMO because with these one here one there type experiences you never know if it was the batch of possibly just biological factors all lining up perfectly.

-GC

I had rolled about 4 or 5 times in the 90s. Came back to it when I found out about dark markets. Meh from day 1 (from the market, the 90s stuff was amazing). I'm pretty skeptical of the 'burnt out receptors' nonsense. If that were the case, and we're basically saying significant brain damage here, I believe I would have symptoms in my day to day life.

It also doesn't explain those who come across both magic and meh batches now. I'm thinking the fundamental problem is the quality of supply to the DMs at a basic level, and that the detail of the problem is probably impurities that are actively blocking the MDMA action. But until we can get confirmation of that we are in the dark.

I had rolled about 4 or 5 times in the 90s. Came back to it when I found out about dark markets. Meh from day 1 (from the market, the 90s stuff was amazing). I'm pretty skeptical of the 'burnt out receptors' nonsense. If that were the case, and we're basically saying significant brain damage here, I believe I would have symptoms in my day to day life.

It also doesn't explain those who come across both magic and meh batches now. I'm thinking the fundamental problem is the quality of supply to the DMs at a basic level, and that the detail of the problem is probably impurities that are actively blocking the MDMA action. But until we can get confirmation of that we are in the dark.

But I’m saying what if the first couple of batches when you got back into it were meh, caused toxicity/tolerance to which when you finally cane across a good batch it didn’t effect you like before.. This is indeed a possibility for everyone here.

Not saying it’s the answer, but it’s a possibility nonetheless. With how ill some get afterwards, and the often relating of the comedown to MDA, it would sound as if meh does cause more toxicity despite its lack of positive effects.

The couple of times I’ve come across potential meh I didn’t dose more to push it to a better place, I didn’t take it again, so there’s never been much risk on my end if this theory is correct.

-GC

But I’m saying what if the first couple of batches when you got back into it were meh, caused toxicity/tolerance to which when you finally cane across a good batch it didn’t effect you like before.. This is indeed a possibility for everyone here.

Not saying it’s the answer, but it’s a possibility nonetheless. With how ill some get afterwards, and the often relating of the comedown to MDA, it would sound as if meh does cause more toxicity despite its lack of positive effects.

-GC
I hear what you're saying but I don't have any brain damage symptoms. Truth be told my brain is more on it now than when I got my maths degree and comp sci phd. And alcoholics with brain damage still get drunk right? I get tolerance but that's a moving line and its not like I'm doing this every weekend.

And bad comedown/hangover doesn't necessarily equal damage.

There's been a bit of a theme in this thread that to enjoy mdma you have to align the planets or something. Set and setting, taking the right vitamins and minerals, not rolling more than 1.78 times in a 12 month period, etc... As if it was like the old days of getting reception on a tv with a crappy aerial, and you have to hang out the window holding it to get a decent picture.

The 90s stuff was very much not this. You could swallow that pill and fret and fret for 50mins. And then bang! It hit you like a truck and beamed you up to euphoria station. It really wasn't difficult

You do realize brain damage occurs in many different ways depending on what areas are effected, it wouldn’t effect your ability to compute math equations and looking at the research only heavy users really “feel” much.

From my research toxicity from MDMA mainly shows as tolerance to subsequent doses... In fact this is one way they judge if toxicity has occurred in some research articles. This is also why I know I and a few of my close people haven’t occurred any damage as we still use the same dose we did many years ago with no loss of effects.

And not sure if the second post is directed at me but I have no problem rolling every time I do.. Like I said I’ve had maybe 3 meh experiences out of over 100. I also have a couple of buddies who roll with me that have been at it since the 90’s that never complain about thevproduct.

I, and others, are trying to offer any possible theory to better understand this but often if it doesn’t perfectly align with ones own views in this thread it’s written off. The simple facts are that it just doesn’t make sense how I can almost never encounter it after 15+yrs of use but others can’t find anything that works for them.

I’ve tried to be as open minded as possible during my (is it 4yrs now?) in this thread but when only a few of the individuals effected by this phenomenon seem open to new ideas and theories on the topic (you know who you are), it makes the whole process as fun as pulling teeth.

For gods sakes it took me years just to get people to finally move away from the isomer thing and onto the more likely culprit, impurities.

Again I believe ya’ll but it’s becoming obvious that this topic is going nowhere until an actual lab does some research into this very phenomenon. There’s too much disagreement on what’s what to make heads or tails of anything.

-GC

Status
Not open for further replies.