• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is this place I go to during my methadone naps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Most days I lay down in the dark with a fan on anytime from about noon to 6, and I guess I "nap" for 30 minutes or a bit more. The thing is I don't actually sleep, I just enter this blissful state where I notice I've relaxed 100% and although I'm still concious, I float in this healing zone, and when I finally decide to get up, I am totally refreshed. It gives my day a restart, and I guess other than the dramatic pain relief, these quasi-naps are the best thing about methadone. Anyone else experienced this? :)

If I fall completely asleep and sleep for - say an hour - the effects from my methadone is almost impossible to feel anymore. Does anyone else experience this? The same happens with oxycodone, tramadol et cetera.

Last edited:
yeah, when i used to drink poppy tea, i would get really euphoric highs from small doses early in the morning if i took a dose then went back to sleep for an hour or so.
i would actually get high, off a dose that normally wouldn't have done much.

yeah, when i used to drink poppy tea, i would get really euphoric highs from small doses early in the morning if i took a dose then went back to sleep for an hour or so.
i would actually get high, off a dose that normally wouldn't have done much.

I made a bad formulation. Sorry. If I sleep for just an hour or something, when I wake up the effects from my methadone is more or less non-existing. I cannot feel it anymore and thus start to crave another dose. So I have stopped taking naps during the day as I will have do redose after the sleep

Sorry guys, but there's nothing in this thread that I would consider to be related to our goal of producing discourse dedicated to Harm Reduction. It shouldn't come as a surprise that you are able to relax and feel refreshed after using Opioids, so I don't think we need to hire Sherlock to solve this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.