• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What is the worst what can happen on cannabis?

I read somewhere that your heart stops but only for a little while, like a few seconds tops, and then kicks back on before any real damage is done. that's where the strain name "Train Wreck" came from, iirc, because this shit would happen all the time and when your heart starts back up you still feel really shitty for a little while, like you've been hit by a train.

That is not credible information.

Theoretically, if the hit was big enough, the resulting tar could completely clog your lungs, suffocating you.

Curious to see what the thc 'potential' OD quantity would actually be I have scoured the published academia on the subject.

While it has obviously never happened the amounts suggested went from 15000mg thc up to 95000mg. If your weed is decent @20%+ that's only 75-475 grams. I just can't see a way to smoke that much and stay conscious. I suppose eating it you could at least get it all in at once, but your body would only process it at a steady speed so you'd probably just pass it long before you picked it all up.

Would the fact that it is physically impossible to OD on weed make it safer than others medication like asprin or cough medicines?

praactically impossible, but technically possible. There's an LD50, it's just that, in practice, it's highly unlikely for a person to ingest the quantity needed at the rate needed to achieve an overdose, because the quantity is extremely vast and the rate was ridiculous.

In The Matter Of Docket No. 86-22 said:
8. At present it is estimated that marijuana’s LD-50 is
around
1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in
order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to
consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is
contained in onemarijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied
marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker
would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of
marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal
response.

source, which points the more eagle-eyed reader into a more legitimate direction

Also, I remember reading this years ago, so I'm open to any new information about this. You also have to keep in mind that they're talking about lower potency cannabis, but still.... the numbers are crazy.

Salutations,

...what could happen if you overdose cannabis?

Euh... I'd respectfully suggest searching for "Pregnenolone" and then have a try at "Bia 10-2474" and "Rimonabant"...

Good day, have fun!! =D