• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is ego loss?

It is one of the classic symptoms of schizophrenia. My ex-boyfriends mum (who stayed with us on and off for years) suffered from schizophrenia. She was in a mental health unit, she'd stay with us for 1 week per month, and we'd visit her the other week. She was completely delusional, except when on high doses of haloperidol (conversation with her were actually fantastic!). Certain meds will do that too though, and will also cause a certain jerky hand movment that is also a classic sign.

Also another good sign from the after effects of lithium/mental illness is the constant licking of lips and rocking backwards and forwards. Ive been with my neighbour one time to his 'time out zone' for schizophrenics/mental patients to play some pool. All that people would say is how many mgs of this and that theyve had over the years and which hospitals that they went to. Very interesting, theres a wellington street person who is a well known artist worldwide, and he'd make these tiny fractal type images - very cool art...

I think its when you are stripped naked of all the walls we build up around ourselves that form who we are, our identity if you will.
Without this our sub-conscious and conscious minds have no filter with which to see or perceive the reality that our minds are used to.

travino85 said:
sounds like ego loss is a lot like psycosis(or a chemical imbalance that leaves u feeling deluded)... as alot of the symptoms described above could be warning signs.
I don't believe that an ego loss experience is necessarily similar to psychosis. Also I'd like to make the point that ego loss is not simply suffering from poor memory or being scattered. It is a very profound experience. To actually feel your own insignificance - without being capable of feeling sorry for yourself.

For me it was an extremely positive experience. Not something I would do regularly but mind opening none the less.