What is a "RAVER" ???

RaverBoy X

Bluelighter
Everybody, you're probably wondering: "Why the hell would someone ask this question ? Being a Bluelighter shouldn't one know what a Raver is ?"
This is one of my sessions of philosophical ramblings...and I shall apologize beforehand if I offend anyone...I'm sorry...
What is a raver ?
Where do we stand in society ?
Have you ever thought of a time when even you didn't rave ? And can you recall your opinion of raves and ravers before you yourself became one ? I know that for the vast majority of the Bluelight population their comments and opinions on raves and ravers would have been negative.
I'm not afraid to admit that at a time in my life I thought that raves were just a place where E-heads would go and dance the night away...I was wrong and I now regret thinking like that before because I am a raver now, and I'm proud of it.
The point is, are we really ravers ? Are each and everyone of us ravers ? That question is a rhetorical question that I just can't answer. If you really think about it, would the raver social class even exist if there wasn't an outside society that labelled us as "Ravers" ? What is a real raver in my opinion ? A person who accepts all people and truly lives by the acronym "PLUR". Now that I really think about it, I feel sad because I know that no one, not even myself is a true raver. Why, I don't know, no matter how hard we try, we as a human race will ultimately live in segragation. I know I see it at raves, and I know that you see it at raves too. The barrier still remains, mainly the barrier or race...it's such a pity...but that's just one view of it right ? Maybe we as ravers really are getting somewhere with our peaceful mentality. I know for a fact that we've all achieved at least "PLR" I'm currently working on adding the "U" for me personally, sure I rave with friends who are white, I have friends who are white. I'm asian and I just want to say one thing: If you see a group that is made up of just Asians, don't be thinking that they hate all other races because they only hang out with their own kind. It's not because they're racist, but because it's what we Asians feel comfortable with. Why would you want to be the only white or black person who hangs with a bunch of Asians right. Just approach them with respect and take my word for it, many (although I cannot say all) will give you the same respect that a white person can. Come on Ravers, we've got the "PLR", we just need to complete the last and biggest obstacle, achieving the "U". I'm trying, can't you do it too ?
Do you believe that Evil exists in the world, personally I believe that it doesn't and I'll answer the question "why ?" with my very own junky ass philosophical quote:
"No person is evil, the only thing that defines evil in this world are the eyes of society in which people are viewed."-RaverBoy X, 01-12-2000.
We're not looked up to for what we're trying to achieve, we're looked down on because of the way we are achieving it.
The point I'm getting at is:
We can do it with the drugs, but can we do it without it ?
Think long and hard before you attempt to answer this question.
------------------
All I have to say is PLUR to everyone...I believe in what I say, I live it too!
Whenever I Rave, I always remember, ANNEI, RABU, KESSOKU, IKEI.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i only read the first few lines.
A raver is a 13 - 15 year old who has taken 'hard' drugs for the first time and told their mum they are sleeping at their friends house.
A hardcore raver is fuct up, and slightly older 16-18, and has taken a cocktail of assorted chemicals

Entropope:
I don't know who you are or how you *know* so much about what a raver is, but I suggest you keep your witty comments to yourself. Maybe raving for you is about the drugs, maybe you've never even been to a rave so you somehow see yourself as better than those who do rave... I don't know. But closed-minded judgemental people like you just really get to me.
I have many friends, including my parents, who look down on me for being a raver. They only see the drug aspect, and nothing else. Yes, I admit, the drugs are a part of it... but they do not define what a raver is for me.
A raver is NOT just anyone who goes to raves.
A raver is NOT just someone who wears phat pants.
A raver is NOT just someone who does xtc and/or any other drugs.
A raver is NOT a person of any certain age, gender, or race, or a part of a certain social group in society.
**For me:
A raver is someone who's love for the music has become part of his/her soul.
A raver is someone who HAS to party because he/she truly *loves* the scene.
A raver is someone who gives not expecting to get anything back, whether it be candy, a hug, or even just a smile.
A raver is someone who approaches everything with an open mind, peace in their soul and love in their heart.
A raver is someone who accepts and respects all people, regardless of age, gender or race.
A raver is someone who knows the true meaning of PLUR and carries it home with them long after the party is over and spreads it around to everyone they know.
This is what being a raver means to me. This is why I think I'll still consider myself a raver even when I'm 80 years old and have no teeth and can't get up to dance!
wink.gif
Just my opinion.
PLUR,
kimmy
smile.gif

couldn't resist this post either lol 8'). Sweet-e summed it up pretty well there with her post. just a few little things to add...A true Raver is someone searching for TRUE happiness in life (quite noble to me). A true Raver is someone who can have a kick ass time, and show PLUR at a party w/ out drugs. A true Raver is someone who you can turn to in times of need. A true raver is someone who keeps a positive attitude, ALL OF THE TIME. A true Raver treats evyone as their equal, no more, no less. A true raver cares about the welfare and people of the scene (also takes the welfare of the scene and people seriously). I am positive there are many more aspects of the true raver. Just had to add to this one...sorry guys....LOL

A raver is anybody who loves the music, has the positive vibe, even if they don't dance, it doesn't matter. Drugs are optional, I opt for the drugs but thats just my choice. It's all about staying till the break of dawn.
------------------
******IMOKRUOK******
Peace Love Unity Respect