• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is a *rave*?

I've been to a dance, trance club in Daytona first time I rolled.

Jan 22 went to a house party battle of djs. This was considered a rave,, and first one called a rave. That said the one went to in 2000 , first time I rolled was just as good if not better experience and wasn't called a rave. It's just a word.

Raves used to be, and probably still are underground back in early to mid 2000s. Watch human traffic, groove, probably another movie or so forgetting. They're kind of shrinking up , college girls go there and drink, which is fine, nice to have them around. Scenes change back in the eighties, look at some of them videos. I would still go to one.

A 'rave' in the proper sense dont really happen anymore, Raves were illegal, usually held in a field or an abandoned warehouse. Basically dancing for 3 days straight full of pills with little or in most cases no alcohol involved. They kinda stopped around 95/96. What a time to be alive

I dont know where your located, im in Ireland. Proper raves turned into more commercial ventures around 96.

They absolutely still happen. Been to many 48hour raves in barns/woods etc in the last 10 years. There's a whole subculture behind it still.They just aren't very advertised
Nickelback song lyrics flashing in my head

Also a Five Finger Death Punch track but their secret parties seemed more multidimensional and urban at least according to the Welcome to the Circus video theme

Raves are nostalgic for certain

Surely they still go on just different appearance and sound

Nickelback, San Quentin:

let’s get this circus on down the road
we’re takin’ bets how far a tank of gas will go
call up your best friend, then call two more
about to do some sh+t that you ain’t seen before
there ain’t no backdoor, there ain’t no sign
location changes almost every other night
last time we found it, can’t remember much

Last edited:
They absolutely still happen. Been to many 48hour raves in barns/woods etc in the last 10 years. There's a whole subculture behind it still.They just aren't very advertised
Can confirm. I myself organise a 3 day on a farm once a year. Good times. Rave will never die.

As for a (probably oversimplified) definition: A bachannal centred on less than mainstream music.