• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Housing What is a good drug that helps with quitting prescription drug abuse?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
Looking for a drug/s which aids in recovery from substance abuse when there are no options for professional help, but could get prescription meds.

Any help appreciated.

Looking for a drug/s which aids in recovery from substance abuse when there are no options for professional help, but could get prescription meds.

Any help appreciated.
What drug abuse are you talking about specifically? Opiates? Stimulants? What?

Any help appreciated.

There's plenty of help available depending on what you're talking about, just make sure you don't get addicted to the drug you're using to taper from your substance abuse. Say for instance, if you're trying to quit opiates, Gabapentin OR kratom are amazing options. I'm expecting some kratom tomorrow, not because I'm coming off of anything, but because it's a nice mood lift for depression and anxiety especially in combination with phenibut.

Ok. Are you able to get Gabapentin? If not, look into ordering kratom powder. You can order capsules, but those cost more. It's cheaper to order the powder along with some capsules and make your own. Depending on where you are, you can look up a Wild Bill's Tobacco near you and go get some. It's cheaper online though. It will help you taper. You can search the topics on this board about kratom if you are not familiar. You don't want to end up with an addiction to kratom. It's a plant that works like an opiate so it will cause the same kind of withdrawal if you take it for too long. Just take it long enough to get over acute opiate withdrawal.

Ok. Are you able to get Gabapentin? If not, look into ordering kratom powder. You can order capsules, but those cost more. It's cheaper to order the powder along with some capsules and make your own. Depending on where you are, you can look up a Wild Bill's Tobacco near you and go get some. It's cheaper online though. It will help you taper. You can search the topics on this board about kratom if you are not familiar. You don't want to end up with an addiction to kratom. It's a plant that works like an opiate so it will cause the same kind of withdrawal if you take it for too long. Just take it long enough to get over acute opiate withdrawal.
Thanks coast to coast. Is Kratom the gold standard in opioid (particularly dilaudid) withdrawal aid?

Thanks coast to coast. Is Kratom the gold standard in opioid (particularly dilaudid) withdrawal aid?

Yes. Kratom is a lifesaver for those who need to quit heroin and other hardcore opiates. I take it from time to time because it's nice for depression and anxiety.

Can you recommend dosage?

Kratom is more stimulating in smaller doses and relaxing as the dose increases. You want to start on the lower end between 3-5 mg. I'm glad you brought that up btw because buying a scale is important to measure accurately. There are cheap scales available...if you don't already have one. You want to measure accurately because too much especially in the beginning can cause nausea/vomiting. I can't tell you the exact dose you will need for your specific habit, but start low and work your way up. Wait at least 45 minutes and see if you feel any relief, then go from there.

Last edited:
Kratom is more stimulating in smaller doses and relaxing as the dose increases. You want to start on the lower end between 3-5 mg. I'm glad you brought that up btw because buying a scale is important to measure accurately. There are cheap scales available...if you don't already have one. You want to measure accurately because too much especially in the beginning can cause nausea/vomiting. I can't tell you the exact dose you will need for your specific habit, but start low and work your way up. Wait at least 45 minutes and see if you feel any relief, then go from there.

Thanks again for your input.
So is it a once a day deal? Is it as needed? How is it taken?

Thanks again for your input.
So is it a once a day deal? Is it as needed? How is it taken?

It should last you up to 4-5 hours. You probably want to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Time it again for later in the day, always on an empty stomach. That's the only way it works.

It should last you up to 4-5 hours. You probably want to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Time it again for later in the day, always on an empty stomach. That's the only way it works.
How is the availability of it? Are there a lot of fakes?

How is the availability of it? Are there a lot of fakes?

You have to look into that yourself depending on what country you're in. Some sources have stronger product than others. You have to try it yourself. Look up reviews of the companies you're thinking about trying.

Generally, stick to premium powder. Don't get any gimmicks like an "extract", that's usually overpriced garbage.

Any help appreciated.

Ibogaine if you can,if not Kratom. The difference between the two is that ibogaine will reset your neural pathways,flush remaining opiates from your system and remove withdrawals...Very powerful stuff. This is for those who have tried everything else and failed.

Then there is Kratom,this is a replacement therapy that is easier to come off of than traditional opiates. Most who switch to using Kratom stay on it because they feel happier using it and prefer it to prescribed drugs,but when used in large doses over a period of time they will find it very hard to come off.

Ibogaine if you can,if not Kratom. The difference between the two is that ibogaine will reset your neural pathways,flush remaining opiates from your system and remove withdrawals...Very powerful stuff. This is for those who have tried everything else and failed.

Then there is Kratom,this is a replacement therapy that is easier to come off of than traditional opiates. Most who switch to using Kratom stay on it because they feel happier using it and prefer it to prescribed drugs,but when used in large doses over a period of time they will find it very hard to come off.

That's why I only recommend kratom for getting over acute withdrawal then stop taking it. I don't think it should be a replacement at all.

Also, kratom is psychologically addicting. You will want to take it more and more after prolonged use. Never quit cold turkey if you take it for a while, always taper. It has the same withdrawal as opiates.

That's why I only recommend kratom for getting over acute withdrawal then stop taking it. I don't think it should be a replacement at all.

Also, kratom is psychologically addicting. You will want to take it more and more after prolonged use. Never quit cold turkey if you take it for a while, always taper. It has the same withdrawal as opiates.

Why not a replacement? Surely if Kratom is less harmful than traditional opiates/opiods then it should be utilized as so.

If an addict was sticking a needle in his veins every day and was able to switch to Kratom,then surely taking Kratom every day is preferable?

I think it should be a maintenance drug. For those who are already addicts it's a god send and for those who are ignorant to the facts of using Kratom they'll be in for a shock when they try to stop. Kratom is a powerful plant medicine to be utilized for the right purposes.

Yes you could use it recreationally from time to time if you have the facts and the right mindset,but IMO it's a medicine.

Why not a replacement? Surely if Kratom is less harmful than traditional opiates/opiods then it should be utilized as so.

If an addict was sticking a needle in his veins every day and was able to switch to Kratom,then surely taking Kratom every day is preferable?

I think it should be a maintenance drug. For those who are already addicts it's a god send and for those who are ignorant to the facts of using Kratom they'll be in for a shock when they try to stop. Kratom is a powerful plant medicine to be utilized for the right purposes.

Yes you could use it recreationally from time to time if you have the facts and the right mindset,but IMO it's a medicine.

I agree with you kratom is certainly better than the alternatives. OP asked about a drug to come off of Dilaudid. So I was guiding that person to only use kratom to taper, not to replace the addiction with another one. If OP decides to do that on their own, then that's their decision. I don't think it's a good idea to completely become dependent though if you can help it.