Info What happens when a thread is deleted by the thread starter?

nce it's posted. It's there forever. Always.

It doesn't matter if you delete it, it doesn't matter if you edit it. Once you hit post, it's gonna be somewhere for the long haul. Whether you can still see it or not.
...and that is why I am ashamed for deleting my posts from my previous profile (user name Somaniferum). I wanted to send a question to moderators could all the posts/threads from that profile be restored? I will not use it anymore as I had a meltdown from buprenorphine withdrawal when I deleted almost all and left one stupid, juvenile thread/post. It hit me very hard once again when news about Capt.H. came. I don't know could it all be restored, but I would like it to be. So my good and bad sides are visible. There is lots of good info and advice that I got from bluelighters and if it could all that I deleted go up and the one post that remained be deleted I would clean my conscience. It is really bothering me that I fell so low and done that. So if it can be done without a major hustle for mods and admins of BL I would be very happy if my past shameful actions were visible.

Sorry for quoting you, I know that this thread is not on your "watch", but I had the urge to see if there is any possibility that it could be done.

You been reading my gazillions of retracted CEPS posts? 🤣

Haha, no.

In general while everything is retained. I for one have always tried to exercise a strict policy of not accessing any information that's not necessary for a staff reason.

Id like to think most staff hold to a similar philosophy.

So I wouldn't worry too much about people prying. But yeah, you should know that everything that's ever said is still there.. Somewhere.

It's a pretty good rule of thumb to follow for the internet as a whole really.

...and that is why I am ashamed for deleting my posts from my previous profile (user name Somaniferum). I wanted to send a question to moderators could all the posts/threads from that profile be restored? I will not use it anymore as I had a meltdown from buprenorphine withdrawal when I deleted almost all and left one stupid, juvenile thread/post. It hit me very hard once again when news about Capt.H. came. I don't know could it all be restored, but I would like it to be. So my good and bad sides are visible. There is lots of good info and advice that I got from bluelighters and if it could all that I deleted go up and the one post that remained be deleted I would clean my conscience. It is really bothering me that I fell so low and done that. So if it can be done without a major hustle for mods and admins of BL I would be very happy if my past shameful actions were visible.

Sorry for quoting you, I know that this thread is not on your "watch", but I had the urge to see if there is any possibility that it could be done.

Contact the mods of the areas where you posted the things you want back. If they can't help, try the senior mods. As far up as you feel necessary for how badly you want the information.

It's extremely likely they'll be there somewhere. And I would expect the staff you help you out if it's at all feasible to do so.

Something to be aware of though, while virtually everything is preserved in some capacity. There's bajillioms of posts through bluelight's history and the software has limitations. So depending on the circumstances even if it still exists it might be difficult to track down.

Yeah, I thought so. I will not give mods/admins so much work to do cause I was childish. I will have to live with what I did. It will always remind me to be more gentle and thoughtful, cause you don't know will you see the person you insulted/hurt for the very last time. Let us make better mistakes tomorrow.

P.S. @JessFR I haven't noticed that you are not a moderator anymore. That's why I quoted you and will now stop returning your attention to this thread.

I am going off-topic, but as the topic is resolved I will just reply to all of your (and mine) posts regarding politics with one of the few texts that I have written in English and think is good enough to actually hare. So this one is for you @dalpat077 (and everybody else, including me, who thinks he is right when discussing politics). Just strip it away from philosophy and apply it when thinking about posting in ceps. 🤣

It goes something like this:

Right?

One day in a little monastery a student of Zen was anxiously pondering about whether he has done the right thing in one of his actions the day before. After his thoughts became so busy that it was unbearable he went to his teacher, explained his problem, and asked:

"My beloved teacher, have I done the right thing?"

-„Right thing for who?“ ...Zen master replied...

...and continued:

-The right thing for one is inevitably the wrong thing for another. Right is always contrary to left and what you are left with then is the conclusion that it cannot be all right - what would be left then?

You are asking an irrelevant question. Rather a selfish one I would add.

You can never know what is the right thing for you let alone what is the right thing to do for another person. In fact, there is no such thing as doing the right thing! Right is done and automatically wrong is done. There is only the doing and it is being done eternally and effortlessly by itself!

Trust Universe to take care of itself and you will be free from any wrong or right ...and left at peace eternally by stopping all judgment in your mind.

The student had no further doubts anymore.

Keep on keeping on. :)
Nice read

All I can say is thanks. Like I said: I'm humbled.
It is good info. I am at the age where I basically never did benzos and now sometimes need them for anziety and BL helps me to not get addicted. lol I get nervous doing them 2 nights in a row. So I take heed. And I can see where that post "could" get deleted.

A CEP comment, I have a big varied family of good people. And I refuse to put people in one of two boxes simply because people created a blood sport of politics. YEah there are things I do not understand and I do think the choices people make are important as they head to the grave.lol It is up to people to listen to their gut. ANd let's face it even with all the disagreements I am willing to bet most of us can go into a room and agree on 85% of things if we remove politics. :D (crazy eh?)

Yeah, I thought so. I will not give mods/admins so much work to do cause I was childish. I will have to live with what I did. It will always remind me to be more gentle and thoughtful, cause you don't know will you see the person you insulted/hurt for the very last time. Let us make better mistakes tomorrow.

P.S. @JessFR I haven't noticed that you are not a moderator anymore. That's why I quoted you and will now stop returning your attention to this thread.

If you want the posts back, I think you should ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

And indeed, I was demodded, it was orchestrated by trump personally for refusing to back his claim that the election was rigged. Bastard ;)

There's a pretty solid rule about bluelight you should probably know if you're worried about privacy.

Once it's posted. It's there forever. Always.

It doesn't matter if you delete it, it doesn't matter if you edit it. Once you hit post, it's gonna be somewhere for the long haul. Whether you can still see it or not.

I dunno if saying this might ruffle some feathers. I hope not. But this is a drug using community and data retention is something people have a right to know about.

This is a good thing to remember about the internet in general, honestly.

Never watched a football game in my life!

A more typical European would go on a soccer/football rant.....
I wondered what our BCS references has to do with football so I just figured it was an abbreviation for a division or something. I like Better Call Saul better ! :geek:

Bluelight crew is former mods so not me.

I'm not sure what thread you're talking about but you should go to it, hit report on the first post, and explain your concerns. :)

It's possible one of the mods you tagged will take it to the right people though if they know which thread you're referring too.

Bluelight crew is former mods so not me.

I'm not sure what thread you're talking about but you should go to it, hit report on the first post, and explain your concerns. :)

It's possible one of the mods you tagged will take it to the right people though if they know which thread you're referring too.
Thanks Jess. Negrogesic can have a look at it. It's kinda skating on thin ice. Pricing and other things being discussed. A moderator looked it over yesterday and commented but I forget who it was.

Pricing as long been a bit of a contentious issue. Some people think it's OK under some circumstances some under no circumstances.

I'm sure if it's looked at an appropriate decision will be made about how and if to respond to it. :)

I can't speak for the mods, but as someone who cares for this site I wanna say thanks for bringing it up. <3