what happens in detox or psyche ward

itsok

Bluelighter
do they strap u down? cam they induce a coma.
do u have to talk to anyone or answer questions. do they make u eat?

wipe ur ass?

If you would like to check yourself in somewhere- Before going, you could always call and ask the questions you want to know. I think every place is different and of course, it depends on your locations too but they will not put you into a coma. Can you call the facilities in your area and ask them? Or maybe call the hospital and ask for a Social Worker there? In the US if you go into the ER to check in, you will see the hospital's social worker......They too would be able to give you information.

If you are thinking about hurting yourself- Go in to the ER!
Take care and Keep us updated. <3

what will happen in the ER? i cant imagine anything besides a coma.

They will likely send in the social worker in to talk to you.......
He/She will then send in the local Mental Health people who will ask you a number of questions to determine if you need to be admitted.......They will then try to find you a bed and you'll go over.
They might give you something to calm you down when you go into the hospital.....
Usually something like Ativan......
You will not be put into a coma, it will be okay.

What are you feeling? What is going on?? I should have asked this first.......

In any mental health care setting your ability to self-manage daily living activities like eating, sleeping, hygiene and med compliance is one factor which will be used to measure your progress.

You may be able to find a facility which offers so-called rapid detox under sedation or general anaesthesia but it's a treatment specific to opiate abuse so you probably wouldn't meet their criteria. It's also extremely expensive compared to other detox methods and it only addresses the physical aspects of opiate withdrawal.

If the ER arranges your admission to a psych ward, you'll likely be medicated on the basis of your initial presenting symptoms and your treatment plan will change according to your response to treatment. What treatment you are offered will depend a great deal on your tentative diagnosis but expect a combination of medication and therapy.

It is extremely unlikely that you'll happen across a facility which uses so-called "deep sleep therapy" - it was discredited over twenty years ago as both extremely dangerous and ineffective and any doctor using it these days would find obtaining malpractice insurance extremely difficult. Some "last resort" treatments for depression such as ECT are carried out while the patient is sedated though.

my problem is due to opiate abuse, iv heroin. i am feeling like dying.

The opiate detox center around here has alot of folks by self admittance and a few by law/authority. They don't necisarilly make you go cold turkey therem you check yourself inm given mental health check by a doctor and a social worker will also talk to you. After this you'd be sent to a room, and would be given meds daily to ween off the heroin, they'd also help you just focus on tasks like getting sleep, eating, socializing, bathing, etc.

The er would do a mental health examination, possibly give you something to relax, you'd talk with a social worker and together they'd decide if you needed to be admitted to a psyche ward, if not they'd just give you a room and not sure about the rest.

the detox i went to was pretty ghetto actually. it was a free one. they did give suboxone to help ween off your opiate of choice but man it really sucked. there were single rooms for women and all the men had to sleep in one big room. that was just wrong. also, the food was just like microwaved bullshit, bathrooms weren't cleaned. it really made you not want to try to quit.

i think this is probably not the case for most other places as the regular detox/rehabilitation facility would probably try to make people trying to get clean nice and clean and comfortable. good job checking into this stuff tho, it's totally the first step. i hope you get well soon, OP.

GOOD LUCK and all that!

lbl

i just drank remy martin and took suboxone to try to feel better. im out of h. and i dnt want to do it. physically i seem ok but mentally im not.

everyone would be better off wo me. i think i shoudl inhale car fumes tomorrow.

^I think you should seek medical attention.
A professional would better be able to help you <3

i just drank remy martin and took suboxone to try to feel better. im out of h. and i dnt want to do it. physically i seem ok but mentally im not.

everyone would be better off wo me. i think i shoudl inhale car fumes tomorrow.

Please seek some help..possibly er admittance. Tomorrow is too soon to meet your maker.

Get yourself to the ER now. One thing a psych ward will do is stabilise you as quickly as possible - because they monitor you, they're much less conservative when it comes to using drugs than most family doctors. There are drugs which will pretty much stop you feeling anything at all and they're often used to give you some respite from overwhelming feelings while more longterm treatment strategies are put in place (maintenance meds often need several weeks to reach the desired therapeutic levels and therapy needs people to be somewhat stable and motivated to be beneficial).

You may feel like you've already "tried everything", but the reality is that there are a shitload more treatment options out there and the best place to try them is an environment where your progress is being objectively monitored and changes can be made quickly.

Psych ward: they feed you a bunch of pills and you sit around watching Martin Lawrence reruns and eating oranges from a cart they wheel around.

I was put on the duel diagnosis floor after I tried to kill myself with an OD. They detoxed me from heroin with darvocet ativan clonidine and a bunch of other shit I dont remember. That was the most comfortable detox I have ever had. During the day we watched tv and socialized it was coed so that was cool. No one there was bat shit crazy everyone was cool only thing that sucked was the food but who wants to eat in withdrawl anyway?

itsok- Are you doing better today? Did you go into the hospital? Update?

i didnt go to hosp. i lived another day, unfortunately. im going start taking a host of psyche meds....
with car keys out of my hands, i cause little trouble. bc no matter how much i should have died...i cant.. something keeps making me live.

comas, incredible car wrecks, prison w/d from crack and iv h psychsis w no treatment....
no amount of ketamine, alcohol, crack, or heroin ...only close killer was iv cocaine in massive amounts

no amount of police, guns in my face, nothing can kill me.

I just got out of the wards, i was attempting for plotting to kill family members which was just a big bullshit story i made up.I had a nice 8 week stay it was very fun, i got bipolor type 1 so i was laughing and being a fool for most of the time...where im at if you addmit yourself you will be assested and taken out faster,only 3 days if you manage to be good, i had 8 police man take me in due to last instances where they couldn't take me down without injections (that coma shit your talking about has no effect now) . If you are feeling over the top i advise you take yourself in rather then thrown in cause they treat you with way more respect and can pull some strings for you... the food inside is no better then cat food, make sure u bring money so u can get pizza brought in. good luck

in the detox at the rehab i was at, you got to chill, watch movies and sleep all day. wasn't bad.