• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Tolerance What happens if I stop vaping cannabis suddenly after years?

An update; I smoked right up until we went, consumed some edibles for the journey and that was it.
It wasn't even a problem never mind a big one.
There was a shitload of distractions not to mention lots of alcohol, but before I went I bought a CBD vaporiser at the max strength, that helped. Sitting in a room of people having something to puff on, it just helps physically or the chemicals helped too. I thought I wouldn't feel shit from it, I didn't much, but it was calming, definitely calming and if I see it half price again I'll get another one (it was fucking expensive!)

I ought to add that while I didn't have weed there except some edibles, opiates weren't so scarce, so I just did whatever felt right at the time and now I'm looking up the sides of this damn hole I'm back in. But we had such a good time, I'm old, we don't get to do shit that often! I'll work it out, it was worth it :laughing::facepalm:It's not like I was ever staying on buprenorphine longer than I absolutely had to... I'm trying not to make this sound right or wrong because it's fucking tragic, I just couldn't figure another way, that doesn't make it an easy choice and I know the choice is now, not back a week or two ago. I'm too afraid to turn back again now, big woose, that's me.

This is how I react.

I went to rehab and they didn’t believe my symptoms were from cannabis only. They even raised my buprenorphine dose for a couple days and still felt like absolute garbage. Puking, zero sleep sweating so bad the sheets are soaked, and boredom that makes the seconds feel like hours.

I couldn’t eat for about 3-4 days. By day 5 though I started eating everything in sight. From there my appetite actually became stronger than when I smoked.

Also my mind felt cloudy for weeks after, like I would speak without having the internal dialogue first to analyze if what I was saying was ok or not.

-GC
That was my same exact experience when I missed a nightly dose or when I quit after taking edibles multiple times per day or when I was using tons of concentrate. The sweating at night was my absolute worst symptom, I was exhausted and it was hard to get decent sleep so I ended up just taking small nightly doses to get through it before I could taper down more

I'm glad your experience wasn't so bad, @papercuts!