• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

what drugs are helpful with quitting cannabis? [temporarily]

i've used vicodin, cocaine, adderall, alcohol and benzos before and didn't find them very addictive. they all had side effects that pissed me off and deterred me from using them often. i never have a problem turning down these drugs. weed is different, ever since the first time i tried it i loved it, became a stoner overnight and have been smoking almost daily ever since. i've been able to stop for a few days and even 3 weeks once but the desire to get high is present at every moment.

cannabis sativa said:
i've used vicodin, cocaine, adderall, alcohol and benzos before and didn't find them very addictive.

Well that's because you have to do them repeatedly during a short period of time and build a hefty tolerance to get addicted...

i like vicodin and tried taking it every day but after a week i would feel sick to my stomach all the time and i would be tolerant to the high. taking a higher dose just made me feel sicker.

StuffedTiger said:
Well that's because you have to do them repeatedly during a short period of time and build a hefty tolerance to get addicted...
Wrong, if you haven't realized you're addicted if you start to binge and have a tolerance building. You are a fool.

Psychological addiction can easily and often does set after the first few uses.

yeah man for me the only way to quit weed is to not hang out with friends who smoke. I think ive only been with my mates when their smokin and decided not to smoke once. that was after id been overseas for 6 months. then i seeing as i dont smoke heaps, whats the point in not getting stoned

Whenever I have to stop smoking I just drink when I feel like i want to smoke.. because I don't drink aolt except on weekends I just forget about bud and then slow down on the drinking.. works every time and not hooked on the bottle...yet.

My advise is to find a real nice girl who cares for you and hates smoking pot.

it worked for me.

What about when your girl smokes too? Everyone just gets high together.

if i was u and i wanted to quit smoking weed, it would juss be a mental thing. I wouldn't take any other drugs to get off a drug i am already on.

even though i dont get these so called withdrawel symtoms after years of smoking, i found opiates like heroin and morphine good tools to get over the psychological addiction of marijuana. i only really needed to use them for a week or two before i returned to normal

advil's been helping me for tension and headaches, nothing has worked so far for my appetite and obviously anything that makes you drowsy is good for sleep

if someone comes to rely on something, it doesn't matter if it's weed or injected heroin, it's all gonna be damn hard to quit if the desire for it is strong enough. basically, pull your head out of your ass if you can't understand why quitting weed can be hard

Ahh man, don't start drinking or taking benzos to stop pot withdrawls. That is so much worse to get addicted too.. Especially benzos. The chances are if you use drugs to combat the withdrawls of another drug, then you're going to get addicted to the new drug, and most likely the withdrawls of that will be alot worse.

normally when i stop smoking weed, i stop all other drug use as well. well everything except for the occasional beer. but at night for the first few nights, i just drink some kava kava tea, and take melatonin and it helps quite a bit.

Don't touch benzos!

I kinda stopped pot, and switched to benzos and I got closely hooked to them I was popping 60-80mg of diazepams everynight for almost 4 months straight.....

My advice don't bother try other drug, you dont want to switch from a drug to drug ...... join the gym and get fit and drink water, and get natural high at the gym from heavy workouts!

...... and then your pot tolerence will drop and you will be very stoned easily ..... ;)

just smoke ciggs.. i find nothing that isnt smoked can replace weed, so i smoke a few ciggs at various points in the day when i used to smoke weed.

Actually I have found out that it is more about self control. If you have got nothing to do, you will think about weed. It is just like if you have nothing to do, you may think about sex. I suggest that find something to do to fill up your time and keep youself busy. And don't keep any drugs with you or in your bedroom whatever. Then you can quit easily. Good luck quitting.
Peace.

receiver said:
even though i dont get these so called withdrawel symtoms after years of smoking, i found opiates like heroin and morphine good tools to get over the psychological addiction of marijuana. i only really needed to use them for a week or two before i returned to normal

WOW! great advice

Use heroin to get off marijuana guys!%)