• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Misc What drug will rappers mention next?

It is so funny Snafu because in the late 70' and even into the early 80's reds and yellows (seconal and nembutal) were available and every once in a while tuinal which was a mix. My good friend who lived across the street had a mother who's father was a pharmacist perscribe all kinds of sedatives and pain killers to my friends mother. So she had a lot of seconal and nembutal, loads of pill bottles (they were horder type lol). Then one day we were going to try and use diazepam as a sub when barbiturates were prescribed less and less. So instead of reds one day we tried diazepam not know what to expect. We take 1, 2, 6 pills later we still didnt feel like we felt anything. So we would do 100 mgs and shots of whiskey but wow did it not live up to the reds we were used too. Xanax proved to be the same but we didn't have to take 10 blue pills. But the notion was fun time was over as they had this new substitute drug which did not get you high like barbiturates did. I am just relaying how it felt at the time with my drug friends.

Now we did not really have rap then. (my earliest recollection of wrap was maybe Run DMC) but if we did have wrap they would have wrapping at the big let down of prescription changes. People were not happy with benzos if they were use to barbiturates so the rapping would have been dissapointment. How xanax became popular 30-40 years later is a mystery to me. I do not think barbiruates are prescribed much at all anymore.

I know barbiturates were more dangerous, but I really wish I could get a bottle of reds. I would be careful. lol That is what I think of when I think of "downers".

I have to say. I've always felt like my previous life was lived in the 60s-early 80s. I have this weird connection to the music, politics and drug scene that is hard to explain.

I've always been so curious what barbs were like. I'm a huge downer guy, definitely they are my DOC over stimulants.

It's honestly hard for me to imagine barbs were better than benzos... but I have no idea :O that's crazy if they are! (I'd believe it too, I've just no reference point here).

Great insight, too. What I think is weird or has changed over there years must be just a small portion of the change others have witnessed :)

The fact that MDMA was at one point OTC in the USA literally boggles my mind O_O

I've taken large doses of butalbital before to find out what the high was of barbiturates. I looked super drunk. Slurring words really bad, exageratted movements of the limbs, etc. If you didn't know you'd think I was sloppy drunk.

I've always been so it what barbs were like. I'm a huge downer guy, definitely they are my DOC over stimulants.
The fact that MDMA was at one point OTC in the USA literally boggles my mind O_O

You would have loved "tueys" (tuinal, I remember as a white and blue pill sometimes with some red or black depending on maker) But benzo's and barbiturates were nothing a like. Butalbital was the least desireable. I only had it once and didn't live up but that was one of the last to be prescribed. My mother had those. lol I think because they were weak.

Quaaludes were also available. Rorer 714 or Lemonn 714's. They kicked ass too. 714's are what flooded the streets but seem to remember a possible 712's at half strength. (don't quote me on that)

Speaking of MDMA my main use was when it was legal. I lived in Houston TX in the early 80's and a friend of a friend would stop by our store to sell me MDMA pills. They were all over the San Marcos Texas college town. Not really OTC but Texas was a main hub. They were legit, was told they were used for therapy legally at that point. Pills were 120 mgs. There was MDE too which was cool but much mellower. But I have only had MDMA 3 times since 1985. Of course it was from people I knew. It was genuine MDMA but the pills were only about 80 mgs. One time I did powder. But yeah, every weekend in 1984 and 1985 I would roll with genuine MDMA. Most of the time myself, other times with friends. Sad to think what could pass off these days as MDMA. I can only hope real stuff can still be had but I never really get to it these days. I remember the red speckled tables well. They kicked ass. Most were just white.

Never ever had MDA. I really wish it were available when I was younger. That was no where to be had. PCP was all over the place though. Too many places. lol

While I was still to young for the 60's and legal LSD at that time I at least got in on the legal MDMA. Funny how things looked at different times.

Last edited:
K is like made for dancing imo. It does weird shit to your body awareness and opens you up to new moves. Slightly too much and you can only dance with your arms though so it's best to have rescue coke to keep you on an even keel throughout the night.

I stick by my prediction that one day k will be a trap sensation. Lol.

WEED'S NOT A DRUG U SO CALLED MESSIAH!

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS BC OF THIS

what drugs? any kind of, that's no question

There was a molly phase too. I've heard addies, molly, lean, percs, xanax, and weed. Maybe actual prescription opioids are next?

There was a molly phase too. I've heard addies, molly, lean, percs, xanax, and weed. Maybe actual prescription opioids are next?
Prescription opioids have been done. This is almost twenty years old and I still listen to lil wyte.

Lil Wyte has rapped about more drugs individually as the topic of a whole song than almost any other rapper. Drinking, smoking, Molly/ecstasy, oxy, acid, Xanax, syrup, etc. He even has a song about DMT. Which I'll post now....

Maybe one day lil wyte will be the one to fulfill my ketamine rap prophecy. Lol.

If MXE was still available I could totally see that catching on in the rap scene. I listen to a lot of early nineties triple six mafia which is kind of like horror/terror rap. I could see doing some mxe before going out and shooting somebody, lol. Man that would be fucked up.

Or then just rap a couple of rhymes against xanax use, and against all kinds of other stupid shit also, while at it!!!

I don't want your Xanax bars or your fancy foreign cars
Throw your money in my face and try to tell me that it's art
No-no-no, no, no
No-no-no, no, no, just a drug addict on TV
I can't hear another fucking song about abusing medication that I had to take just to stay alive
There's more important shit than what you wear and where you live and who you fuck and what you drink and what you spend and what you drive
Rappers full of bullshit

Detroit rappers have been rapping about heroin/fentanyl for quite a while. The damedot song is easily 4-5 years old at this point

I want to hear them naming obscure RCs, like para-fluoro-4-methylaminorex in songs 🎵