• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what does iving H does to the veins

bomber

Bluelighter
I wondered why heroin users have destroyed veins. Googled it,didn't find an answer. My question is, do they destroy their veins with the needles, or it's just when you shoot it one vein has to handle too much H and gets destroyed by it's toxicity?

Neither usually it's by adding other drugs into the equation usually coke

I believe its the things that are mixed in with heroin to cut it that is what really damages your veins and your body. Of course missed needles and reused needles aren't great either. I believe I read somewhere that PURE heroin on it's own, isn't that bad for your body.

So it's the stuff inside that destroies the vein, not the needle alone.

I wondered why heroin users have destroyed veins. Googled it,didn't find an answer. My question is, do they destroy their veins with the needles, or it's just when you shoot it one vein has to handle too much H and gets destroyed by it's toxicity?
Lack of harm reduction cause bad veins my friend.

It can be a combination of bad needles, poor injecting and the heroin. Agree, poor harm reduction can not only cause bad veins but it can kill. Stay safe! Always use fresh unused needles and of course, don't ever ever ever share. Not worth it.

Yes use fresh rigs, filter that shit well, and don't miss! I have never fucked my veins up from heroin alone really, just from speedballs with coke or with just shooting coke, or even worse when I shot crack the handful of times I did, using lemon juice mixed with water(stupid I know!) and missed, OUCH! that shit burned soooo bad and I wasted a 20 dollar slab because I missed. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN VEIN, before just blasting off and pushing the plunger. I like to shoot whatever it is I am doing pretty fast, for the rush I get, the faster you push the better the rush IME at least.. but also the more risky it can be to someone not well experienced or even if you are experienced, like me. I have missed more than half, sometimes my whole shot before because I thought I was in vein, blood came thru when I pulled the plunger back, but really I had pierced through the vein thus causing me to miss while thinking I was in vein, which I was originally, but just the slightest movement the wrong way after hitting a vein can pierce the vein and cause a miss. I think the only time I ever missed a whole shot was with crack that one time, because I only had like 20-30 units of lemon juice/water/crack mixed up in my rig, and the less solution there is the more chance you have at blowing the whole shot of whatever it is your slamming. I mean nothing is GOOD for you to inject IV, but heroin if good quality and not cut too bad, especially with cuts that are water soluble, I have never had a problem with using proper techniques and clean utensils with good H, filtered well. I would definitely think twice before making this a habit, or doing it at all if you haven't yet done it.. just stick with sniffing it or smoking it, depending on if the H is tar, powder, base, etc. Plugging I have heard works with H, but don't know as I have never done it that way, it does however, work for oxy really well!

stenosis/phlebitis. over and over and over

combination of needle damaging the wall of small veins and then plaques build up on scar tissue. on a small scale at first. over time wrecks your vasculature