• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What does a deaf RAVE sound like?

Hehehe yeah CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT the notepad is very interesting, its like a history recorded on paper ;)

I was looking up through some old posts of mine from last year in August 2003..... and found this thread What WOULD happen if they gave blind people acid?? I have commented few things there, even its bit off topic for this thread.

Lots of things have happened and learnt a few things along the way since the day I posted that in August last year. 8o

^^ I don't think it's off topic, quite relevant actually

thanks for your input.

^^and were there black people and homosexuals too???.8)

Last edited:
not trying to offend anyone, but deaf people cannot hear others voices/sounds. But say for instance one was to have a trip, would they hear voices in their own head?

Just something I was just thinking about. This probably sounds rediculous.

urbie should be able to answer that one by switching off his hearing aids and having a few tabs ;)

A friend of mine has a daughter that was born deaf and takes doofing occasionally. She swears by how good it is to feel the bass and the music through the speakers and the ground :)

Ive never heard of anything like this before.I think its a brilliant idea.

I have to ask, at what level would the music be played?
Is it possible for a person with a 'normal' level of hearing to participate in such activites without the use of ear plugs (oh the irony of it all =D), or would the level at which the music is played be beyond a comfortable level?
Still, I think it'd be fucking kewl, a whole nuch of people sitting around, writing and signing to one another.
=D
Also, Urbie, your post on dreams in the "What WOULD happen if they gave blind people acid??" is some interesting shit.
PEACE

ummm.... this might sound stupid but wouldn't the extra-loud music increase the damage to the hearing of some deaf or near-deaf people? like i know there's many kinds and causes of deafness but surely for some it can cause additional damage?

that's not a stupid question at all....when I first read about it, that's actually the first thing i thought, though admittedly I was wondering about the dj and other staff moreso...

I'd guess there are warnings about the volume level. It'd be cool if they give out free earplugs--after all, the whole idea of it all is that it's for people who can't hear, so muffling the sound shouldn't be an issue. I don't know if deaf people can get tinnitis, I guess it depends on WHY they're deaf...

It's a good point though pac.man*...

As far as I'm aware.. low frequency sound isnt as damaging on the human ear as high frequency sound..

I'm sure the levels would have to be acceptable for all in attendance, inc bar staff, DJs, non-hearing impaired people..

My theory is that if your deaf, and you have no hearing, then a deaf rave woulden't sound like anything.

Theres a difference between hearing music and feeling bass.

Thats my 2c :D

shals!