• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What do you see while you're high on LSD?

KidsPls

Greenlighter
I still don't have a chance to try LSD. I have searched ups and downs in Youtube regarding my questions I couldnt comprehend still. Plus, my English is kinda bad so listening to Youtube video is not enough though.

My questions are;

1) How'd you consume LSD? How does it taste?

2) What do you see? When users say 'trip' what kind of trip are they talking about? Do you just consume LSD, sit back, relax and suddenly the world became cartoons?

3) I wish you guys are willing to share your good and bad experiences about LSD.

4) Also, the long term effects. Does it give you anxiety and depression like MDMA?

Thank you.

Most often on blotter paper. LSD itself is tasteless but the blotter could have a taste for many reasons. Other stuff people put on blotter and sell as lsd often have a strong metallic taste.

2) What do you see? When users say 'trip' what kind of trip are they talking about? Do you just consume LSD, sit back, relax and suddenly the world became cartoons?
In my experience, it's mostly about feeling, being, learning, more than seeing things. Even listening to music attracts me more than the visuals and believe me, music can sound insane on lsd, from 1960's psychedelic rock to dubstep, almost anything.
Please read some trip reports:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/40-Trip-Reports
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_LSD.shtml

3) I wish you guys are willing to share your good and bad experiences about LSD.
Please take a look at the many other threads about LSD and also the Trip reports forum:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/40-Trip-Reports

4) Also, the long term effects. Does it give you anxiety and depression like MDMA?
Well it depends on your mental health and it's not advisable to take LSD frequently (frequently can vary from 3x a week to twice a month). That being said, so many LSD users report positive long-term changes in their lives. I'll quote an answer from this thread:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/762463-Why-do-YOU-take-psychedelics

"They basically act as a medicine of sorts, the therapeutic benefits of (balanced) psychedelic use are astounding, every time I trip it acts as a sort of emotional/spiritual cleanser, and tripping semi-regularly (once a month or so) feels like it "fixes" something wrong in my brain. Related to that, of course there are the awe inspiring insights/lessons, NOTHING has ever allowed me to so drastically shift my perspective the way I have on certain trips. Naturally I'm a pretty negative, pessimistic person, but psychedelics allow me to "see the light" & think in much more positive ways, which also helps me be much more productive, much less destructive."

^
You mentioned musics. Can you elaborate how'd you feel? Maybe the musics are fixed like that, but when you're high it changes? Or it is just as same as when youre high on MDMA? because with MDMA, the rhythms I heard are the same but INTENSE.

Sorry for so many questions.

Unlike caffeine (a stimulant) or alcohol (a downer), whose effects are rather predictable, the nature of a psychedelic experience depends almost entirely on set and setting.
Music affects the setting. That means at one moment you may be laughing with a friend, or feeling cold, and suddenly with a change of music you close your eyes and you're just flying through space and watching closed-eye visuals that are driven by the music.

You see, it's hard to put it into words ;-)

(I have no experience with MDMA so I can't compare)

MDMA and LSD's music enhacement is pretty different. MDMA like you said, it will sound the same but 100x better and more intense. LSD makes you hear 100x the detail from music that you can't hear sober, and makes music very emotional, as well as a raised intensity. LSD visuals can include tracers/after images, color enhancement and color shifting, melting, morphing, and breathing of solid surfaces. Fractal patterns that constantly are changing will overlay your vision with both open and closed eyes, delusions/visions of alternate realities if you take enough. Plus much much more but I don't care to write anymore.

Thanks for the explanation, Efoj and sean107.

Right now I am recovering from MDMA, making me refused the LSDs offered by my friends. But the curiousity kills the cat. Mine havent killed yet.

Any other opinions?
While on LSD, do you have to drink fluid frequently? What about eyes rolling? My friend advices me as a first time user, I have to lock the door with no other sharp tools around me. Do you get 'that lost?'

Sublingually on blotter paper. I have never come across acid in any other form.
Ideally it should be totally tasteless (like the last batch I bought), although a slight metallic taste is perfectly normal.

HD vision, colors changing, intricate patterns overlaying everything I look at, surfaces moving, inanimate objects morphing and breathing... it's really cool. Euphoria is the main reason I take psychedelics though.

Before I discovered 2C-E, LSD was the most euphoric drug I have ever taken. A good trip is pure bliss. The problem is that LSD is a strong emotional amplifier. A bad trip can lead to panic attacks, dysphoric mania and even psychosis in some people.

MDMA is cardiotoxic and neurotoxic. Frequent use is associated with valvular heart disease and serotonin depletion. MDMA causes your brain to pump out a massive amount of serotonin.
MDMA also depletes dopamine, but the brain replenishes dopamine faster than serotonin (depleted serotonin takes longer to recover from). What happens is this dopamine gets reabsorbed into serotonin cells (which are designed for serotonin, not dopamine). AFAIK the breakdown of dopamine by MAO produces hydrogen peroxide, which kills serotonin cells.

LSD is an agonist, not a monoamine releaser. Asides from very short-term downregulation of serotonin receptors (which manifests itself as tolerance to the effects of LSD rather than depressive symptoms), LSD doesn't appear to have any harmful long term effects.

I am so full of curiousity. Most of my friends asked me to try first but no, I need to know a few (especially the effects) before taking drugs.

AA357, your answers are magnificent, making me feels like doing LSD in this period of time. But i just can't, I am recovering from MDMA abuse so yeah :(

Besides, has anyone seen 'ghosts' while you trip? Do you sit down helplessly while tripping just like K-hole?

Besides, has anyone seen 'ghosts' while you trip? Do you sit down helplessly while tripping just like K-hole?

I have certainly seen "things" on acid. Mostly enhancments of what is really there, e.g. moving patterns forming on your wall, changes in color and colored tracers on moving things (beautiful!!!). Yet I have never seen anything "ghostly" that I couldn't attribute to the action of the drug. I think neurologists call the things you see on psychedelics pseudohallucinations while other drugs (deliriants come to mind) make you have true hallucinations which you cannot distinguish from reality.
About the helplessness: Certainly there can be moments during the trip (I'm speaking of normal doses not heroic ones) where you'll be floored. Yet, the plateau comes in waves where the drug's effects are strong interspersed with phases of mental clarity. So if you're in a good setting, not too much danger of just sitting helplessly around. Just start low to check the waters before you enter the rabbit hole completely ;)

I think Sidney Cohen sums it up best in his interview with Time magazine in 1964 when he states that, "[LSD's] effects on the mind... are so fantastic that most experimenters insist words are not the right medium for describing them."

some insightful info regarding point 2 can be found through listening to the sergeant Pepper album by the Beatles. There is one specific song can't seem to recall, but this song perfectly interpetates the lsd exp. It's real weird because when you are tripping on acid that certain song sounds just weird only different as usual. But all your regular songs, your favorites they all sound really bizar just like that.

I expected visuals like mushrooms or something alike but the effects are much more broad and the visuals effects are mainly just remembering being sucked into a vortex. The mental, social and ... are way more powerful in my regard.

Could have been the Cannabis I consumed before hand and during though. I have a feeling abstaining could have given less chaotic and over the hill effects. Who knows. Felt great the weeks after the few times I got to try.

some insightful info regarding point 2 can be found through listening to the sergeant Pepper album by the Beatles. There is one specific song can't seem to recall, but this song perfectly interpetates the lsd exp. It's real weird because when you are tripping on acid that certain song sounds just weird only different as usual. But all your regular songs, your favorites they all sound really bizar just like that.

I expected visuals like mushrooms or something alike but the effects are much more broad and the visuals effects are mainly just remembering being sucked into a vortex. The mental, social and ... are way more powerful in my regard.

Could have been the Cannabis I consumed before hand and during though. I have a feeling abstaining could have given less chaotic and over the hill effects. Who knows. Felt great the weeks after the few times I got to try.

Imo u have to take at least 3 hits to see something, but imo if u try to make yourself see things you won't see them. Also, don't make it the aim of your trip

On the visual side of things, I find randomly patterned objects like carpet and unsymmetrical tiles move a lot and kinda flow like water in a river. Of a night streetlights get all blurred with stretched beams of light coming out with a web of colour around the actual light (the web is usually referred to as an aura). During the peak that classic morphing in your field of vision, kinda like how most TV shows make most drug influenced vision look. Looking into mirrors can be particularly confronting on LSD, its more of a mind thing but.

1. tabs/no taste
2. rainbow vibrations off of objects, color trails, color changes, other visual distortions, patterns etc.
3. good: found long-term happiness and contentness with the world/understood the idea of connectivity
bad: schizophrenic-like delusions brought on by vry sketchy company I was keeping at the time. used logic and reason to fix my sanity
4. this lasted a few months and was not awful, but disturbing to say the least

I think most people can get away with using LSD and be fine if not better off.

Imo u have to take at least 3 hits to see something, but imo if u try to make yourself see things you won't see them. Also, don't make it the aim of your trip

3 hits? No...
Not making it the aim of the trip? This.

3 hits? No...
Not making it the aim of the trip? This.

What's the fuss with not making it the aim of the trip because that's the reason why we're taking it, aren't we?

If hallucinations are the only reason for taking a psychedelic, you shouldn't take psychedelics...what you "see" in a metaphorical, mental sense, is far more profound anyways. Psychedelic = "mind manifesting", by definition.

What's the fuss with not making it the aim of the trip because that's the reason why we're taking it, aren't we?

Actually, make it the aim if you want I personally find the mental aspects are more important and overwhelm the visuals but I guess that's ymmv